Black Twitter Goes In On Buzzfeed Video - "27 Questions Black People Have For Black People"

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
The one question that rubbed me wrong was the" why is education a white thing?" I cant stand hearing Black folks parrot that nonsense. The same way I cant stand hearing Black folks parrot the conservative talking point of Black kids criticizing other Black kids for doing well in school and accusing them of being white. I hate that, oh I hate that. My blood boils when I hear that.
I dunno man, plenty of men on here say black women with higher Ed degrees aren't attractive

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Did they actually ask a Black person these dumb ass questions

:heh:

One of the few questions that were valid was the one about mental health.

A lot of black folk going through some things that they need to talk about and not feel like they're being judged for it.

A lot of the "thugs":huhldup: grew in high stress environments, experienced a lot of trauma, and have anger management problems due to poverty, and they grow up with that aggression that leads to shyt like violent crime or a sadness that leads to depression.

The sad thing is that I believe that a lot of the stereotypes come from undiagnosed mental health patients
:wow:

The beef I have with type of people in the buzzfeed video is that they could give a fukk less about black issues, because they're more concerned about being "not like those other blacks"
:francis:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Growing up around your own kind is a good thing so yes. Black people need to stop running to the burbs as soon as they get some change instead they should invest in their own communities. Top many blacks grow up around mostly cacs so they start to think like them

Most hood blacks aren't bucks or wenches.

Most hood blacks don't love massa like their surbuan counterparts

:aicmon: Act like these same characters don't exist in the hood brehs. I get some of what you're saying about the suburbs but as someone who's grown up in one and dealt with the backlash from both sides (cacs trying to be slick , jealous that you don't fit the "stereotype" so you're tested by them regularly when you're just trying to get ahead) ( blacks from the hood giving you the "uncle Tom, c00n, "act white" because you carry yourself with some class, thinking you don't share the same struggle even though you grew up in a different area).

Minus the big house and Manilow , this sums up my adolescence.
1504445342-carlton-keepin-it-real.jpg

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why are some black folks accuse other successful blacks of being in the Illuminati? :troll:

Why so many hoteps have no furniture in their house.....:deadmanny:..... but they can afford a camera to record and post bullsh*t on YouTube? :troll:

Why since the start of 2016 so many folks are obsessed with c00ns, bed bucks, wenches, butter biscuits and so forth? :troll:

Why is everyone rapping the same? :troll:

Sorry y'all I had to troll a bit on this one :mjlol:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
:aicmon: Act like these same characters don't exist in the hood brehs. I get some of what you're saying about the suburbs but as someone who's grown up in one and dealt with the backlash from both sides (cacs trying to be slick , jealous that you don't fit the "stereotype" so you're tested by them regularly when you're just trying to get ahead) ( blacks from the hood giving you the "uncle Tom, c00n, "act white" because you carry yourself with some class, thinking you don't share the same struggle even though you grew up in a different area).

There is different between having class & being whitewashed....

These mfs are whitewashed...

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I would guess that most people of other races don't go out actively looking for closed-door discussions we have amongst each other. However, even if they did go looking for it, they'll see that we do have these discussions, and they we can have constructive conversations about such topics.
False. There are plenty of lurking white people on the coli. Spying on us and attempting to wear our skin. I'm speaking metaphorically, but I mean what I say.

Who cares that they'll see that we have intelligent self critical discussions? I don't give a fukk what the cause of my problems thinks about my problem, the resolution to it, or the validity of a discussion about my problem. I've witnessed it on the coli. White posters lurk and post occasionally. They typically post in threads where black people are discussing black issues with one another. They dap posts that have a condescending "everybody has it hard" tone.

For you to imply white people aren't actively looking to negatively judge us is naive and dangerous. I challenge you to learn more about history. White people love writing reports about issues and resolutions to issues in the black community. Frankly I'm tired of being a spectacle. I am not an exhibit at MOMA and neither is my culture. We weren't designed to be stared at and scrutinized by the entire population of the world.

Long story short, a white person, or non black person, has no right to be in my business. They need to get their head out my window and feet off my grass or I'm going bad on them. I don't give a fukk about them at all. I really don't. If it's not black it's not my business.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Sums up my life since the age of 8 as well.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we dead the myth that education/proper English is considered a "white thing" in the black community?

When someone says you "sound white" it's because their voices may be higher or an accent they use. An example would be a punk rocker accent. It has nothing to do with how little "black" slang you use. No one has ever looked at great black orators and said they sound white. Stop it.

Even if their were people out their that believed that, why are we pretending their opinion holds any weight?
as much as i love comedy, a lot of it is perpetuated by comedians...