Black Star: No Fear of Time /// NEW ALBUM 5.3.22

Daps
Who else used the same beat for “My Favorite Band”? Same patterns & everything!

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Couldn't post for a while because the Coli is ass, but this is a dope ass project.

It definitely needed better mixing, but I fukks with it - sounds like Ecstatic 2.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
good album. feels like a long cypher with them in the basement just passing the mic around. vocally it sounds raw like that too..thats one big difference in this album from the original...

none of the tracks on this new album feel like "songs" to me...like Brown Skin Lady, Definition, Respiration...those are songs....these new joints just feel like tracks of them spitting. its top tier rhyming but i feels like theres nothing to most of what they're saying and the impact just isnt there.

Mos is clearly too good at rapping and thats why he sounds so "bored" on the record...i still think he sounds great and is an amazing MC but clearly he's above all of this...Kweli sounds hungry as fukk..another big difference between the new and old albums is Kweli's flow/delivery...he's not "off beat" like they used to say and his bars are stepped up here....he'll never compare to Mos but you can tell he's hungrier than him here....

i dont have many true gripes other than it just sounds like a long cypher but i do kinda wish Common or Pharoahe Monch had a feature.

when i saw Madlib was doing the beats i knew it was gonna be scaled back minimalist joints and the vocals are gonna sound live and raw.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Album definitely feels a bit half-baked....like they just got a Madlib beat tape and stuck some verses over it. There's not much in the sense of real song craft or production.

If I wanted to make excuses for them you could say maybe it's an aesthetic choice and they're going for a lo-fi sound but i dunno, the whole roll out of this thing has been weird.

I still fukk with it but they might have had something special if they just put more time into the production and mixing.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
In which planet does a Madlib-produced album come out and I'm aware like 2 weeks after ???

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The album is flames. The only song I aint really vibe with was my fav band. OG,So be it,The main thing, Yonders are my
fav tracks. I wasn't expecting much but they delivered. I wanna bump it right now but unfortunately they pulled off of youtube :francis:

Last edited: