Blacks In The UK Entrenched In Racial Inequality, Living In Poverty, Job Discrimination (BBC REPORT)

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Stop & Frisk laws in the UK are a joke. You can get searched for no reason, police don't need suspicion or evidence to be suspicious. IN the US there's laws protecting people's rights like that even if most don't know em. No such thing in the UK. I found this out at 14 when I first got searched and then hopped onto google.

You a Zone 1 brother.... you definitely aint middle class bro.
It don't work like that breh.:whoa:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yeah, I remember the Crouches. It had potential, but you could tell the writers didn't have a clue. The Real McCoy was authentic because they were conscious and knew the score and came from the community. That was like the British In Living Color but better imo.

They all mostly wrote their own sketches I think - definitely a British version of In Living Color. They even had half the cast of Goodness Gracious Me in it before they broke off into their own show.

I remember my dad got together with a few other well known black actors at the time in the 90s (off the top, Robbie Gee, Brian Bovell, Eddie Nestor, Roger Griffiths are the main ones I remember) to make a sketch show. It was quite successful on stage then a few years later they got a pilot commissioned. As good as they were, BBC (who commissioned the pilot) never aired it and nothing ever happened after that :francis:. There was not much room for black TV like that, not over here anyway. Even Lenny Henry, for all the c00nery he can be accused of, thinks it's bullshyt :russ:

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
I somewhat agree, @Theraflu.

You're right. The caribbean community dropped the ball and as a caribbean myself, I'm really ashamed at how the older generations let us down. I don't know if you've seen the 1975 movie Pressure, but the older woman who plays the christian fanatic mother is a shining example of the extreme c00nery and anti-black empowerment mentality many of these older folks had instead of encouraging their children to build their own infrastructure like the other communities do. All this bullshyt trying to shame the angry, conscious black youth of the 1970s has had a knock on effect to this day. We did have the 'pardner' system but that wasn't strong enough and fizzled out real quickly.

In fact I was going to make a thread on the programme Darcus Howe made (I don't know wtf he titled it the way he did) and listen to the comments from that racist Asian dude from 9:00 - 14:20:

They're in a position to rub shyt like that in our faces because we didn't encourage entrepreneurship, everything was about studying hard to get a good position in a company somewhere.

I know it looks bleak, but believe it or not, I'm still hopeful because of the circles I run in. I know Menelik Shabazz and his wife and have met the girls from the youtube channel 'curlture' plus many other folks who were behind the annual reparations march. Menelik and his wife have started a movement called Love-a-Lution aimed at restoring love between black men and women in this country and you should check out their documentary Looking For Love. I know some of the folks who participated in it and it's ALL black focused. To be honest, the conscious few are the ones who will probably save us.

I wish the Africans would lead the way and do what the caribbeans should have done long ago. I go to Southall, and I think I'm in India. I go over to Brixton, and it doesn't even feel the same anymore. That town should have been ours AGES ago.

Whats happened in brixton?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
A lot of black people think because they're not getting attacked in the streets by skinheads and the NF anymore like back in the day, that everything is all good.

This is why I agree with people who say if you're not talking about black economics, then you ain't talking about shyt. All that kemet talk ain't building anything for us, besides, how do you think Kemet achieved all that greatness in the first place??

I've got way more respect for people like that young brother from here who created his own aftershave brand and those brothers in Ghana who created the fleet of cars than folks who can name all the stars in the universe but don't have shyt to show for it.

Last edited:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Breh, don't even get me started on Darcus Howe. He's a shining example as to the type of black man that made our community the way it is today. The sad thing is, that man used to be a serious REVOLUTIONARY back in the 1970s you can youtube his videos from that time period. I mean a serious one, and he fell all the way the fukk off. The old Darcus Howe would never let some racist asian talk to him like that. I don;t know what happened to him.

Apart from a few here or there, I don't fukk with the asians as a whole. But you know what, they don't have to like or respect us. That's OUR job. All we do like a bunch of fools is put money in their pockets only for them to turn around and talk the way the guy in the video does. The caribbean community like AAs once had a certain, proud spirit about them like the ones who got off the Windrush in 1948. But when you don't worship a god that looks like you, coupled with pairing up with white women even risking death and losing that entrepreneural spirit, then future generations end up like we have today. They're quick to blame the young generation, but what did they physically build for us? You can't eat values. Even when I go out to places like Watford and I see all those nice houses, I sometimes imagine it to be a british version of somewhere like Baldwin Hills or ATL lol. At least one part of the country should be that way. I was telling my sister I wish there was a nice black area where I could raise my future kids in. I never grew up with black conscious parents, but I've never desired to date or marry into a white family. fukk that. But I could tell you stories for days of c00ns that have opposed me on it. :snoop:

It's so bad I can't even get defensive when SOME (because the beef isn't really there as such anymore) Africans talk bad about us, because truth is truth.

Breh I'm about to go deep...

Breh, I'm going to get really depressed when I think of the houses, remember a lot of African and West Indian people bought houses in prime areas. I'll never forget my aunt who had a 6 bedroom townhouse in Islington near Angel, imagine how much it would be worth now ?! She sold it when she got a business idea in Africa (which failed). Do you know how much property OUR PARENTS generation could have held on to ?! Black people just weren't motivated. Much of the white baby boomer wealth today is because they cashed in the housing boom, the people who bought cheap houses in notting hill 20 years ago, WHAT WERE BLACK PEOPLE DOING ?! Africans were the worst, instead of investing somewhere they'd live in a council flat but send the money back to Africa :why:

All those areas like Angel, Islington, Stoke Newington, black people had houses there, those houses would be worth MILLIONS now. Black people have been here so long, all the house booms whites made money off they could have too, buy to let which most Asians made so much from they could have made money from too.

I'll NEVER forget when I was at uni, I went for an interview at a retail job for weekends. I got it. A few years later I was hunting for a flat believe the STORE MANAGER of the retail shop who was like a 23 year old Asian girl was the landlord!! There was a GOLDEN period in the 80s,90s,00s where many of the property millionaires we see today made so much money. What were these people doing ?! It still pisses me off because this generation would have benefitted greatly if they just bothered to invest. They just had NO interest in building anything. The africans would legit prefer to live in a council flat and send money to some fake building site than just buy a damn house to live in.

They dropped SO MANY BALLS and there were so many golden times....when social mobility was easier, uni was free, there were no eastern europeans. They just did nothing. Now they're old and there kids and having to start over. You have generations of black people all having to start over when people who came here have enjoyed generations of building.

So it's a cycle the kids who do build go and marry white and rinse and return but it angers me how reckless the older generations were....they had London BEFORE the EE's evaded. BEFORE the Europeans came, they had a goldmine. Asians took it they didn't. Too busy spending their pay cheques on bullshyt. Most of those African investments fell through...

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Yes breh :yes: thats where my new flat is

My local nearest 3 stations are marylebone, baker street and regents park. They're all quite close to each other.
Congrats on having a great job breh. Any advice for a breh like me wanting to go into banking, law or accountancy? How can i make it as a black man? Where should i be applying? Im mad depressed bruh.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Congrats on having a great job breh. Any advice for a breh like me wanting to go into banking, law or accountancy? How can i make it as a black man? Where should i be applying? Im mad depressed bruh.

What's your degree and experience breh ?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
It don't work like that breh.:whoa:
Is it legal to search someone in the US for no valid reason? Simply walking down the street. No cause for suspicion. Simply driving in your car. They need suspicion to search you I believe. That's why they have the sniffer dogs for cars. No need in the UK. Stopped and searched just because.

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
There's a few groups on meetups.com i've been meaning to check out.

Your point is why I loved Uni. It was a fairly small community but it was a Uni of somewhat like-minded black folk. You'll never get that again.
Send me those meet ups bruh. Please. Been looking to meet up with like minded black folks

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Whats happened in brixton?
Brixton's fukked. I grew up in Brixton in my early years - it's way different now. I had dinner with my cousins there having been working in Brixton for a short while and she was gobsmacked at how "white" Brixton had become. Even Granville Arcade is now "Brixton Village" with little niche pop-up restaurants for yuppies to sip coffee and talk about their latest trip to Switzerland or wherever.

The market's slowly being phased out for coffee shops, Foxtons and other assorted bullshyt with no real authenticity. Even heard a rumor they're going to rename it "East Clapham" :scusthov:

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
Well lets build are our ish and stop being c00ns when we come up. But also people need to stop with the hating and crab in a barrel mentality

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Breh I'm about to go deep...

Breh, I'm going to get really depressed when I think of the houses, remember a lot of African and West Indian people bought houses in prime areas. I'll never forget my aunt who had a 6 bedroom townhouse in Islington near Angel, imagine how much it would be worth now ?! She sold it when she got a business idea in Africa (which failed). Do you know how much property OUR PARENTS generation could have held on to ?! Black people just weren't motivated. Much of the white baby boomer wealth today is because they cashed in the housing boom, the people who bought cheap houses in notting hill 20 years ago, WHAT WERE BLACK PEOPLE DOING ?! Africans were the worst, instead of investing somewhere they'd live in a council flat but send the money back to Africa :why:

All those areas like Angel, Islington, Stoke Newington, black people had houses there, those houses would be worth MILLIONS now. Black people have been here so long, all the house booms whites made money off they could have too, buy to let which most Asians made so much from they could have made money from too.

I'll NEVER forget when I was at uni, I went for an interview at a retail job for weekends. I got it. A few years later I was hunting for a flat believe the STORE MANAGER of the retail shop who was like a 23 year old Asian girl was the landlord!! There was a GOLDEN period in the 80s,90s,00s where many of the property millionaires we see today made so much money. What were these people doing ?! It still pisses me off because this generation would have benefitted greatly if they just bothered to invest. They just had NO interest in building anything. The africans would legit prefer to live in a council flat and send money to some fake building site than just buy a damn house to live in.

They dropped SO MANY BALLS and there were so many golden times....when social mobility was easier, uni was free, there were no eastern europeans. They just did nothing. Now they're old and there kids and having to start over. You have generations of black people all having to start over when people who came here have enjoyed generations of building.

So it's a cycle the kids who do build go and marry white and rinse and return but it angers me how reckless the older generations were....they had London BEFORE the EE's evaded. BEFORE the Europeans came, they had a goldmine. Asians took it they didn't. Too busy spending their pay cheques on bullshyt. Most of those African investments fell through...
Cold truth. We didn't take advantage of the labour era at all. That era was great. What the fukk happened?

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Is it legal to search someone in the US for no valid reason? Simply walking down the street. No cause for suspicion. Simply driving in your car. They need suspicion to search you I believe. That's why they have the sniffer dogs for cars. No need in the UK. Stopped and searched just because.
Breh that happens here all the fukking time. Y'alls police are getting the playbook from us. :pachaha: