"'Black Pirellis rolling over this Makaveli...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Put us on breh. Post the song/verse where Reese blacks out.
If Nas dropped Illmatic today, he'd be Roc Marciano. There is no market for that type of shyt nowadays.
His last great album, was his last album. Before that, Gods Son. Before that Lost Tapes. Before that Stillmatic.
But again. Post that crazy lyrical, show of skill verse/song from Reese.
(1) If you want to know what Reese Money is about, do a couple of Youtube searches and download "Don't Like"...

(2) If you are not willing to do that on your own, then your mind is already made up, and there is nothing I can do about that...

(3) You can't compare Nas and Reese because they are doing two different types of rap music...Listening to Lil Reese is like watching an action movie that is just pure adrenalin, shoot em bang bang...There is no romantic love, rationalization and etc...This is who is, and this what he does...

Listening to Nas is like watching a coming of age movie, there is a little action here and there, "true love," rationalization for behaviour and etc...Nas did EXCELLENTLY when he was a young dude, untouched by money and expectations, and he nothing other than the desire to tell his story...

But he been ran out of juice since the last few songs on "I am..." that were dope e.g. NYSOM 2, Small World, Hate Me Now, Nas Is Like, Undying Love, We will survive...

(4) Personally, I enjoy all kinds of movies, and thus I enjoy all kinds of music...I don't listen to Lil Reese with my 2Pac, Nas, Jay Z and etc ears on...I do my best to listen to whatever artist for what they are presenting...

Right now, Lil Reese's music in more authentic than Nas'....When I listen to Lil Reese I want to join a gang and bang on the OPPS...When I tried to listen to "Life Is Good" I couldn't...I just feel like Nas did not show exactly why his life was good with the music he presented...It was a typical Nas album since Illmatic...One foot trying to be pop-hop and the other trying to be hip-hop...He has NEVER been able to play both sides well...

That's why the fan base is divided with regards to Nas...People like him for one thing or the other...Only his die hard fans think everything he is doing is dope...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is not that hard to assume what is the real story when one dude comes into a city and confronts the "ring leaders"...And the other didn't go to the other side when the heat was on...

2Pac went into the heart of New York in the height of the so called "East vs West" beef, and he looked the "ring leaders" in the eye...

I am not saying 2Pac's version is the truth, but the fact that he was actually in New York and addressing issues, makes me believe his version is probably closer to the truth than any other version...

And 2Pac didn't lie as often as some other rappers do...His story is well documented with legal trials and interviews, and witness accounts, even when the witnesses have their own interpretations, the core of the story is always the same...

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Lmao no. Havoc lived through his brothers life. Havoc was never a factor in the streets ever. They've never returned fire in their life. Them nikkas is pedestrians and rappers. They had real street nikkas like Havoc brother and Littles and Illa Ghee holding them down but the RAPPERS Mobb Deep have always been p*ssy

And lol you taking Prodigy's word for it about his little run in with Jay. Trust me on this, Jay is infinitely more connected in the streets than Mobb Deep wish they could be with way more money. If they even thought about touching son, Mobb Deep would get cleaned up within a day or two. Real shyt. The caliber of nikkas Jay knows is different level.
:rudy:You have no idea what the fuc your talking about.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
I care...
"Don't Like" and "Supa Savage" are the best two albums I have heard in the past 4 years...

Plus, there are a lot of people who think Nas is "asss cheeks"...Would Nas even make it if he was coming up in the game today...?

At this point, Nas gets by on reputation...Last good album was IWW....I am...Was a MESS...It could have been better if dude had made up his mind about going pop-hop or sticking to hip hop...Instead, he made a terribly ambiguous album...

After that, it is just FORCED hot albums/classics....
:wow:This post is so ridiculous it has to be a joke.Wow.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
(1) If you want to know what Reese Money is about, do a couple of Youtube searches and download "Don't Like"...

(2) If you are not willing to do that on your own, then your mind is already made up, and there is nothing I can do about that...

(3) You can't compare Nas and Reese because they are doing two different types of rap music...Listening to Lil Reese is like watching an action movie that is just pure adrenalin, shoot em bang bang...There is no romantic love, rationalization and etc...This is who is, and this what he does...

Listening to Nas is like watching a coming of age movie, there is a little action here and there, "true love," rationalization for behaviour and etc...Nas did EXCELLENTLY when he was a young dude, untouched by money and expectations, and he nothing other than the desire to tell his story...

But he been ran out of juice since the last few songs on "I am..." that were dope e.g. NYSOM 2, Small World, Hate Me Now, Nas Is Like, Undying Love, We will survive...

(4) Personally, I enjoy all kinds of movies, and thus I enjoy all kinds of music...I don't listen to Lil Reese with my 2Pac, Nas, Jay Z and etc ears on...I do my best to listen to whatever artist for what they are presenting...

Right now, Lil Reese's music in more authentic than Nas'....When I listen to Lil Reese I want to join a gang and bang on the OPPS...When I tried to listen to "Life Is Good" I couldn't...I just feel like Nas did not show exactly why his life was good with the music he presented...It was a typical Nas album since Illmatic...One foot trying to be pop-hop and the other trying to be hip-hop...He has NEVER been able to play both sides well...

That's why the fan base is divided with regards to Nas...People like him for one thing or the other...Only his die hard fans think everything he is doing is dope...
Breh. You had one job. Post the song/verse where Reese kills shyt. Whether it be a technically complex verse, storytelling, just some demonstration of creativity to where a hip hop fan could appreciate the kid as a talented emcee.

Are you saying that Don't Like is that song? Your post isn't clear. And wasn't that a Keef song?

Breh - go tell Disney all these :duck:about movie comparisons. I could care less about authenticity if a rapper can't spit. That's the first bar any emcee has to clear. Everything else, including authenticity, comes after that.

Are you gonna continue to ignore Stillmatic?

And other than Summer on Smash, what were the pop hop songs on LIG?

Nas discussed all of his personal issues on LIG. It was far from the typical Nas album in that regard.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
If there's anything I know it's about NY street politics little nikka. I know nikkas in damn near every camp

but keep your little fantasy of Mobb Deep being official if you want to. Lol. You nerds are hilarious.
Give us some examples of Havoc being a p*ssy.

And who are these cats associated with Jay?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Give us some examples of Havoc being a p*ssy.

And who are these cats associated with Jay?
All I'll say is talk to Illa Ghee about Havoc being p*ssy. He got herbed by nikkas in his own crew numerous times. Threatened, slapped, everything.

As far as Jay, go read on Danny Diamonds, the nikka Jay came under.
Klein and Dehaven are also Jay's crimeys that are official out in Marcy, especially Klein who is a legend. Him and Jay caught an attempt murder charge together in 89. They try to front on him now because of their falling out, but ask nikkas who know both parties. Jay was their man. He was just under them. He wasn't no big hustler in Marcy but he was connected with major heavy weight street figures. Not no rap nikkas. Most of Jay's hustling was not in Brooklyn though. Quan that used to be under Nas knew Jay before rap from all his traveling to VA and being around the hustlers out there.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
If there's anything I know it's about NY street politics little nikka. I know nikkas in damn near every camp

but keep your little fantasy of Mobb Deep being official if you want to. Lol. You nerds are hilarious.
:bryan:@nerds.You act like everything you say is gospel when most of it is duck tales and street gossip.I know nikkas that knew P all his life.So you not the only one that know people:comeon:

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Whether Mobb Deep is real or not doesn't even matter. My brother went to a Mobb concert and said they're 5'2 and have a frail ass look. Anyone can run up on them.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Whether Mobb Deep is real or not doesn't even matter. My brother went to a Mobb concert and said they're 5'2 and have a frail ass look. Anyone can run up on them.
Lol they are bro. And yeah 5'2 is being generous. Lol prodigy literally is at my chest and I'm only 6'1

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Mobb just always seemed like your regular hood dudes to me, they definitely been in some funk over the years..and Jay is far removed from that all that type of shyt but how come no-one he ever came up with is still around?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
All I'll say is talk to Illa Ghee about Havoc being p*ssy. He got herbed by nikkas in his own crew numerous times. Threatened, slapped, everything.

As far as Jay, go read on Danny Diamonds, the nikka Jay came under.
Klein and Dehaven are also Jay's crimeys that are official out in Marcy, especially Klein who is a legend. Him and Jay caught an attempt murder charge together in 89. They try to front on him now because of their falling out, but ask nikkas who know both parties. Jay was their man. He was just under them. He wasn't no big hustler in Marcy but he was connected with major heavy weight street figures. Not no rap nikkas. Most of Jay's hustling was not in Brooklyn though. Quan that used to be under Nas knew Jay before rap from all his traveling to VA and being around the hustlers out there.
Doesn't Illa Ghee have beef with them? Doesn't that taint anything he says?
Props on the info on Jay.
So you're saying the guys Jay knew were way more official than the cats Mobb knew from QB?
Sounds to me like Jay and the mobb ain't that different - although I guess you're saying Jay never got backed down or took a loss?

Edit: not that taking a loss necessarily makes you a p*ssy.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Doesn't Illa Ghee have beef with them? Doesn't that taint anything he says?
Props on the info on Jay.
So you're saying the guys Jay knew were way more official than the cats Mobb knew from QB?
Sounds to me like Jay and the mobb ain't that different - although I guess you're saying Jay never got backed down or took a loss?

Edit: not that taking a loss necessarily makes you a p*ssy.

I wouldn't say beef but nah they don't fukk with each other. But he's not the only one, a lot of dudes in QB have the same story on them. Nas always thought Prodigy was a herb. Even prodigy will tell stories of how Nas used to play him.

My point with Jay is, these dudes around Jay actually know him from the streets and did shyt with him in the streets. There's a level of respect there. Mobb Deep are only affiliated because they rap and through Killer Black being Havoc's brother. And if you look at who holds them down, Mobb Deep is mostly held down by other rap nikkas (User to be Littles, Lake, Mega at times etc) who had a presence in the streets/official nikkas no doubt, but they're still rappers. But Jay was around real shot callers in Brooklyn. Not no rap nikkas, these are all people who are legendary street figures out here . It's a different level.