Black woman wants to know why don't Black men BUILD in their communities like Asian and Hispanic men do?

SunnyD

All Star
Daps
*slowly tip toes in* I surely hope no one takes what SHE says as Gospel. Here’s the thing contrary to what folks think .. these women on the internet don’t speak for black women as a whole. She doesn’t speak for me or the women I associate with. I would like to know everything she feels she’s done for this community because the back and forth is tiring at this point. I know a shyt ton of black men that are building. It might not be the way she or others want but it’s happening. I know brothers that volunteer their TIME and RESOURCES to make sure that the community is good. Just because they aren’t all in the cameras and asking for recognition doesn’t mean it’s not so. Again, she doesn’t speak for us all .. know that.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I think part of the problem is we have some brothers who seek to find any excuse for why they are not successful. They seem to be crowded in certain areas, so those areas do not seem to be well built up. There are a lot of brothers out there who are building things, but many of them are not crowded in the areas that she probably passes through, so she will not even see them. Nor will those brothers who are actually working towards success be on the look out for her. So she is a victim of her environment perhaps, and needs to move out of it to actually see Black men who are upward mobile.

Now I am not saying White Supremacy does not make it harder on us to succeed, but we can't allow that to be the excuse for why we are not doing anything. We still need to provide for our families, and so we need to put in the extra effort needed to overcome the obstacles that are place in our way. We have some brothers who are just unwilling to do that, and the sisters who choose to have relationships with those brothers sometimes assume that all brothers are like their man.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Black women like this secretly despise black men. They will always find something to complain and blame bm for. It's inevitable. Black men "build" up their communities just as much as any other group. It's just not showcased because most people dgaf outside of us.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This goes both ways because the women I see with my own eyes are too busy trying to be "boss bytches" and their kids dumb and cant read.
That didn't take long.

Do you have an reason why BM aren't building or are you just going to continue to equate yourself to women ?

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
Brothers hate one another. Especially when it comes to working with one another.. If you cant see this you either not involved with your company or you live in a very diverse or white community.

Where do yall get this bullshyt?
Has to be your own experiences and what you gather from the net...

Consider that....

And consider speaking for yourself when making heneral statements like that...

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Black women like this secretly despise black men. They will always find something to complain and blame bm for. It's inevitable. Black men "build" up their communities just as much as any other group. It's just not showcased because most people dgaf outside of us.
Those other groups place of business don’t get harassed either. Lot of money laundering and gambling in the back of their places. Massage parlors etc.

Meanwhile cops were harassing nipsey for buying the lot. A Black group out there raised the money to buy that Crenshaw area OVER THE ASKING PRICE and still got denied on bullshyt. Then theres aggressive imminent domain on black people. And then those white passing “POC’s” try to hem black business owners up on bullshyt violations(nuisance abatement)

For the “most educated” group in America you shouldn’t even have to explain this. Look at how Asians do black women who do hair stores. They only provide goods to them just to see if their location is doing well, so they can buy that location later when they sabotage them

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I wasn't sure how to feel about this...but knowing that she's in Tampa and seeing the demographics, I think she's right.

Tampa Demographics​

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Tampa was:

• White: 61.61%
  • Black or African American: 23.32%
  • Two or more races: 7.33%
  • Asian: 4.49%
  • Other race: 2.94%
  • Native American: 0.24%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.07%

Hazel Brown

All Star
Daps
She could have pointed out her opinion on lack of black businesses without being so damn condescending. Who’s gonna openly listen when you talk down to men like they are kids? I got so much second hand embarrassment watching this. Insulting your own race in front of other races too smh.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I think part of the problem is we have some brothers who seek to find any excuse for why they are not successful. They seem to be crowded in certain areas, so those areas do not seem to be well built up. There are a lot of brothers out there who are building things, but many of them are not crowded in the areas that she probably passes through, so she will not even see them. Nor will those brothers who are actually working towards success be on the look out for her. So she is a victim of her environment perhaps, and needs to move out of it to actually see Black men who are upward mobile.

Now I am not saying White Supremacy does not make it harder on us to succeed, but we can't allow that to be the excuse for why we are not doing anything. We still need to provide for our families, and so we need to put in the extra effort needed to overcome the obstacles that are place in our way. We have some brothers who are just unwilling to do that, and the sisters who choose to have relationships with those brothers sometimes assume that all brothers are like their man.
You always have a very balanced perspective. I agree.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
She could have pointed out her opinion on lack of black businesses without being so damn condescending. Who’s gonna openly listen when you talk down to men like they are kids? I got so much second hand embarrassment watching this.

The Coli has praised people like Kevin Samuels for doing the exact same thing though, even defending his tone by saying Black people don't respond well to kind critique.

:francis: