Black Star: No Fear of Time /// NEW ALBUM 5.3.22

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
"Beat CDs" aren't even a thing anymore. I'm sure all the cookie cutter flavor of the month nikkas really on that method, cats serious about their craft are going to feature studio-made beats. There is no "nonsense going on", if anything what you're talking about is more 1988 than 2022.
Son u just wrong. nikkas making beats on the spot for the artist is some dope shyt and makes for great music but great albums have been done both ways. Jay Z’s Black Album was basically all beat CD’s. shyt Reasonable Doubt as well. And so was like half the songs on Illmatic. The Blueprint’s beats was initially for Ghostface. We Gone Make It by Jadakiss was originally a beat Rass Kass jumped on. 2Pac’s All Eyez On Me was like this too. And I can keep going. Ur wrong my guy.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Son u just wrong. nikkas making beats on the spot for the artist is some dope shyt and makes for great music but great albums have been done both ways. Jay Z’s Black Album was basically all beat CD’s. shyt Reasonable Doubt as well. And so was like half the songs on Illmatic. The Blueprint’s beats was initially for Ghostface. We Gone Make It by Jadakiss was originally a beat Rass Kass jumped on. 2Pac’s All Eyez On Me was like this too. And I can keep going. Ur wrong my guy.
Did I say albums were never made with beat CDs? We can surely name just as many great albums or more with producers and rappers locked in the lab actually building chemistry. And I told him this is more 1998 th now, notice the era you're citing.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Did I say albums were never made with beat CDs? We can surely name just as many great albums or more with producers and rappers locked in the lab actually building chemistry. And I told him this is more 1998 th now, notice the era you're citing.
Great albums have been made both ways. And wack albums have been made both ways. Illmatic came out in 94. Premade beats were made for that. Reasonable Doubt was made in 96. Premade beats and even songs were used for that. What I’m saying is. That really doesn’t matter much to the end product depending on the situation.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Listened to this a couple times. I'm underwhelmed. Sounds like a decent mixtape. Nothing about it is. Amazing. Not the music or the raps.
facts, we waited 24 years for a sequel album and this shyt is weak, Madlib used some throwaway beats, and i think he stole a beat from Primm the youtube hood movie reviewer

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the Final consensus?
It's dope for what it is. An album created how the artists wanted without worrying about anything.

It's enjoyable to me, not everything is meant to be classic, you ain't NEVER gonna get 99 Mos again, so might as well play this.

Does annoy me a bit that there's only a clean version but perhaps that's the aesthetic they were going for.

In my top 5 rap releases this year and its unlikely that it will leave the top 10.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
this could have been better although highlights are there, we got cypher raps recorded in a basement and not a proper album from these two imho.
bars are there but its ok :(

edit:
Black Thought verse is DOPE!!!

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
What's the Final consensus?
Don't expect it to be like the first LP. Mainly just spitting on 2+ min songs. It's cool but some songs were recorded on tour and it's evident.

Daps
this is a great album
Yasiin? aint no other mc that has his vision
Talib came through with the heat

of course madlib the goat

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
this is a great album
Yasiin? aint no other mc that has his vision
Talib came through with the heat

of course madlib the goat
Dope verses in it for sure but let’s be honest this could’ve been better. Black Thought went in!!!