Black Wealth Cratered Under Obama

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yo, P? If a certain demo is hurt the most by a crisis not in their control...shouldn't they get preferential treatment in recovery? Especially when 94% of them voted for your party? Especially when they've been historically looked over on these type of deals (The New Deal for example) @Poitier

:patrice:maybe we should've just pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps.

I mean; we prolly wouldn't be on the brink of 0% average wealth in 35 years if something was done. Ah, fukk it. It was our fault. Barry is not the President of Black America.

He is not the President of Black America, he is the President of the USA, Easy-E :troll:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Does putting more police departments under federal oversight or having an active civil rights division count?

Did it stop the raise of the Alt-Right and White Terrorism...?

Did it stop Trump and his White supremacists from reversing the role of the federal government in such matters?

So no it doesn't count, results matter, not effort...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Its not at all complex, you've posted plenty of evidence in the past that supports precisely what he's saying.
Black America is a portion of American society, due to the large chunk of Black America trapped as an underclass, and historic subjugation, when the US economy is doing poorly, Black Americans are doing worse. When there is improvement, it lags in the Black community.
An economic downturn that hits the largest source of Black wealth, the housing market, will disproportionately affect the Black community, the same way shipping auto and manufacturing jobs overseas disproportionately affected the Black community.

And you know how ya boy Barry could have fixed that? Tons of reparations coded as stimulus as Q.E. policy.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
You do realize I'm not opposed to the stimulus that was given but you Obama supporters never give a good answer why stimulus was not given to the common citizen when it was also within the realm of possibility :patrice:

wasn't it - there were several social programs that were given stimulus and the companies that benefited were expected to higher workers thus bringing the unemployment down across the board , which it did. Lower cost of schools, etc etc.

Let's be real blacks did not take advantage of alot this due to their own lack of motivation or systemic racism - the issue i have is the latter is commonly an excuse and it's very hard to statistically and objectively tell which is which.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When he went to Africa (the one time he did), and told them to stop blaming the white man, I knew he was a c00n sellout at that moment.

People called me a militant at that time. I ultimately was proved right. Dude was nothing but a sellout bought out by gays to program blacks and promote the gay agenda.
It was a historic visit and speech.

I bolded the part you're referring to. Read what he said in the context of this passage.

Barack Obama’s Speech To Africa | TIME.com
We must start from the simple premise that Africa’s future is up to Africans.

I say this knowing full well the tragic past that has sometimes haunted this part of the world. I have the blood of Africa within me, and my family’s own story encompasses both the tragedies and triumphs of the larger African story.

My grandfather was a cook for the British in Kenya, and though he was a respected elder in his village, his employers called him “boy” for much of his life. He was on the periphery of Kenya’s liberation struggles, but he was still imprisoned briefly during repressive times. In his life, colonialism wasn’t simply the creation of unnatural borders or unfair terms of trade – it was something experienced personally, day after day, year after year.

My father grew up herding goats in a tiny village, an impossible distance away from the American universities where he would come to get an education. He came of age at an extraordinary moment of promise for Africa. The struggles of his own father’s generation were giving birth to new nations, beginning right here in Ghana. Africans were educating and asserting themselves in new ways. History was on the move.

But despite the progress that has been made – and there has been considerable progress in parts of Africa – we also know that much of that promise has yet to be fulfilled. Countries like Kenya, which had a per capita economy larger than South Korea’s when I was born, have been badly outpaced. Disease and conflict have ravaged parts of the African continent. In many places, the hope of my father’s generation gave way to cynicism, even despair.

It is easy to point fingers, and to pin the blame for these problems on others. Yes, a colonial map that made little sense bred conflict, and the West has often approached Africa as a patron, rather than a partner. But the West is not responsible for the destruction of the Zimbabwean economy over the last decade, or wars in which children are enlisted as combatants. In my father’s life, it was partly tribalism and patronage in an independent Kenya that for a long stretch derailed his career, and we know that this kind of corruption is a daily fact of life for far too many.

Of course, we also know that is not the whole story. Here in Ghana, you show us a face of Africa that is too often overlooked by a world that sees only tragedy or the need for charity. The people of Ghana have worked hard to put democracy on a firmer footing, with peaceful transfers of power even in the wake of closely contested elections. And with improved governance and an emerging civil society, Ghana’s economy has shown impressive rates of growth.

This progress may lack the drama of the 20th century’s liberation struggles, but make no mistake: it will ultimately be more significant. For just as it is important to emerge from the control of another nation, it is even more important to build one’s own.

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
  • Curb immigration and plainly state "We love ya'll, but, we have a humanitarian crisis where young blacks in 35 major cities have unemployment rates of 45%+"
  • Penalties to bankers who screwed people--specially us--with predatory lending
  • Audit media outlets in how diverse they give out advertising and network access
  • Audit police practices in places in this country that have an inordinate amount of white officers policing black people
END THE CRACK/COCAINE BULLshyt MEASURING SYSTEM FOR PUNISHMENT; THEY'RE THE SAME fukkING DRUG IT JUST HAPPENS WHITE PEOPLE USE ONE MORE
Barack Obama didn't need to succeed, but, HOW ABOUT TRY?
I mean he reduced the cocaine disparity from 100 to 1 to 18 to 1. We can give him that.
:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Let's be real blacks did not take advantage of alot this due to their own lack of motivation or systemic racism - the issue i have is the latter is commonly an excuse

nikka please

the stimulus was put in certain sectors that knew black people had no real stake in from jump i.e. stock market

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Did it stop the raise of the Alt-Right and White Terrorism...?

Did it stop Trump and his White supremacists from reversing the role of the federal government in such matters?

So no it doesn't count, results matter, not effort...

the goal posts seem to be moving, and I'm lumping everyone together from this anti-obama movement

one guys was talking "at least try" but he did and when we prove it then the goal posts move and because he "failed" (per your opinion) then it's he didn't do anything for blacks.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo...

Yo...

See this is why Black people fail at politics...

The rest of the world doesn't operate like this because they realized that having your private life controlled by your employer is fukking retarded...Europe doesn't have this shyt and those of us that aren't interested in being Black capitalist dictators want things that the modern world has like Universal Healthcare and government mandated vacation time...

nikkas really trying to be on some Black slave master shyt and wanna dictate the lives of Black people...
I wouldn't want your Black ass determining my insurance, vacation time and sick days just like I wouldn't want a White person...

:mjlol:
TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH EMPLOYING BLACK PEOPLE? THAT IS BLACK ECONOMICS BY DEFINITION fukkING FOOLS. THIS IS WHY BLACKS WILL ALWAYS BE DEAD fukkING LAST.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall really think income is wealth...

This is really bizarre....

Class is determined by wealth status...

There are is no Black middle class...

There are rich and wealthy Black people and then there are poor Black people....

White people have 10 times the wealth of the average Black family....

A lot of Black people have a negative networth...

If someone made a million dollars a year but they have a negative networth...are they still rich?
White families have nearly 10 times the net worth of black families. And the gap is growing.
Despite gains in income and wealth, the economic chasm between black and Hispanic families and their white counterparts widened between 2013 and 2016 — even when it comes to Americans with comparable levels of education, according to data released Wednesday by the Federal Reserve.

The median net worth of whites remains nearly 10 times the size of blacks'. Nearly 1 in 5 black families have zero or negative net worth — twice the rate of white families.

To say there is a Black middle class...is like saying there is a flat earth...it doesn't exist..
BOO fukkING HOO, cry me a river clown.

Some of us are trying to get it and put our own on. The rest of you keep writing your doomsday think pieces and listening to clowns like Antonio Moore :dead:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

What?

White families have nearly 10 times the net worth of black families. And the gap is growing.
Despite gains in income and wealth, the economic chasm between black and Hispanic families and their white counterparts widened between 2013 and 2016 — even when it comes to Americans with comparable levels of education, according to data released Wednesday by the Federal Reserve.

The median net worth of whites remains nearly 10 times the size of blacks'. Nearly 1 in 5 black families have zero or negative net worth — twice the rate of white families.
Do you have a retirement account? Do you invest in your 401k and IRA?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Yeah, let's get rid of all the black people actually trying to get some resources to the community :dead:

fukk you magical Hotep idiots.

What?

Lol...you said that you just wanna employee Black people...I mean there's a McDonalds next to every hood in the USA...

Walmart hires more Black people then any other company outchea...

Why do we need a nikka like you?

shyt Walmart got nikkas eating outchea and they got way more capital than you do...:mjgrin:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What?

Lol...you said that you just wanna employee Black people...I mean there's a McDonalds next to every hood in the USA...

Walmart hires more Black people then any other company outchea...

Why do we need a nikka like you?

shyt Walmart got nikkas eating outchea and they got way more capital than you do...:mjgrin:
So I'm wrong for wanting to provide employment :dead:

Ok, let's go back to Africa and Kemet then. Let's follow your plan. Oh wait, you hoteps don't have one.