Blacks In The UK Entrenched In Racial Inequality, Living In Poverty, Job Discrimination (BBC REPORT)

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
A lot of Jamaicans ended up in the US/Canada to fill positions as domestic servants (for the US it was right after the civil rights movement). Then when that labor opening for jobs stopped (which gave Jamaicans permanent residency and eventually citizenship), they just sponsored/petitioned for their family members. A lot of immigrant groups did this. Didn't mean you came from money, it meant you were looking for a better life. I remember a Jamaican ex of mine explaining this to me.
Yep. Jamaica is different than some other country in both rich middle class and poor emigrate

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said, y'all chose to go to England and not be be apart of an independent Jamaica

There are way more Jamaican immigrants in the US then in UK so it's not just rich folks that moved. The US has folks from every clas of Jamaican society and Jamaicans been in the US for awhile but especially after the 60s

Y'all grandkids gonna all look like Ross Barkley and Ryan giggs in 100 years
Why stay in jamaica? A country the white man put black people in?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is it your fault you've gone prison or is it the governments? where im from none of us been prison and all own our own businesses
The government. The created the projects/Estate and housed poor people there. Have us the worst teachers etc. If you don't know hard living you don't know

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
From my experiences as a white person from the UK, let me tell you...

Just about every single black person I've met who was born in the UK, speaks and acts like a white English person.

There's a definite sense of "be like us for fukk off and be yourself somewhere else", that's why you never hear a lot about racism with black people in the UK, it's always Asians, because they don't/won't integrate to the same degree and segregate themselves.

I swear I had a housemate at university who was a black guy whose family was from Ghana(he was born in the UK) and he used to say he was from Essex and acted like a stereotypical (white)Essex boy.

I thought it was a bit shameful, but who am I to lecture a black guy on how he should act:manny:

Daps
From my experiences as a white person from the UK, let me tell you...

Just about every single black person I've met who was born in the UK, speaks and acts like a white English person.

There's a definite sense of "be like us for fukk off and be yourself somewhere else", that's why you never hear a lot about racism with black people in the UK, it's always Asians, because they don't/won't integrate to the same degree and segregate themselves.

I swear I had a housemate at university who was a black guy whose family was from Ghana(he was born in the UK) and he used to say he was from Essex and acted like a stereotypical (white)Essex boy.

I thought it was a bit shameful, but who am I to lecture a black guy on how he should act:manny:

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

@Kitsch see how these Ghana boys act :mjpls: Ghanaians and Nigerians are the most notorious :mjpls: folk

Ghanaians come get your boy :sas1:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 22 so a comparison doesn't work here
:mjlol: so your logic is country of origin of your direct oppressors >>>>country you developed
You black Brits have no future
I was buying property and land at 20, ive already said that. so yeah the comparison does work breh.

no future lol? as I said when I was younger than you I was owning land, anyone who knows anything knows the first way to take over a country is by owning land and property, you're in usa with nothing to your name, you have no percentage in USA.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

@Kitsch see how these Ghana boys act :mjpls: Ghanaians and Nigerians are the most notorious :mjpls: folk

Ghanaians come get your boy :sas1:
Once, Ghana were playing(football/soccer) and it was on TV, and i asked him if he wanted to watch with me and my friend, but he said he couldn't because he was taking a (white)girl to nandos, and he didn't really support Ghana anyway:scust:

I never looked at him the same:sas2: