Black Woman Blames White Universities For NOT Hooking Them Up With White MEN

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I thought it was a pretty thoughtful article. It highlighted issues Black women (and Black men) face due to negative stereotypes and systemic racism when looking for a partner in and outside of their race.

Whether dating to marry or focusing on dating at all is a priority for Black women in college, uncontrollable factors like systematic racism, preference, and stigma in a society influenced by western beauty standards play into the experience of singlehood amongst Black female college students.

According to the book "The Dating Divide: Race and Desire in the Era of Online Romance," young Black women, like most everyone else, want to marry someone who's similarly educated. But in a society where Black women are among the highest educated female demographic in America (in terms of post-secondary education) and only 36% of Black male students complete a bachelor's degree within six years, the dating pool drastically decreases for college Black women seeking an equal on campus.

"We have an economic system that creates real inequality, in particular for Black men. And so you have a situation known as the marriage squeeze, where Black women tend to be more highly educated than Black men because of the different ways in which a racist society impacts men versus women," said Jennifer Lundquist, professor of Sociology and Senior Associate Dean of Research & Faculty Development at the University of Massachusetts, and co-author of "The Dating Divide."

Issues like a higher mortality rate among Black men — both for health reasons, but also systematic violence — including police brutality, affects the gender proportions in the Black community. In terms of challenges surrounding completion of secondary education, factors like being a first-generation college student, needing to work a full-time job while in school, or not having the savings or financial support to afford tuition slow down the rate at which Black men graduate.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
"A viral TikTok of white, female college graduates showcasing their engagement rings while waiting to receive their degrees"

Single white women are the wealthiest demographic of single people in America

Their wealth levels skyrocket once they get married.

The wealth levels of elderly white women in America are insane.

Last edited:
Daps
I'm not even touching the thread title topic :snoop:

But this little tidbit screamed out at me from the article.

"For Black women attending college, we're really striving to level the playing field or become economically stable. Our goal is to secure a career, and in turn, secure our families," said Anjerrika Bean, the assistant director of Howard University's Center for Women, Gender and Global Leadership. "Securing a spouse isn't the ultimate agenda for us. That doesn't mean we aren't interested in it, but it isn't the reason we are choosing to further our education at said institution."

White women don't think like this.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Same old articles of black men are not shyt

“ HIGHLY EDUCATED BLACK WOMEN CANT FIND THE SAME HIGHLY EDUCATED BLACK MEN BECAUSE BLACK MEN ARE NOT IN COLLEGE, BLACK MEN DYING IN THE STREETS, BLACK MEN ARE IN JAIL, ETC ETC “

Every year for the past 25 years the same bullshyt ..

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Same old articles of black men are not shyt

“ HIGHLY EDUCATED BLACK WOMEN CANT FIND THE SAME HIGHLY EDUCATED BLACK MEN BECAUSE BLACK MEN ARE NOT IN COLLEGE, BLACK MEN DYING IN THE STREETS, BLACK MEN ARE IN JAIL, ETC ETC “

Every year for the past 25 years the same bullshyt ..

These women don't really want to marry black men is the real issue. That's fine. We see it.

Black men move accordingly.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
These women don't really want to marry black men is the real issue. That's fine. We see it.

Black men move accordingly.

Not enough athletes or entertainers to make up for their “blackness”

Plenty of stipulations placed on the black men in her circles. While as we know, Conrad can just be Conrad.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As we speak there's literally another PAWG thread right above this one so let's keep the hypocrisy down a bit.

FCGZrSO.png

Some of you dudes worship white women as much as some of these wenches worship white men :hubie:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps

Plenty of stipulations placed on the black men in her circles. While as we know, Conrad can just be Conrad.

That's just it. "Conrad isn't paying attention to me so I'm going to write these 400-word psuedo-intellectual essays about interracial dating to dissimulate my unwantedness and hold black men culpable"

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Want black men that are educated, are not the ones they physically attracted to. Not every black man is some 6'8 chiseled ballplayer with clout and swag that is a 6 figure earner.

Hate to say this, but outside of staying in shape for health reasons, too many black folks are throwing away good partners over extreme sexual attraction. Like, wanting dudes to be some sex god to them as a regular standard.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Three years ago she written this article

Good catch :mjlol:

At the height of national interest regarding police brutality against black men, this is what her focus was. Sexual and romantic relations with white men. They get passed around by cacs throughout university then at the end with no ring to show for it, they want to bark down black men's neck or reform as blickity black to catch a simp