Black People Are Too Obsessed With Brands

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The richest muthafukkas in the room be the ones rocking basic, no-logo shyt. Granted some of the shyt might be expensive it doesnt scream HEY LOOK AT ME IM WEARING A $200 VERSACE SHIRT. shyt I know a guy that drives a Bentley that just throws on a $35 Polo t-shirt on most occasions. I think once you reach a certain level of success that need to express yourself through brand names diminishes. Those who are successful mainly express themselves through cars, watches, property, etc. shyt that actually reveals social status. My nikkas, stressing your bank account to buy a designer belt or Versace shirt isnt the move. It screams new wanna be money. It screams insecurity. You can be the flyest muthafukka in the room with no brand names. thats all. end rant.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Everyone is obsessed with brands to some degree. I'll buy something from a reputable brand in terms of quality but I won't buy from a certain bran for the sake of showing off. In fact, I think that some of the highest quality brand-name stuff I own are things that I bought for a great deal on eBay and don't show any kind of labels at all.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
white ppl do the same shyt

who do you think the designer shyt is marketed to?

its def not hood nikkas

some people are just into fashion

every person has a niche

i do spend more than i should on clothes

my closet is wild. but its what i enjoy

designer shyt is poppin to me

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think the point T/S is trying to make is that black people tend buy brand name shyt when they clearly cant afford it....having 20 pairs of Js and living in the projects or a versace belt and your phone is cut off is not a good look...

also i know that some whites do this too...but i see this everyday with black people...its sad...