"'Black Pirellis rolling over this Makaveli...

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Mobb just always seemed like your regular hood dudes to me, they definitely been in some funk over the years..and Jay is far removed from that all that type of shyt but how come no-one he ever came up with is still around?
Ty Ty, Emory, Bleek, Omeyele, Dara, Chaka, etc. I can name a bunch of people that's been with Jay for over 20-25 years and are still in his inner circle. The ones who were able to adapt with him stayed along.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas has more high quality songs. More excellent/classic albums. Nas never went on a run like PAC did in 95/96 (unless you count Lost Tapes).
you take away 1 of 2pac's gems, and he still has 2 left. you take away 1 from nas and all he has is a compilation album(lost tapes) you could make 2 or possibly even 3 lost tapes for 2pac's unreleased material.
the only thing i'll give you discography wise is that illmatic is better than any 2pac album, but after that it's not even a question. it's like someone claiming jay-z has a better discography than ice cube. it's just not believable.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
you take away 1 of 2pac's gems, and he still has 2 left. you take away 1 from nas and all he has is a compilation album(lost tapes) you could make 2 or possibly even 3 lost tapes for 2pac's unreleased material.
the only thing i'll give you discography wise is that illmatic is better than any 2pac album, but after that it's not even a question. it's like someone claiming jay-z has a better discography than ice cube. it's just not believable.
PAC has MATW through Makaveli.
Nas has Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic, Gods Son, Lost Tapes and LIG.

Pac's posthumous catalog is awful. There were completed gems there - lots of them, but they never got a true release. So they don't count.

And Jay vs Cube isn't that crazy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh. You had one job. Post the song/verse where Reese kills shyt. Whether it be a technically complex verse, storytelling, just some demonstration of creativity to where a hip hop fan could appreciate the kid as a talented emcee.
Are you saying that Don't Like is that song? Your post isn't clear. And wasn't that a Keef song?
Breh - go tell Disney all these :duck:about movie comparisons. I could care less about authenticity if a rapper can't spit. That's the first bar any emcee has to clear. Everything else, including authenticity, comes after that.
Are you gonna continue to ignore Stillmatic?
And other than Summer on Smash, what were the pop hop songs on LIG?
Nas discussed all of his personal issues on LIG. It was far from the typical Nas album in that regard.
(1) My VERY first post was a quote from "Savage"...Now, if you are too lazy and/or disinterested to look it up for yourself, then be happy with your choice...It is NOT my job to try to convince you to listen to Lil Reese...

(2) In your opinion "technical complexity" (whatever the hell that is actually suppose to mean) takes precedence over "authenticity"...I feel DIFFERENTLY...
Basically, saying one rapper is better than the next because of "complex lyrics" is like saying a street baller is better than an NBA player because the street baller can do more "complex" tricks with the ball...

(3) Creativity is a subjective concept...There is creativity in simplicity just like there is complexity...

(4) I am a hip hop fan and I appreciate the kid as a talented emcee...Why is the kid at the forefront of Drill Music...?

(5) "Don't Like" is the best Hip Hop ALBUM released since Roc Marciano dropped the Marcberg...

(6) I don't care about what a rapper has to say and how "complex" he wants to make his message, if I don't believe in the image, I don't want to listen...

(7) Yes, I will continue to ignore Stillmatic, because I heard it once in 2001 (or whenever it was released) and that was enough...

(8) I really couldn't tell you what songs were on LIG...I don't fcuks with Nas passed a few songs on "I am..."

(9) Lil Reese is also discussing his personal issues on "Don't Like"...He loves getting money, loves his gang, and loves shooting at the OPPs in traffic...That's is the life these kids are REALLY living...So, how is it NOT "personal"?

You can't just pick and just whatever criteria that suits your rapper, and try to use them as a standard for every other rapper...

We like Nas because he sounded "authentic" on Illmatic...And dude been eating of that image for the rest of his career...

Authenticity is EVERYTHING...It doesn't mean everything a rapper says has to be the truth, it just means the rapper is able to tell his story in a way that is believable...

That is a talent that cannot be coached...Anybody with a University education could write a "complex" rhyme...EASILY...If they were interested, but that is not what makes an emcee...

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
(1) My VERY first post was a quote from "Savage"...Now, if you are too lazy and/or disinterested to look it up for yourself, then be happy with your choice...It is NOT my job to try to convince you to listen to Lil Reese...

(2) In your opinion "technical complexity" (whatever the hell that is actually suppose to mean) takes precedence over "authenticity"...I feel DIFFERENTLY...
Basically, saying one rapper is better than the next because of "complex lyrics" is like saying a street baller is better than an NBA player because the street baller can do more "complex" tricks with the ball...

(3) Creativity is a subjective concept...There is creativity in simplicity just like there is complexity...

(4) I am a hip hop fan and I appreciate the kid as a talented emcee...Why is the kid at the forefront of Drill Music...?

(5) "Don't Like" is the best Hip Hop ALBUM released since Roc Marciano dropped the Marcberg...

(6) I don't care about what a rapper has to say and how "complex" he wants to make his message, if I don't believe in the image, I don't want to listen...

(7) Yes, I will continue to ignore Stillmatic, because I heard it once in 2001 (or whenever it was released) and that was enough...

(8) I really couldn't tell you what songs were on LIG...I don't fcuks with Nas passed a few songs on "I am..."

(9) Lil Reese is also discussing his personal issues on "Don't Like"...He loves getting money, loves his gang, and loves shooting at the OPPs in traffic...That's is the life these kids are REALLY living...So, how is it NOT "personal"?

You can't just pick and just whatever criteria that suits your rapper, and try to use them as a standard for every other rapper...

We like Nas because he sounded "authentic" on Illmatic...And dude been eating of that image for the rest of his career...

Authenticity is EVERYTHING...It doesn't mean everything a rapper says has to be the truth, it just means the rapper is able to tell his story in a way that is believable...

That is a talent that cannot be coached...Anybody with a University education could write a "complex" rhyme...EASILY...If they were interested, but that is not what makes an emcee...
This is just one big straw man argument. I said technical complexity as one example of what makes an emcee dope. I also said storytelling and then gave you the ultimate catch all - creativity. You then misinterpreted my entire post to say that technical complexity trumps all.

That's either intellectually dishonest or cowardly.

At this point, since you continue to fail to post a single song in defense of Reese as a rapper, my initial interest in checking him out has passed.

His being at the forefront of drill music means nothing. D4L was once at the forefront of ringtone rap.

The Marcberg huh?

You're too caught up in image. And a rapper has to be able to rap before anything else matters. There's truth in what you're saying about authenticity and it's well put, but that doesn't take precedence over the ability to rap.

The fact that Nas was authentic on Illmatic did contribute to making that album the second greatest hip hop album of all time. But another huge aspect of the albums success happened to be that he was an enormously talented emcee. The heir to Rakim's throne.

I'm really not interested in going back and forth anymore. I was really hoping you were gonna put me on to Reese. But if that ain't happening, I'm not interested in debating authenticity and Nas.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I wouldn't say beef but nah they don't fukk with each other. But he's not the only one, a lot of dudes in QB have the same story on them. Nas always thought Prodigy was a herb. Even prodigy will tell stories of how Nas used to play him.

My point with Jay is, these dudes around Jay actually know him from the streets and did shyt with him in the streets. There's a level of respect there. Mobb Deep are only affiliated because they rap and through Killer Black being Havoc's brother. And if you look at who holds them down, Mobb Deep is mostly held down by other rap nikkas (User to be Littles, Lake, Mega at times etc) who had a presence in the streets/official nikkas no doubt, but they're still rappers. But Jay was around real shot callers in Brooklyn. Not no rap nikkas, these are all people who are legendary street figures out here . It's a different level.
Dope post.

But I want to be clear I'm only asking about Havoc.

Prodigy...well...there's just too much out there on him. He's taken too many losses. But on the other hand, other than the Tru Life situation - has he ever backed down to anybody? He's gotten punched a lot - robbed. But has he ever just done nothing like he did with Tru Life? Plus didn't he talk shyt about Supreme on ROTM? Nothing ever happened due to that right?

But getting back to Hav - who slapped him around/threatened him? Give me some examples...
And since we're talking about the Mobb - what about Noyd? Was he p*ssy too?
Also - back in the 90s - I thought the INfamous Mobb were supposed to be the enforcers in their crew. Then they got punked by Tru Life... SO I guess they were p*ssy too...

And if Littles and Lake weren't official - who were the shotcallers in QB in the 90s?

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
pac clone war stans are the most delusion based nikkaz on the planet.
plus, they deflect about what got pac killed.
as real talk,..
all that research they did into conspiracy theories.
they never actually talk about the factual federal government based transcripts.
that detail why and fully explain why pac was shot in ny.

they never mention, that because an entire later 2000's pr/work was so major.
it fully de-values and exposes all the bullshyt nikkaz are on who subscribe to that thug life ideal.

the thread on the :hamster:, that fully detailed the transcripts and were downloadable by zip file.
is the major loss of the :hamster:, no longer existing.

art barr
Are you talking about this?
http://vault.fbi.gov/Tupac Shakur /Tupac Shakur Part 1 of 1/view

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Dope post.

But I want to be clear I'm only asking about Havoc.

Prodigy...well...there's just too much out there on him. He's taken too many losses. But on the other hand, other than the Tru Life situation - has he ever backed down to anybody? He's gotten punched a lot - robbed. But has he ever just done nothing like he did with Tru Life? Plus didn't he talk shyt about Supreme on ROTM? Nothing ever happened due to that right?

But getting back to Hav - who slapped him around/threatened him? Give me some examples...
And since we're talking about the Mobb - what about Noyd? Was he p*ssy too?
Also - back in the 90s - I thought the INfamous Mobb were supposed to be the enforcers in their crew. Then they got punked by Tru Life... SO I guess they were p*ssy too...

And if Littles and Lake weren't official - who were the shotcallers in QB in the 90s?

Big Noyd got beat up and hit in the head with a bottle in QB and chased out of QB the night Sherm knocked out Prodigy.

Littles and Lake are both extremely official . They real gangsters but they really cool with Havoc (specifically Lake) because of Killer Black.

Infamous Mobb aren't p*ssy they just got caught slipping.

Havoc has had people in his crew tell him they'll bury him next to his brother and all kinda shyt and just accepted it and embraced them more.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Big Noyd got beat up and hit in the head with a bottle in QB and chased out of QB the night Sherm knocked out Prodigy.

Littles and Lake are both extremely official . They real gangsters but they really cool with Havoc (specifically Lake) because of Killer Black.

Infamous Mobb aren't p*ssy they just got caught slipping.

Havoc has had people in his crew tell him they'll bury him next to his brother and all kinda shyt and just accepted it and embraced them more.
Bruh when it comes to Ny rap you know your shyt