Black Panther’s Wakanda is inspiring Afro Brazilians

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
My Portuguese isn't great at all but the way they described themselves to me initially, seemed very colour based like light brown, dark brown etc. Its only when I talked about my heritage, that's when they opened up about slavery and yoruba culture etc.

I know I shouldnt generalise but that is the vibe I got. You may have met people who had more pride.

camron.gif

So, you're making sweeping generalizations based on convos with people and you couldn't even speak their language properly? You didn't go to Bahia and you know it, I mean why would you say "Bahia" like that and not an actual city in it like Salvador, cause you probably googled it and didn't realize it's just a state :mjlol:

And, the description you gave sounds like you watched that PBS shyt, where some of them self identified as colors :stopitslime: Olodum been making music about being black & self empowering black people in Bahia for nearly 40 years, but you supposedly went to their city, in the blackest state in Brazil and came away talking about they don't know they're black? Please :camby:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Black Brazilians for me are a lost cause.
This is a prime example of how cacs got us disliking each other. We don't even know each other to not like one another and this goes for all black groups. White supremacy continues to divide us. Cacs not divided and yet we are. shyt was systematically done on purpose and y'all fall for it hook line and sinker.

Okocha

All Star
Daps
camron.gif

So, you're making sweeping generalizations based on convos with people and you couldn't even speak their language properly? You didn't go to Bahia and you know it, I mean why would you say "Bahia" like that and not an actual city in it like Salvador, cause you probably googled it and didn't realize it's just a state :mjlol:

And, the description you gave sounds like you watched that PBS shyt, where some of them self identified as colors :stopitslime: Olodum been making music about being black & self empowering black people in Bahia for nearly 40 years, but you supposedly went to their city, in the blackest state in Brazil and came away talking about they don't know they're black? Please :camby:

I just said I generalised them thanks for repeating what I said.
For me the jury still out on afro Brazilians based on their political agenda or lack of it.
Again I dont think they're c00ns or whatever. Im just basing it on their politics and they seem very behind in terms of their population size that's it and their history.

I think what I'm arguing about is completely different to your point. I don't really consider them an ally because they haven't done that, I dont know what they can bring to the table.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I just said I generalised them thanks for repeating what I said.
For me the jury still out on afro Brazilians based on their political agenda or lack of it.
Again I dont think they're c00ns or whatever. Im just basing it on their politics and they seem very behind in terms of their population size that's it and their history.

I think what I'm arguing about is completely different to your point. I don't really consider them an ally because they haven't done that, I dont know what they can bring to the table.

:duck:

Okocha

All Star
Daps
This is a prime example of how cacs got us disliking each other. We don't even know each other to not like one another and this goes for all black groups. White supremacy continues to divide us. Cacs not divided and yet we are. shyt was systematically done on purpose and y'all fall for it hook line and sinker.

I don't dislike or hate Brazilians, I'm just basing on their political agenda which as far as I'm concerned is very recent. I wouldn't know what they would bring to the table.

I don't think they're c00ns or white washed

bruistoff

Pro
Daps
LMAO bruh I haven't seen this video in a minute. All of them suck except for Thaysa though

breh the things I would do to Thaysa :demonic:

Bruh. Tell me why while I’m watching this video I’m like :mjgrin: every time she look back.

I got to travel especially to Brazil :ohlawd: I don’t know why I’m procrastinating so much.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I don't dislike or hate Brazilians, I'm just basing on their political agenda which as far as I'm concerned is very recent. I wouldn't know what they would bring to the table.

I don't think they're c00ns or white washed
Afro Brazilians are the most oppressed people in South America. Police slaughter blacks on the daily. Its really fukked up brehs. The dude who was the authority in Brazil sold his country out to a group of white men who run everything and its gotten worse since then. I read international news that's how I know this shyt. The media is a fake ass tool used by white supremacy for propaganda. Only watch your local news to know what's going on in your area. That's where it should stop.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
@Afrodroid @Malta @Cynic @horse. kills @4fossa

Coli ignorance aside, #confessiontime, sometimes I pray Tais Araújo and Lázaro Ramos never split up. :sadcam: I was sure she was a bedwench since Chica da Silva, and I was sure foguinho was the pinacle of c00nery off of cobras e lagartos. But seeing them join forces in real life and stand for their blackness as a power couple...shyt damn near brought a tear to my eye. :mjcry: Y'alls country tries it's damn hardest to erase blackness, but there are still fighters over there. Word to Sêu Jorge too. :wow:

This thread was a dope look for afro-brazilians. Not for the replies, but for the story itself. :wow:

Edit: Also, where has the homie @4fossa been at? Been a minute since I've seen him post.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Afro Brazilians have never believed they weren't black. Brazil makes it very clear to them they are black with the obvious racism....you must be thinking of Dominicans or the 'Pardo' population who try to play both sides of the field depending on which is most convenient at the time.

No way will you ever say a black Brazilian doesn't think they are black if you've been to Brazil, it's just not possible. A lot of Afro Brazilians stick together, it's that 'Pardo' crew who be acting kind of funny...:mjpls:

Black brazilians have recently pushed for Affirmative Action and won...it's the Pardo who now trying to take advantage and so the government had to step in and stop them.
Where can I read more on this?

Big Brown Areola

Young Soul
Daps
@Afrodroid @Malta @Cynic @horse. kills @4fossa

Coli ignorance aside, #confessiontime, sometimes I pray Tais Araújo and Lázaro Ramos never split up. :sadcam: I was sure she was a bedwench since Chica da Silva, and I was sure foguinho was the pinacle of c00nery off of cobras e lagartos. But seeing them join forces in real life and stand for their blackness as a power couple...shyt damn near brought a tear to my eye. :mjcry: Y'alls country tries it's damn hardest to erase blackness, but there are still fighters over there. Word to Sêu Jorge too. :wow:

This thread was a dope look for afro-brazilians. Not for the replies, but for the story itself. :wow:

Edit: Also, where has the homie @4fossa been at? Been a minute since I've seen him post.
:mjlol:

Seu Jorge is a known c00n.

sjorge.jpg