Black Transgender Female Beaten & Shot To Death In Philthadelphia

Daps
Trans Black Woman Attacked, Killed By Group Of Men In Pennsylvania
She is one of at least 19 transgender women to be killed in the U.S. this year.
5 hours ago | Updated 4 hours ago

A transgender woman in Pennsylvania was attacked by a group of men before being fatally shot Tuesday morning, authorities say.

561439c01600002d0003836b.png
KIESHA JENKINS
Kiesha Jenkins, 22, was shot in the back around 2:30 a.m. in the North Philadelphia, a spokeswoman for the Philadelphia Police Department confirmed.

"She was known to the LGBTQ community as a transgender individual," the spokeswoman said.

Police are treating the case as a homicide -- not a hate crime -- though that could change as the investigation continues, she added.

Jenkins was jumped by five to six men, physically assaulted, then shot in the back, police said. At least 18 other transgender women have reportedly been killed in the U.S. this year -- and at least 16 of those victims, including Jenkins, were women of color. The actual number of killings of trans individuals is likely much higher, as family members often don't report to police or media that a victim identified as transgender.

A $20,000 reward is being offered to anyone with information leading to an arrest and conviction of the men.

If you have any information, call police at 205-686-TIPS, or the homicide unit at 215-686-3334.

no such thing as a TRANSGENDER WOMAN- I see a MALE. nikkas get shyt everyday and transgenders aint marching on behalf of nikkas getn killed by police so fucc em

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Those White mobs actually used to get away with lynching Black folks, through the judicial system. These young Black men might not see the outside world again. THAT'S the difference. Either way, RIP. Very sad story.
You really think they gonna catch these dudes? I'm pretty sure I could drive to philly, murk someone and NO ONE would be looking for me. Do they even have cops in Philly?

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
RIP to the victims
prayers of comfort for her friends and family
bury the perpetrators under the damn jail
6 on 1
scum

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Someone tried to get at me from there, wanted to "settle down" I was like nah homeboy, I'm not living in no damn Philly... Even the suburbs got me fucced out. And I got family in Camden...
I only visited philly a couple of times.

First time was in 2006...I liked it...
Went there with some friends to do a Scion sponsored event in 2007...again I enjoyed it.
Went there many times between 08-10...cool city.

But y3ah...if you from Pittsburgh like me Philly is a step up...but living in New York it's a step down.

The one thing i don't like about it is how close of proximity everything is. You can be walking minding your own business in a nice area of the city...five blocks later you're in the hood.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I see what is trying to happen here :coffee:

With that being said her death is unfortunate. You have be a complete savage to jump and kill someone simply because of a life choice that is not affecting you. I am not a fan of the LGBTQ or whatever they are called community, but that is no reason to take a persons life away. I hope that she is resting in peace.

so let me get this str8.

whenever a transgender gets killed, we're supposed to assume that they were innocent and were only killed because of their choice of life?

I'm sorry to hear about someone getting killed but :facepalm:

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
so let me get this str8.

whenever a transgender gets killed, we're supposed to assume that they were innocent and were only killed because of their choice of life?

I'm sorry to hear about someone getting killed but :facepalm:

So then why was that person killed? :ld:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
no such thing as a TRANSGENDER WOMAN- I see a MALE. nikkas get shyt everyday and transgenders aint marching on behalf of nikkas getn killed by police so fucc em
From what I see black lgbts could give a flying fukk about black men getting killled by police.

Honestly that group just seems to want to be more accepted and acknowledged by white society more than anything else.

Off topic though...

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Someone tried to get at me from there, wanted to "settle down" I was like nah homeboy, I'm not living in no damn Philly... Even the suburbs got me fucced out. And I got family in Camden...

How the fukk is this **** alias not banned?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
You really think they gonna catch these dudes? I'm pretty sure I could drive to philly, murk someone and NO ONE would be looking for me. Do they even have cops in Philly?
Philly reminds me of Baltimore in that aspect.

Basically they let black folks kill each other...no cops around...letting the area become ripe for gentrification. Which Philly is becoming more and more each day...not on the rate of NYC...but the gentrification is still noticeable.

Anything to get black folks to leave and white people to come and take their place...pushing everyone out to camden or lancaster/reading.