black women wearing a whole satin head bonnet in public unappreciation

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I hate it too :yeshrug: But I was raised not to leave the house in pajamas or slippers so that's just me. I don't mind scarfs, wraps (love wraps) or something, but a bonnet to me is for bed or the house. It does look unkept to me like leaving the house in a robe. Not like dirty or stinky lol.

Just my opinion :hubie: On another note maybe if I did have a bonnet outside my hair would be more manageable over all :ehh: still can't tho .

Last edited:

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
my grandmother taught me to always be presentable when leaving the house so no pajamas out the house, no headscarves/bonnets, make sure my hair is done etc. Also being dressed properly for a situation is important too. Some ppl at my job (I work at a school) come in looking like w/e in jeans, run down sneakers, baggy t-shirts smh :francis:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
my grandmother taught me to always be presentable when leaving the house so no pajamas out the house, no headscarves/bonnets, make sure my hair is done etc. Also being dressed properly for a situation is important too. Some ppl at my job (I work at a school) come in looking like w/e in jeans, run down sneakers, baggy t-shirts smh :francis:

OMG people do not dress for work anymore. Every job I have gotten I have been over dressed for most of my co-workers.

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
OMG people do not dress for work anymore. Every job I have gotten I have been over dressed for most of my co-workers.
I don't understand it smh.
But recently one of the admin assistants (a black woman) got approached by a higher up (white man) and was asked how she's able to afford to dress so nicely on her salary :mjpls: but that's a story for another day smh

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
This thread did remind me that I had been meaning to line my beanies with satin cause I get those fuzzies in my hair when I do wear them
:lupe: Is this acceptable?

Beanies are cute, anything can be worn as long as it can be pulled off, that's why I don't sweat people who wear pajamas too much because you can pull off a very casual look.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Beanies are cute, anything can be worn as long as it can be pulled off, that's why I don't sweat people who wear pajamas too much because you can pull off a very casual look.
I judge people who wear pajamas out the door :dame: ironically they usually have a bonnet on their head.
Rofl, I'm only verbal with friends and family. I'm not tryna catch hands from someone who look like they don't care
:mjgrin:
:mjlol: I grew up in the hood trust I know.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
@MoonGoddess from the hood

She dun came out the satin bonnet :lolbron:

protect that fresh style and those endz guuuurrrllll

edit: see LOL
Lmao, I've never worn one out, I actually didn't start wearing them till I went natural. I rock my beanie when I'm out in about for the most part. But yeah being from the hood I seen it so much I never thought it was a big deal.