Blacks In The UK Entrenched In Racial Inequality, Living In Poverty, Job Discrimination (BBC REPORT)

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
No, they really don't. That's why it amazes me when they have some of the same issues we're talking about in this thread. It's like :mindblown: you guys have the money and the numbers and several organisations, movements etc that we could only dream of plus a longer history in the west and have created the country you reside in!

:mjcry:

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
As for relationships, never dated out, never will. But my next wife will probably from abroad most likely. :snoop:
Yep. A pure african or an african American girl even a black girl from the islands or americas is fine with me. No point going for uk black girls.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breh that happens here all the fukking time. Y'alls police are getting the playbook from us. :pachaha:

I'm reading his post like :what:

The US been had stop and frisk in certain places u got guys in camera being choked to death, shot etc by cops...what is this English chappy talking about? "You are protected".. everything he described in his experience happens here regularly .

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THERE IS NO BLACK MIDDLE CLASS COMMUNITY IN LONDON!

NONE.

NONE.

Me and my wife have been tried to settle down make black city friends with families shyt is HARD. I'd say maybe 70% of the ones we meet have a white spouse. Meeting two black professionals who are just normal and calm and a family is soooo hard.

I live in Marylebone/Regents Park area and I haven't met any black people man. It fukking sucks....ALL c00ns and Wenches.

Zone 1 fam damn what kinda bread you stacking

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I'm about to go deep...

Breh, I'm going to get really depressed when I think of the houses, remember a lot of African and West Indian people bought houses in prime areas. I'll never forget my aunt who had a 6 bedroom townhouse in Islington near Angel, imagine how much it would be worth now ?! She sold it when she got a business idea in Africa (which failed). Do you know how much property OUR PARENTS generation could have held on to ?! Black people just weren't motivated. Much of the white baby boomer wealth today is because they cashed in the housing boom, the people who bought cheap houses in notting hill 20 years ago, WHAT WERE BLACK PEOPLE DOING ?! Africans were the worst, instead of investing somewhere they'd live in a council flat but send the money back to Africa :why:

All those areas like Angel, Islington, Stoke Newington, black people had houses there, those houses would be worth MILLIONS now. Black people have been here so long, all the house booms whites made money off they could have too, buy to let which most Asians made so much from they could have made money from too.

I'll NEVER forget when I was at uni, I went for an interview at a retail job for weekends. I got it. A few years later I was hunting for a flat believe the STORE MANAGER of the retail shop who was like a 23 year old Asian girl was the landlord!! There was a GOLDEN period in the 80s,90s,00s where many of the property millionaires we see today made so much money. What were these people doing ?! It still pisses me off because this generation would have benefitted greatly if they just bothered to invest. They just had NO interest in building anything. The africans would legit prefer to live in a council flat and send money to some fake building site than just buy a damn house to live in.

They dropped SO MANY BALLS and there were so many golden times....when social mobility was easier, uni was free, there were no eastern europeans. They just did nothing. Now they're old and there kids and having to start over. You have generations of black people all having to start over when people who came here have enjoyed generations of building.

So it's a cycle the kids who do build go and marry white and rinse and return but it angers me how reckless the older generations were....they had London BEFORE the EE's evaded. BEFORE the Europeans came, they had a goldmine. Asians took it they didn't. Too busy spending their pay cheques on bullshyt. Most of those African investments fell through...
realest post when gentrification really hits london it's get gonna gt really ugly for black people any black people who dosent own any property is going to get shipped up north

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
mannn, if you past through croydon you will see the worst looking white chicks with loads of african or carrib baby dads and all the kids are little mixed kids but the mothers just look nasty , not even being rude but its fuked up
Trill post. I'm a Croydon boy too.

I'm not anti inter racial marriages btw. But the community of blacks in UK is weak. It's stronger between individual nations but barely. Without community it's difficult.

I'll get my @'s tomorrow with info.

The only hook up I've ever had in the workplace came from a white lady - an old boss of mine. I need tips @Theraflu

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Breh, don't even get me started on Darcus Howe. He's a shining example as to the type of black man that made our community the way it is today. The sad thing is, that man used to be a serious REVOLUTIONARY back in the 1970s you can youtube his videos from that time period. I mean a serious one, and he fell all the way the fukk off. The old Darcus Howe would never let some racist asian talk to him like that. I don;t know what happened to him.

Apart from a few here or there, I don't fukk with the asians as a whole. But you know what, they don't have to like or respect us. That's OUR job. All we do like a bunch of fools is put money in their pockets only for them to turn around and talk the way the guy in the video does. The caribbean community like AAs once had a certain, proud spirit about them like the ones who got off the Windrush in 1948. But when you don't worship a god that looks like you, coupled with pairing up with white women even risking death and losing that entrepreneural spirit, then future generations end up like we have today. They're quick to blame the young generation, but what did they physically build for us? You can't eat values. Even when I go out to places like Watford and I see all those nice houses, I sometimes imagine it to be a british version of somewhere like Baldwin Hills or ATL lol. At least one part of the country should be that way. I was telling my sister I wish there was a nice black area where I could raise my future kids in. I never grew up with black conscious parents, but I've never desired to date or marry into a white family. fukk that. But I could tell you stories for days of c00ns that have opposed me on it. :snoop:

It's so bad I can't even get defensive when SOME (because the beef isn't really there as such anymore) Africans talk bad about us, because truth is truth.
Need those stories lol. State them bruh

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Whats happened in brixton?

Think of Harlem, New York. Literally the exact same thing.

Breh I'm about to go deep...

Breh, I'm going to get really depressed when I think of the houses, remember a lot of African and West Indian people bought houses in prime areas. I'll never forget my aunt who had a 6 bedroom townhouse in Islington near Angel, imagine how much it would be worth now ?! She sold it when she got a business idea in Africa (which failed). Do you know how much property OUR PARENTS generation could have held on to ?! Black people just weren't motivated. Much of the white baby boomer wealth today is because they cashed in the housing boom, the people who bought cheap houses in notting hill 20 years ago, WHAT WERE BLACK PEOPLE DOING ?! Africans were the worst, instead of investing somewhere they'd live in a council flat but send the money back to Africa :why:

All those areas like Angel, Islington, Stoke Newington, black people had houses there, those houses would be worth MILLIONS now. Black people have been here so long, all the house booms whites made money off they could have too, buy to let which most Asians made so much from they could have made money from too.

I'll NEVER forget when I was at uni, I went for an interview at a retail job for weekends. I got it. A few years later I was hunting for a flat believe the STORE MANAGER of the retail shop who was like a 23 year old Asian girl was the landlord!! There was a GOLDEN period in the 80s,90s,00s where many of the property millionaires we see today made so much money. What were these people doing ?! It still pisses me off because this generation would have benefitted greatly if they just bothered to invest. They just had NO interest in building anything. The africans would legit prefer to live in a council flat and send money to some fake building site than just buy a damn house to live in.

They dropped SO MANY BALLS and there were so many golden times....when social mobility was easier, uni was free, there were no eastern europeans. They just did nothing. Now they're old and there kids and having to start over. You have generations of black people all having to start over when people who came here have enjoyed generations of building.

So it's a cycle the kids who do build go and marry white and rinse and return but it angers me how reckless the older generations were....they had London BEFORE the EE's evaded. BEFORE the Europeans came, they had a goldmine. Asians took it they didn't. Too busy spending their pay cheques on bullshyt. Most of those African investments fell through...

That's what I'm saying. Even if we never had the numbers of the Asians, we would be a much bigger powerhouse and economic/political threat if we took advantage of all the property that was cheap as hell back then. Shoreditch is even gentrified like no one's business. Tottenham is still hood as fukk, but you can even see the changes there with the Polish who have set up shop.

Go from Upper Edmonton right down to Ponders End, Enfield on the high road and for like six miles straight you'll see a slew of Turkish/Greek restaurants like Kervan Sofrasi and other places that look damn near like palaces......and we've been here for how long? The most we can have is a bakery here and there? SMH.

The Jews run Stokey and Stamford Hill. You can't even make moves property wise around there without their say so, pretty much.

Plus all this marrying out has really harmed us, because while Asians were sticking to their own, our parents and grandparents were on some kumbaya bullshyt imagining what their 'pretty' grandchildren will look like. I even see some of that same mentality today. Even when I talk about black economics today, I still have to choose my words carefully amongst some black folks because the first thing that flies out their mouth is some kneejerk bullshyt in defense of white people when I never even bring cacs up! The only thing they're concerned about is not hurting white people's feelings. Ugh. It makes me sick to my stomach the mentality of some black folks, but I blame their fukking parents and those before them for not instilling any cultural pride when it comes to economics and relationships.

We think we've made 'progress' because Usain Bolt is dominating the olympics and because we know how to cook a wicked plate of rice and peas. SMH.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yep. A pure african or an african American girl even a black girl from the islands or americas is fine with me. No point going for uk black girls.

LOL but AA men say the same thing about AA women, but I'm not gonna lie....plenty of AA women holla at a brotha plus there's a much larger selection to choose from. There are definitely some good sistas here, but I know what you mean. Sometimes I get fooled until they open their mouths lol.

But still, I'm not ever moving back to America and I can't see an AA woman moving here. Realistically, I see myself with a woman straight from the islands. I need to go to JA or Trinidad somewhere.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
@Theraflu come to think of it there's no real area that has a strong/dominant black identity huh?

as an Arab I know we have Edgware Road down on lock lol and a few places here and there sporadically

btw I don't live far from you hah, live in St Johns Wood so on the other side of Regents Park pretty much
:salute:

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Brixton's fukked. I grew up in Brixton in my early years - it's way different now. I had dinner with my cousins there having been working in Brixton for a short while and she was gobsmacked at how "white" Brixton had become. Even Granville Arcade is now "Brixton Village" with little niche pop-up restaurants for yuppies to sip coffee and talk about their latest trip to Switzerland or wherever.

The market's slowly being phased out for coffee shops, Foxtons and other assorted bullshyt with no real authenticity. Even heard a rumor they're going to rename it "East Clapham" :scusthov:
:snoop: