Black Star Wars stans who want Finn to be Rey's love interest, self esteem issues?

Amirah Dyme's Husband

I LOVE IG MODELS
Daps
Reppin
IG MODELS
I'm not a fan of Star Wars so I can't really speak on that but maybe they implied that they were a thing? For instance Supergirl spent the entire first season making it clear that she and Jimmy Olsen (the current incarnation played by a black man) were destined to be together, he was even dumped by a baddie because she sensed his feelings for Supergirl. That was when they were on CBS(?) they switched to CW a network that caters to young white females and they attempt to date for a single episode, have conflicting schedules due to her being a superhero then decide to just be friends and they write in a white male to be her love interest. This isn't new with CW they did the same thing with The 100 in the books the lead female Clarke dated the black character who was stabbed to death by a little white girl within the first three episodes, she also takes up with a white male who was written in to the show before becoming a bisexual/lesbian character. In the end I don't really care it's just blatant that they're saying everything has a place and they're throwing their story out to pander to their demo.
B-b-b-but Twitter told me non black women love black men.

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I'm overthinking it :jbhmm: But Finn gets a lot of complaints for being a bumbling idiot, and not the true Black male lead that Black stans desire. In addition to that, I notice some stans prefer he be the white female's love interest as opposed to him hooking up with the Asian chick which appears to be the direction in the latest film. Why is it important that he link up with the white female lead? Not criticizing either, nothing against IR, just weird to me the obsession with him being the Black male lead who gets the girl. Folks seeking inspiration through fantasy science fiction flicks produced by Disney? :pachaha:

I think the Asian chick kissing him at the end was just meant to be a cute moment, not a whole new direction with her being a "love interest". You probably won't see this character in future movies.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
To the brehs who seen Ep. 8, is Finn still a clown or he actually got wins in the flick?
He was sadly more helpful in episode 7
In this movie, if he had done literally nothing, the resistance would have arguably been in a better spot. Although he did
murk phasma
so he had 1 moment to shine :yeshrug:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
My man said he should space PAWG :wow:

To the brehs who seen Ep. 8, is Finn still a clown or he actually got wins in the flick?
No they wasted 30 mins of our time with his useless arc.

They literally got rid of his development in TFA, and made him a coward who is running away again who needs to have his mind changed.
Apparently he is naive. He needs to be shown the war is not a black and white but grey.

Finn. The one who defected from the bad guys needs to be told the war isn't black and white.:gucci:
That's how some of them are justifying it anyways.

Finn is shyt in this film, he was actually better in TFA believe or not.

Those dudes who were saying "wait until the next film" vanished.

IMO they just should just gracefully write Finn out of the movies, its a mercy killing at this point.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was half way out when it was clear that nikka was no more than a dressed down jar jar binks.

Lweezy

Banned
Daps
It’s not about self-esteem imo. I think a lot of us thought Rey and Finn were going to be leads the way the last film’s posters were put together, with Kylo Ren being the main bad guy. Pairing him up with the Asian chick was a very overt bait and switch because she was a disctinctly basic side bytch, thus making Finn look like he can’t pull the top bytch or isn’t worthy of her while the white actors were :manny:
:laff::laff:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Exactly.

The worst part is I suspect the actor John Boyega knows this, but he's convinced himself that he is above those depictions being a 'Black Brit' with his grasp of the Queens english and tea and crumpets and what not. :sas2:

Damn you're stupid. Black brits aren't blinded by whiteness.

And the UK has a torrid history of racism as well.

Boyega is from Peckham.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I havent seen the movie yet. I thought theu would be siblings
Didn’t stop Leia and Luke having feelings. :dame:

But nah I won’t spoil for you fam. You’ll see when you watch it.

Unless you don’t care.

they're not siblings nor is Rey’s parents anyone special. :wow:

stave

Superstar
Daps
Y'all nikkas wasn't lying when y'all said the Asian chick is :flabbynsick:

:hhh: goddamn they should have used Grace Park- fukk even Chloe Bennett already getting Disney checks through Marvel and I would have been ok with it... smh I swear it would be less complaints if she actually looked like something worthwhile. They put up this just to stop the internet :flabbynsick: folks complaining about never getting roles in big budget films or something

:dead: at y'all posting the worst pictures of the girl who played Rose. From her IG, she comes across as humble and nerdy. shyt is cute to me:noah:

bytch is wack :camby:
Her character sucks and didn't need to be in the movie past her initial appearance. If they were going to force this shyt on us, see above quote.

My man said he should space PAWG :wow:

There is 1 W

Friendzone Finn and Rey only have a bond because they are both people who were discarded by their parents, but neither of them knows it until this movie.

At least him being a janitor explained why he always had no hands for both films. I didn't like it, but at least they explained why he couldn't fight for shyt. He just gets lucky.

Also, he wasn't running away from the Resistance, he was trying to sneak off to find Rey, because she was the only chance they knew they had at the time to stop the First Order from blowing then out of space. That stupid Asian chick thought he was deserting them, but he was trying to save their stupid asses. That's why he had Leia's wristband thing on.

I thought it was an ok movie, but there were some things I didn't like about it. This new trilogy may be better than Ep 1-3 by far, but 4-6 are still far better than this shyt. Disney is fukking up, but with better cg than the last trilogy.

Rogue One never happened :umad:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

Black people putting ourselves into a bubble is bullshyt.

Black dudes can only have black love interests?

Do black people get to have any depth? Do they have to be serious all the time? Will any humor make them c00ns?

Black people onscreen can't take any L's either I suppose

It's like brehs want Finn to be Shaft but in the Star Wars Universe.
:skip:

I mean face it...I doubt his character was made with the intent on making black people feel good about themselves or portraying a "True Black lead". Was the character written with a specific race or was it an open casting call?

What do yall expect from Hollywood? Dudes be a little paranoid thinking it is some big plot to damage the image of black people.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

Black people putting ourselves into a bubble is bullshyt.

Black dudes can only have black love interests?

Do black people get to have any depth? Do they have to be serious all the time? Will any humor make them c00ns?

Black people onscreen can't take any L's either I suppose

It's like brehs want Finn to be Shaft but in the Star Wars Universe.
:skip:

I mean face it...I doubt his character was made with the intent on making black people feel good about themselves or portraying a "True Black lead". Was the character written with a specific race or was it an open casting call?

What do yall expect from Hollywood? Dudes be a little paranoid thinking it is some big plot to damage the image of black people.
So it coincidence this nikka space yamacha?:usure: