Black People, We Need To Step Up To The Plate For Obama...

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
image.jpg

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/images/a-rabid-racc00n-attack-sd-21480406.jpg

http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/racc00ns_womanc.jpg

http://racc00nimages.com/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot3/images/42a6b_racc00ns_4116543366_cb69d4f54e.jpg

:comeon:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but what is he doing now?? I read The Audacity of Hope and Dreams from my Father

Better question...what do you think he should be doing that he's not?

And before you answer, lay out a legitimate strategy for getting the Republican House on board. :smugfavre:

Neg Bundy

Rookie
Daps
i guess it's the "cool thing" to shyt on obama. yall do realize it takes majority votes in the house and senate to pass anything really worth a damn?

obama isn't perfect, but the republicans are straight up evil. the majority of the party hate you b/c your black. so go ahead, stay home, and lets see how much better you like it under their reign.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i guess it's the "cool thing" to shyt on obama. yall do realize it takes majority votes in the house and senate to pass anything really worth a damn?

obama isn't perfect, but the republicans are straight up evil. the majority of the party hate you b/c your black. so go ahead, stay home, and lets see how much better you like it under their reign.

preach. these armchair protesters act as if obama hasn't been constrained by the procedural rules of congress, here republican legislators can effectively hamstring him at every turn.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps

First of all, I think this is a stupid and baseless generalization blacks love to throw around. Secondly, even if it's true, I don't really care. I'm in an upper-middle class tax bracket that Obama is attacking, and in a few years (if Obama doesn't continue to push his party to enact onerous regulation on my industry) I will be among the income earners he wants to tax even more. Young people will also pay higher insurance premiums under ACA to subsidize olds. My health insurance is already too fukking high. Sorry, but money >>>>>>> race. I'm not going to vote for a man who will deplete my pockets just because his skin tone is closer to mine than his opponent's.

It might make financial sense for some black people to vote for Obama, but anyone earning an upper-middle class salary or working in financial services should not vote for this man.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps

I didn't even vote for this a$$hole the last election because I knew he's a smug liberal who looks down on people who choose to use their college education to pursue business rather than STEM and non-profit work. This man doesn't respect people who work for big business and only turns to them when he thinks he can line his campaign coffers with their donations. It shows in his policy.

Romney is a man from my industry, and that tells me he will push for policy that's more Wall Street friendly. Wall Street friendly policy = bigger bonus in my bank account.

fukk Obama :pacspit:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
i know i've said that i want republicans to defeat obama and take the senate this november, if only because i felt that we -- black people -- need a fire lit under our collective asses, but i've since changed that stance after what i've witnessed today. after this landmark ruling by the supreme court, affirming the constitutionality of obama's groundbreaking healthcare reform, millions of white people have gone even further off the deep end than they already were.

these people have lost their fukking minds. the comments i've read and heard, along with the sheer hatred embodied by them, says that we need to support our president -- the first black man elected in this diseased nation called america. these people are not just attacking obama. they're attacking ME, YOU -- US. they are determined to turn back the clock that has seen us make small but significant gains as a people. they witness what the success of a black president means for the black community as a whole: if obama continues to preside over a recovering economy and a slowly progressing social and economic state of being in this nation, he will establish the CRAZY AND OUTLANDISH idea that white supremacy is bullshyt.

i know there are some whites out there that are on our side, though just barely, but i'm not concerned with them. black people as a whole need to come together and push towards november with the voice of a people that will not let these motherfukkers slander and malign barack obama. we need to stop the infighting, if just for this point and time, and start defending this man. what's taking place is the most critical fight of our lifetimes, ever since the civil rights era. this is our generation's civil rights battle. too often we complacently look aside and act as if things will be alright.

not now. we can't afford to let obama lose in november. if that happens, we lose.
:rudy:

Hmm, this the same president that throws black people under the bus to maintain enough white voters? I'm surprised you support that type of c00nery. Especially with all that race war bullshyt you were talking. :pacspit:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6

So do liberals. They just needs votes. :russ: Or do we need to bring up the Progressive Era and the Eugenics Movement? :childplease: with that "liberals are our savior" bullshyt

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This issue is more complexed than what have been stated in this thread.
First, let me state that Black people need to step to the plate, but not for Obama. Never put too much hope in a politician. Obama going to do what politicians do. That means he is going to look out for is own best interest. His interest and ours might not be siynonymous. This is not a shot at Obama, but it is what it is.

What we need to do as Black people is put pressure on politicians. I don't support some of the goals of the guy movement in this country, but they do a great job in getting what they want. Why? Gay people vote in blocks for the democratic party just like Black people. So why are there issuses being heard more than ours? Its because they put massive pressure on the democrats. So do Jews, and many other groups.

At the end of the day I do think we should vote for Obama in November. Although I'm not happly with a lot of what Obama is doing, Romney would be worse on every issue. Plus he could put more right wing nuts on the courts. But what is going to happen after the election? Are you going to say "Obama won! I did my part." Or are you going put pressure on him and the democrats to address our issues. In 08 too many of us did the former and not the latter. Black people, need to vote in move than just the presidential election. Vote in local, and congressional election, and put pressure on them. If that politian don't fight for what Black people need, then vote against them in a primary election.

Issues like education, the war on drugs, the prison industrial complex, profiling, and civil liberties are not going to get address if we just vote for Obama or not vote at all.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Nope, your old opinion still stands.

Alot of the GOP dislikes Romney, but most of them are willing to vote Republican for the sake of defeating the black man and getting their white privilege back.

Romney is a elitist, a slicker version of a racist. He's not the type to call you the N Word or cross the street if he sees you walking his way. He's the HR Manager who will throw out your resume, the Realtor who will tear down your neighborhood, and leave you REALLY hurting.

Only if Obama is humiliated in November and Romney turns the clock back 50 years will blacks feel the need to stand up. I'd rather see our race take the action needed rather than live in denial like we have been.
they already have their white privilege back, they never lost it in the first place, are you implying we on even ground with whites because he is in office is insane.

Daps

obama isn't perfect, but the republicans are straight up evil. the majority of the party hate you b/c youre not rich. so go ahead, stay home, and lets see how much better you like it under their reign.

Fixed Republicans were on the verge of making Cain their presidential candidate, they dot give a fukk about race. The only color they give a fukk about is green.