Black people don't think it's possible to build a self sufficient nationwide Black community

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
oh boy not this thread again:snoop: how about just seek education and skills, use them to bring in an income, save and invest, build solid families, past down wealth to our kids and look out and get involved in our local communities by investing in them, volunteering etc like other successful groups. we seem to make shyt harder than it have to be.

Word....

nikkas bringing back up shyt from the 60s and trying to try that shyt...in 2016...

How do your protect your home from a fukking airplane dropping bombs?

Which is why when nikkas bring up all this old school nationalistic shyt...I laugh...

We don't have the interest as a population to do...

We don't have a centralized institution...

We don't have the money...

And most importantly..we don't have a military force that can't even fukk with an FBI Swat team

Yet...we got dudes talking about separating from White people and building national wide communities and shyt...and all it would take for White people and their gov't to shut that shyt down is roll them urban tanks through that shyt....with guns waving

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And what exactly is "self-sufficient?"
Are we talking Black control in every sector of the economic, social and political everyday life?
That can be achieved. Maybe not full control, but a chunk of every sector could be under Black control.
You have to push for achievement though, and it would have to be cultural. I don't know how achievable that is at this time, but it could be in the future.

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
I can't even get Black people to talk about what it would take to get on our feet as a whole.

That's true on here, but what really hit me: I had a shouting match with my boy IRL yesterday. He was yelling "it's not possible" again and again.

We LOOOOVE talking about our ancestors being royalty and g-ds. Who ruled over who. Who built what ancient monument.

Nothing about what we can do today and tomorrow. Seems like most don't even consider it an option to feed ourselves and build our own schools.

We have no power so of course we have no voice.

What "they" do and are gonna do isn't half as important as what we are gonna do.

To become a prosperous self sufficient Black Community we would have to start thinking like immigrants. That means God first, Traditional Black Family second, Black Dollars 3rd. Hon. Elijah Muhamed had the blueprint but his personal transgressions and fall out with Malcolm ruined everything :to:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
And what exactly is "self-sufficient?"
Are we talking Black control in every sector of the economic, social and political everyday life?
That can be achieved. Maybe not full control, but a chunk of every sector could be under Black control.
You have to push for achievement though, and it would have to be cultural. I don't know how achievable that is at this time, but it could be in the future.

Basically producing something that we can slang to the rest of the world.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Here is the deal. First, don't wait on some great leader or organization to get us moving. These things are mostly past since the pressures of Jim Crow, etc. are no longer there to force a national goal and organization. It pains to me say this but I don't think forming another national Black organization begging the Feds and White folks for money will solve much.

Second, what we need to do is find the best practices around Black communities and set up a framework to make them spread.

E.g. Detroit's urban community gardens
could this help improve nutrition and the food desert problems in our neighborhoods?

Also, where are the poor Black areas with relatively low crime rates (yes, they do exist). What do they do to keep crime low?

As far as business, we have a golden opportunity for entrepreneurship if they can get training and funding: ex-cons. They usually can't get a job so starting a business would be a great avenue if they had access to capital. Drug dealers are some of the biggest risk takers/entrepreneurs in our communities. They misdirect their talents but we just need to channel their energy, no reinvent the wheel.

Only thing is I am not sure how to do this in an organized fashion.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's rap.

What's the first thing we need to do?

First thing is to prove we love black people around here, and know when to cut out all of the divisive bullshyt.

With that we raise money,and give back to the community,that can be a wide range of things as simple as buying groceries to pass out,buying clothes,books, toys,shoes, for kids in need...small things that effect peoples lives.

I know thats not the wealth building blueprint thecoli likes to talk about...but black people being the emotional people we are,theres something to be said for winning the hearts of the people,then you can win our minds.....so look at it as an investment that will get you a good return if done right,and we impact enough people,and the right people.

People would actually see the good we are doing and when that happens more people want to parricipate and join in....and then from there you get more money and more participation you really need to make bigger change....its a combo,of giving back,promotion of thecoli which then brings in more people.
Im thinking long term,and thecoli starting a movement of sorts....just look what started from nikkas deciding to make the first step and leave sohh,look at what the coli has become:blessed:.

And my ideas are relatively cheap if we joined money collectivley,but also a good dead+good promo that show we are about action collectivley,which not many organizations are able to show.

Not as potwntially lucrative out the gate, as most of thecoli wants to hear,but great black movements start out of love for black people,not the love of money...gotta win the hearts of the people first:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Atlanta is fine.
We need to stop mythologising the Black Wall Street, it was a Black hub of wealth that was controlled by a very small group of Black people.

Plus its not like their aren't affluent Black Communities in America NOW. all that but but we'll get bombed shyt is a trash excuse this is 2016

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basically producing something that we can slang to the rest of the world.
Should have been achieved easily decades ago.
Especially for Black people here in the US.
And while I'm certainly aware of the oppression of Black people in the West, it is in no way stifling enough to prevent grasp on various profitable industries.
Especially in regard to trade relationships with some raw-material producing Central African countries, "fair trade" is something we should have been pushing for, most notably in the tech sector.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Here is the deal. First, don't wait on some great leader or organization to get us moving. These things are mostly past since the pressures of Jim Crow, etc. are no longer there to force a national goal and organization. It pains to me say this but I don't think forming another national Black organization begging the Feds and White folks for money will solve much.

Second, what we need to do is find the best practices around Black communities and set up a framework to make them spread.

E.g. Detroit's urban community gardens
could this help improve nutrition and the food desert problems in our neighborhoods?

Also, where are the poor Black areas with relatively low crime rates (yes, they do exist). What do they do to keep crime low?

As far as business, we have a golden opportunity for entrepreneurship if they can get training and funding: ex-cons. They usually can't get a job so starting a business would be a great avenue if they had access to capital. Drug dealers are some of the biggest risk takers/entrepreneurs in our communities. They misdirect their talents but we just need to channel their energy, no reinvent the wheel.

Only thing is I am not sure how to do this in an organized fashion.

I am stuck on the food thing so I like the gardens alot.