Black soccer player accused of beating up pawg girlfriend and trying to force her to have sex.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I can see that, the mixed-race women I have met from Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester etc are basically white and they will hear nothing different

Liverpool and some of Manchester are special cases innit.

If you are from the UK you know why.

Not that I agree with you mind you.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
As someone who grew up in the US and studied in the UK for some time, it was interesting to see mixed race people have a separate identity from black.

I've always associated mixed race with black, but I guess that's partly because the very archaic one-drop rule has shaped racial identity in America. Also, at the same time you can have AfrAms who look very "mixed" but have two black parents. This dates back to generations of mixing.

Identifying mixed with black also strengthened the civil rights movement. The UK had never gone through a black consciousness movement like that. So I can tell you for a fact when I was there, mixed people whether by society or personally projected a different identity from simply being "black".

The one issue with this one-drop sort of racial categorization is that if a "mixed" person ends up having a child with a white person, that child is phenotypically white. How can you still call their offspring a black child? It wouldn't make sense.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
As someone who grew up in the US and studied in the UK for some time, it was interesting to see mixed race people have a separate identity from black.

I've always associated mixed race with black, but I guess that's partly because the very archaic one-drop rule has shaped racial identity in America. Also, at the same time you can have AfrAms who look very "mixed" but have two black parents. This dates back to generations of mixing.

Identifying mixed with black also strengthened the civil rights movement. The UK had never gone through a black consciousness movement like that. So I can tell you for a fact when I was there, mixed people whether by society or personally projected a different identity from simply being "black".

The one issue with this one-drop sort of racial categorization is that if a "mixed" person ends up having a child with a white person, that child is phenotypically white. How can you still call their offspring a black child? It wouldn't make sense.

More ignorance.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Someone with sense

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Where was the ignorance?

Isn't this what people on this forum get bent out of shape over? People who don't understand the history of your country making sweeping generalisations based on their short lived and narrow experiences?

Anyway, his post is filled with ignorance. Ignorance of the history of racism in the UK, the resulting conflicts, and how society regards biracial people.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
You've done the most simplistic thing you could possibly do. Make a casually offhand statement without offering a counter argument. :unimpressed:

Internet has people like you convinced that everything deserves a rebuttal.

You are speaking from a place of ignorance. You did not grow up in the UK. You did not spend a lot of time in the UK. Your time in the UK was spent studying, which is going to give you a more limited view on society (student population).

Your position does not make you an expert on the subject, but that is how you're trying to position it.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Internet has people like you convinced that everything deserves a rebuttal.

You are speaking from a place of ignorance. You did not grow up in the UK. You did not spend a lot of time in the UK. Your time in the UK was spent studying, which is going to give you a more limited view on society (student population).

Your position does not make you an expert on the subject, but that is how you're trying to position it.
There can be people who have grown up in the same country but hold differing opinions. If you don't have enough intelligence to put together a cogent point to refute what I've said, then say that. :unimpressed:

Btw, I went everywhere from Croydon to Hackney and back and was literally chilling in estates.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't this what people on this forum get bent out of shape over? People who don't understand the history of your country making sweeping generalisations based on their short lived and narrow experiences?

Anyway, his post is filled with ignorance. Ignorance of the history of racism in the UK, the resulting conflicts, and how society regards biracial people.
Exacttttly

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There can be people who have grown up in the same country but hold differing opinions. If you don't have enough intelligence to put together a cogent point to refute what I've said, then say that. :unimpressed:

Btw, I went everywhere from Croydon to Hackney and back and was literally chilling in estates.
So you're talking on all the countries in the UK yet by your own admission then say you didn't leave M25

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"What's it like being a black footballer in Britain today? As former England captain John Terry is cleared of racially abusing a fellow professional, we ask the players who know"

"Six of Chelsea's starting 11 who won the European Champions League in May were black"
Jose Boswinga - who is actually mixed :ufdup:
Ashley Cole - who is actually mixed :ufdup:

Obi Mikel - black
Salomon Kalou - black
Bertrand - black
Drogba - black

"After England’s Euro 2020 final defeat to Italy on Sunday, three black players – Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka – were targeted with racist abuse after missing penalties during the match."

Sancho is mixed but as he is identifiable as of black extraction he got called black epithets too :ufdup:

Four arrested over online racist abuse of England footballers

Anton Ferdinand and Rio both the target of abuse but Anton got more because. Even John Terry got in on the Act.

"Video footage circulated on the internet led to accusations that Terry called Ferdinand a "fukking black c*nt." In response to the video footage, Terry claimed that he was actually asking Ferdinand, "Oi, Anton, do you think I called you a black c*nt?""

Anton Ferdinand is mixed :ufdup:

Ashley Cole called black racial epithets by Swindon's fan

Police investigate racist abuse aimed at Ashely Cole during Swindon FA Cup tie | JOE.co.uk

Ashley Cole - who is actually mixed :ufdup:

Manchester United condemn apparent racist abuse of Jesse Lingard at Derby
Incident occurred after FA Cup tie at Derby on Thursday

Jesse Lingard - who is actually mixed :ufdup:

Manchester United condemn apparent racist abuse of Jesse Lingard at Derby

etc etc

i-can-do-this-all-day-the-avengers.gif

but I wont ... :ufdup: