Black people, do we need sunscreen?

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Looking at some of these older posts the coli was on some :picard:

I don’t use sunscreen consistently, but when I’m in the islands I wear that shyt. The sun just hits different. Also a lot of people in tropical locations may not wear it, but they also don’t play with the sun either. They’ll be posted under trees and shyt. Use hats, etc, etc to protect themselves.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
No, I never use it. But if I stay inside too much leading up to the super sunny days, I notice the sun feels more intense.

I've never seen older Black people wear it and the ones that advocate for it are usually pale and half cacs.

Daps
I got burned on my shoulders and back when I was 17. It turned black, then a layer of dead skin, then it peeled for several days. I’ve worn sunscreen ever since. And my mom is light skinned, and has brown marks all over her back from being in the sun for so many years.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Yes.

Especially If you suffer from Hyperpigmentation, it can make its appearance worse.

Although i dont use it.
I use it now.

Not sure when I started but been a few years on my sunscreen game, and now it’s second nature to me.

Admittedly not diligent in reapplication but don’t leave the house without applying in mornings at least.

Don’t really bother with it elsewhere though

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I use sunscreen and I’m black… my shoulder/back will burn if I got my shirt off

I use sunscreen on my face so I don’t look old.:manny::blessed::yeshrug::blessed:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
In this thread if you are not black then your opinions based on your experiences don't matter.
If you are a mulatto then STFU.
If both of your parents are mulattos then STFU.
If you have anywhere close to 40% cac genes, then STFU.
If you are an outright cac then don't even fukking dare.
Black people don't need any fukking sunscreen. You rather need to soak up as much as possible but of course with common sense you should drink enough water everytime and know when to take a break under some shade.
250,000 years and still counting. I've been to Afro Colombia and 6 countries on the Continent: I've never seen anyone put on sunscreen BUT I do agree on being a little more mindful of daily UV strength. If I know I'll be working in the sun, I will wearing long sleeves, a hat and a baklava.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
I wonder how the Tanzmanians managed to live there without any problems :mjpls:

tumblr_mj0sqfXYEn1s5pjs6o1_540.jpg
In all their glory. :wow: