Black People, We Need To Step Up To The Plate For Obama...

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
doesn't matter who is in office. shyt will still be fukked up.
i do not trust romney at all. that punk look slimey as all hell.

hell one of you nikkaz can be in office and it wouldnt change anything

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I'm not gonna even blame the blacks that are against obama

dude obviously needs a better PR team to explain to blacks what hes done for them

im talkin grassroots, in teh community campaigns that detail how everybody is benefitting

unfortuatnatly, due to campaign budget and blacks being such a small minority, i don't see this happening.​

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Considering the way in which he's continued many of the policies people hated Bush for, especially in regards to civil liberties, I'd rather not have unwavering loyalty in him.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
i know i've said that i want republicans to defeat obama and take the senate this november, if only because i felt that we -- black people -- need a fire lit under our collective asses, but i've since changed that stance after what i've witnessed today. after this landmark ruling by the supreme court, affirming the constitutionality of obama's groundbreaking healthcare reform, millions of white people have gone even further off the deep end than they already were.

these people have lost their fukking minds. the comments i've read and heard, along with the sheer hatred embodied by them, says that we need to support our president -- the first black man elected in this diseased nation called america. these people are not just attacking obama. they're attacking ME, YOU -- US. they are determined to turn back the clock that has seen us make small but significant gains as a people. they witness what the success of a black president means for the black community as a whole: if obama continues to preside over a recovering economy and a slowly progressing social and economic state of being in this nation, he will establish the CRAZY AND OUTLANDISH idea that white supremacy is bullshyt.

i know there are some whites out there that are on our side, though just barely, but i'm not concerned with them. black people as a whole need to come together and push towards november with the voice of a people that will not let these motherfukkers slander and malign barack obama. we need to stop the infighting, if just for this point and time, and start defending this man. what's taking place is the most critical fight of our lifetimes, ever since the civil rights era. this is our generation's civil rights battle. too often we complacently look aside and act as if things will be alright.

not now. we can't afford to let obama lose in november. if that happens, we lose.

:pacspit: OBAMA HASN'T DONE A DAMN THING FOR BLACK PEOPLE SINCE HE'S BEEN ELECTED. He supports homosexual marriage, illegal immigrants taking jobs away from black men and women, and the pro choice movement which is secretly funded by the KKK. Wake up black people and start thinking for yourselves.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
:ehh: I'll vote for Obama bc u he is the lesser of 2 evils. :ld:

He's a sucker in my eyes. He only give a fukk about the youth and Black America when it's time to get those votes!

This dude has continued many of Bushes policies that he said he was against when he ran, gave us some BS watered down new healthcare system, has increased raids on medical marijuana facilities, and continues to hire wall street dudes to run his administration.

At this point the President aint nothing but a puppet for the people who really control America.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

Hmm, this the same president that throws black people under the bus to maintain enough white voters? I'm surprised you support that type of c00nery. Especially with all that race war bullshyt you were talking. :pacspit:

examples of him throwing blacks under the bus to maintain white voters?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This issue is more complexed than what have been stated in this thread.
First, let me state that Black people need to step to the plate, but not for Obama. Never put too much hope in a politician. Obama going to do what politicians do. That means he is going to look out for is own best interest. His interest and ours might not be siynonymous. This is not a shot at Obama, but it is what it is.

What we need to do as Black people is put pressure on politicians. I don't support some of the goals of the guy movement in this country, but they do a great job in getting what they want. Why? Gay people vote in blocks for the democratic party just like Black people. So why are there issuses being heard more than ours? Its because they put massive pressure on the democrats. So do Jews, and many other groups.

At the end of the day I do think we should vote for Obama in November. Although I'm not happly with a lot of what Obama is doing, Romney would be worse on every issue. Plus he could put more right wing nuts on the courts. But what is going to happen after the election? Are you going to say "Obama won! I did my part." Or are you going put pressure on him and the democrats to address our issues. In 08 too many of us did the former and not the latter. Black people, need to vote in move than just the presidential election. Vote in local, and congressional election, and put pressure on them. If that politian don't fight for what Black people need, then vote against them in a primary election.

Issues like education, the war on drugs, the prison industrial complex, profiling, and civil liberties are not going to get address if we just vote for Obama or not vote at all.

what i'm sayin is, obama is not even the issue. he has become a symbol of BLACK PEOPLE, which is why it's imperative that we step up and defend the man. as topics here have shown, i originally did NOT support obama, finding him to be just another puppet. he may still be just another puppet, but the MAN has been transformed into a SYMBOL of black america, and the verbal battery white america is giving this man is a direct threat to BLACK AMERICA. that's my point.

the fight is no longer about who occupies the white house. they're using obama as a proxy to attack us, making it critical for us to stand beside him and collectively say, "NO!"

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
nikka, your life is no better because Obama got elected... what is gonna change about you being black in America if he loses?

blacks make up 13% of the population, it wasn't blacks coming out to vote, it was a combined effort of the new wave of voters, efforts to nix voter apathy and everyone tired of Bush fukking up for 8 years.

:snoop: pure c00n mutt speak

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
:snoop: pure c00n mutt speak

no you dumb nikka, it's called being objective and not letting hoe tendencies cloud my judgement.

the problem with you type of nikkas, is that you don't know if you want black unity or black conformity..and you view every black who doesn't think like you as less black, or even dumber " the enemy"

y'all so caught up in being black, you dont take the time to get caught up in not being stupid.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Can't speak for my fellow Republicans, but that's the only color I give a fukk about :yes:
your income isn't high enough for u to claim to be a Republican:rudy:

no you dumb nikka, it's called being objective and not letting hoe tendencies cloud my judgement.

the problem with you type of nikkas, is that you don't know if you want black unity or black conformity..and you view every black who doesn't think like you as less black, or even dumber " the enemy"

y'all so caught up in being black, you dont take the time to get caught up in not being stupid.

No you stupid dumb fake ass Tavis Smiley, you need to educate yourself in what Obama has accomplished before you make c00n self hating statements. I hate when dumb nikkas get a smidgen of education and think they are political analyst when they don't even take time to truly learn facts.:rudy:

You dumb, short, lesbian, virgin fakkit.