Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Man you can't even argue with nikkas like this :mjlol:
Typically you cant argue when you have no argument.

To keep it 100 i wasnt in the theatre rolling my eyes to much. The sex scene should have been cut down a couple minutes considering how pointless it was.

I just left and reflected like what did i just watch. The words some bullshyt popped up in my mind and i was sold.

The stakes, all that was utter bullshyt. The head of that corporation will just make another robot and try again.

Why do you need to go off world to torture someone for answers when you live in a compound the size of a small town.

Dumb

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
This was excellent once deckard shows up. This is a sequel that really does enhance the original

There’s at least 20 minutes of Ryan just walking around

The scenes with his “girl” all dragged and were fukking stupid

The first and last 10 minutes were solid
The scenes with his girl parallels his disillusionment with finding out hes not deckards son. Hes not special to Joi, just as his existence isnt special to the world. He's just another product, which is why he doesnt kill deckard but brings him to his daughter.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah I haven't gone yet,rarely see films first weekend,but just anecdotally everybody I know in real life didn't like the film or showed 0 interest in going.

This will probably have poor legs.

Seems like a critics/film nerd/huge Sci if fan film and that's about it.

Not the type of film that will resonate with general audiences and will find its cult audience on home entertainment.

WB is about the only studio still rolling the dice on huge budget auteur driven films these days. Sucks to see when they don't connect. I worry that the new power structure there with the merger will guide them away from these type of gambles.

Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't touch 30 million OW.
I saw it for the second time last night and even though the theater was full, most of the audience was noticeably older (at least half the people looked 40+) than usual. This is definitely a movie that appeals to a different generation, which is not that surprising since it's a 35 year old sequel to a movie that a lot of people at most "respect" for its influence (eg. not actually care about the flick themselves).

Still it's not as big a gamble as it looks. Deadline reports the mentioned budget is a hard budget, and that Villeneuve even came below it filming in Hungary with numerous tax write-offs. Add that the production was split between WB, Sony and Alcon so even if they 'lose' money on paper, it will not be a big loss to each party.

Looking at WB in particular though, the studio is very high on Gosling as one of their go-to leading men and they probably want to make Villeneuve one of their "in-house" directors too (like Eastwood, Affleck, Snyder and Nolan), so for them this movie is probably an investment in their talent as well.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I saw it for the second time last night and even though the theater was full, most of the audience was noticeably older (at least half the people looked 40+) than usual. This is definitely a movie that appeals to a different generation, which is not that surprising since it's a 35 year old sequel to a movie that a lot of people at most "respect" for its influence (eg. not actually care about the flick themselves).

Still it's not as big a gamble as it looks. Deadline reports the mentioned budget is a hard budget, and that Villeneuve even came below it filming in Hungary with numerous tax write-offs. Add that the production was split between WB, Sony and Alcon so even if they 'lose' money on paper, it will not be a big loss to each party.

Looking at WB in particular though, the studio is very high on Gosling as one of their go-to leading men and they probably want to make Villeneuve one of their "in-house" directors too (like Eastwood, Affleck, Snyder and Nolan), so for them this movie is probably an investment in their talent as well.
Bluray/Digital sales should be good.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
The movie was dope but it was too long.

I didn't care, but I saw it at a 10:30 showing and about 5 people walked out near the third act, and multiple people pulled out their phones to check the time

I generally don't mind long movies, especially like this where there's alot to observe

I'm going again tomorrow