Daps
Reppin
Michael b Jordan proved himself as an actor as Killmonger

He owned that role

I didn’t care for Angela Bassett as his mother

Zak Bible

Banned
Daps
since they are numerous threads on this. Even a thread comparing the soundtrack to a Drake album .@LordCashmere you my manz but no...just no....., i'd thought i'd make a thread. Yeah we have a film section but this section gets more attention. And have had more threads pertaining to said subject.

If you like something about this movie getit outcha system OR
if you dislike something or felt something was off getit outcha system.

I’m still gonna support the movie, but...

I dislike the attempt to Africanize blacks in America, most of us were here BEFORE cacs

The slave trade is largely a myth. Crackers did NOT have the power to move that many damn people across the gigantic ass ocean, I’m just not buying it, they fukkin lie about everything

We were already here.

North American blacks are totally different from our brothers overseas, that’s not our culture or identity

So basically it’s another attempt to reinforce that we aren’t really Americans and we were plucked out of the jungle by cave monkeys

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Killmonger was a good villain but had some forced moments and Michael B. Jordan wasn't perfect in his characterization. I found Killmongers last line a little cringeworthy and contrived, just didn't seem real organic for the character. Could have said the same thing in a much more realistic way. The earlier Killmonger scenes from the museum were a mix of bad acting/writing.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I’m still gonna support the movie, but...

I dislike the attempt to Africanize blacks in America, most of us were here BEFORE cacs

The slave trade is largely a myth. Crackers did NOT have the power to move that many damn people across the gigantic ass ocean, I’m just not buying it, they fukkin lie about everything

We were already here.

North American blacks are totally different from our brothers overseas, that’s not our culture or identity

So basically it’s another attempt to reinforce that we aren’t really Americans and we were plucked out of the jungle by cave monkeys

:mjgrin::jbhmm: could you clarify on your bolded statements....

"I dislike the attempt to Africanize blacks in America"

:dame: Africanize? Black people are from Africa. We traveled yes, but our homeland is chronologically/culturally African yes?

"The slave trade is largely a myth"
:dame: Granting respect to your assertion, you would still agree that Africans traveled by water vessel to the New World yes?......from Africa.

"North American blacks are totally different from our brothers overseas, that’s not our culture or identity"
:dame: North American blacks are not culturally linked to Anglo/Western cultural influence more so than Aztec/Native American/Mayan cultures?.....which coincidentally are closer to African culture? Identify yourself.

I'm not disputing your claims, but....its potentially harmful and I would like see the upside pending this things being true.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Some of my students say it wasn’t all that.

Zak Bible

Banned
Daps
:mjgrin::jbhmm: could you clarify on your bolded statements....

"I dislike the attempt to Africanize blacks in America"

:dame: Africanize? Black people are from Africa. We traveled yes, but our homeland is chronologically/culturally African yes?

"The slave trade is largely a myth"
:dame: Granting respect to your assertion, you would still agree that Africans traveled by water vessel to the New World yes?......from Africa.

"North American blacks are totally different from our brothers overseas, that’s not our culture or identity"
:dame: North American blacks are not culturally linked to Anglo/Western cultural influence more so than Aztec/Native American/Mayan cultures?.....which coincidentally are closer to African culture? Identify yourself.

I'm not disputing your claims, but....its potentially harmful and I would like see the upside pending this things being true.

I’m saying blacks are indigenous to all lands.

They should show wakanda here.
The Jew puts nothing out for our benefit.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I’m saying blacks are indigenous to all lands.

They should show wakanda here.
The Jew puts nothing out for our benefit.

Ah I see. There are issues with that.

1. Black people in the Americas are not homogeneous "Wakanda is." The geographical advantage and isolation is lost here as we share this land "regardless of who was here first."
2. I separate the beautifully inspired idea of Afro-futurism that the movie interpreted, from the reality of a complete Wakanda. This is how a fictional story can escape its confines of imagination and manifest in the minds of the people inspired by it.

I am currently working on an AfroFuturists think piece that does this.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yall overhyped the shyt way too much. its a good movie, thats it. people acting its one of the GOATs, it most certainly isn't. its not even the best the marvel movie.
Its over hyped and for anyone going to see now I can't see how it could live up to the hype.

It's a REALLY good movie, its the best story driven marvel movie and its an amazing black experience as there isn't anything like it on the big screen and hasn't been. The movie has layers to it, but my favorite marvel movies are still winter solider and civil war mainly because they captured the essence of the characters almost 100 percent spot on... as well as all parts being strong.

Black panther is probably my 3rd or 4th marvel movie, and that's because I'm partly an action junkie.

its top 5 for sure, and as for as being a better story, narrative, and over all movie it's probably better than all the marvel movies. But being a black man I have a strong bias. Objectively yes its probably the best marvel movie from a depth and story telling perspective as well as revolutionary.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its over hyped and for anyone going to see now I can't see how it could live up to the hype.

It's a REALLY good movie, its the best story driven marvel movie and its an amazing black experience as there isn't anything like it on the big screen and hasn't been. The movie has layers to it, but my favorite marvel movies are still winter solider and civil war mainly because they captured the essence of the characters almost 100 percent spot on... as well as all parts being strong.

Black panther is probably my 3rd or 4th marvel movie, and that's because I'm partly an action junkie.

its top 5 for sure, and as for as being a better story, narrative, and over all movie it's probably better than all the marvel movies. But being a black man I have a strong bias. Objectively yes its probably the best marvel movie from a depth and story telling perspective as well as revolutionary.

its definitely your bias saying its better than all the other marvel movies overall. if the characters were asian and wakanda was in japan, i doubt you would hold the movie in such high regard.

logan, DOFP, first class, and civil war are better movies, of course they don't have to potential social impact of BP, but im talking just as movies. don't get me wrong i enjoyed it, but there are plenty of flaws here. i really wish they would stop making these movies PG-13. i understand that comics generally appeal to kids but i feel like it takes away a lot from these movies the way they soften them up so much, and throw in some of the cheesy dialogue. there was some bad CGI in this movie also. the action wasn't up to par with those other movies IMO. i didnt care for the ending large battle scene or the one on one.

OaklandCertified

Town Business
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I was watching the after credit ending and they showed the White Wolf character. I looked into his background and now I'm smfh.

You mean to tell Me these Wakandans, accepted, adopted and Raised an outsider cac. But abandoned a child Killmonger in America because he was lost? :mindblown:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I was watching the after credit ending and they showed the White Wolf character. I looked into his background and now I'm smfh.

You mean to tell Me these Wakandans, accepted, adopted and Raised an outsider cac. But abandoned a child Killmonger in America because he was lost? :mindblown:
That was T'chaka decision at the time. I'm sure t'challa changed his mind.