Daps
Its dope

Plus shows that the highest degree of culture in the universe is black culture​

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
when i saw the elder male wit the lip plate i knew it some bullshyt...

cuz thats something that was forced on african women to make em unattractive to arab invaders...

so they wouldnt be kidnapped as sex slaves... now they got us believing its something to be proud of...

let cacs tell yo history brehs...
I been peep that. Who came up with the idea

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
This is arguable,melanated women and men have had lip plates in africa and south america. We have to be careful with stating woke theories like these as facts as well,it goes right in with sagging came from prison fags theory:mjlol:? a horrible attempt to scare nikkas into pulling our pants up.

The lip plate is still done today by women and men,and is seen as a sign of beauty and right of passage,So i assume they would know better than we do and know their own cultural history. If it was to stop invaders,the men wouldn't be doing it,and men aint disfiguring their own women for 1000's of years continuously because they think invaders MIGHT show up.

I have to call this one a myth,at least in regards to saying all tribes do it for that reason. The property is in good hands with Coogler who is responsible.
Not what i read

Proof?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Can y'all let Black people enjoy anything god damn.

We out here dying and broke--allow people to have some refuge from the shyt.

If a Black Panther display picture makes someone feel pride in their race then so be it.

Doesn't affect me in any way.
This.

nikkas love to complain.

Why is the OP wasting time bytching instead of creating the black-owned Marvel?

Black Panther could spark the mind of a child who grows up to create something even bigger and black owned.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Not what i read

Proof?

"In Africa, a lower lip plate is usually combined with the excision of the two lower front teeth, sometimes all four. Among the Sara people and Lobi of Chad, a plate is also inserted into the upper lip. Other tribes, such as the Makonde of Tanzania and Mozambique, used to wear a plate in the upper lip only. Many older sources reported that the plate's size was a sign of social or economical importance in some tribes. But, because of natural mechanical attributes of human skin, the plate's size may often depend on the stage of stretching of the lip and the wishes of the wearer.

Among the Surma (own name Suri) and Mursi people of the lower Omo River valley in Ethiopia,[2] about 6 to 12 months before marriage, a young woman has her lip pierced by her mother or one of her kinswomen, usually at around the age of 15 to 18. The initial piercing is done as an incision of the lower lip of 1 to 2 cm length, and a simple wooden peg is inserted. After the wound has healed, which usually takes between two and three weeks, the peg is replaced with a slightly bigger one. At a diameter of about 4 cm, the first lip plate made of clay is inserted. Every woman crafts her own plate and takes pride in including some ornamentation. The final diameter ranges from about 8 cm to over 20 cm.[3]

In 1990 Beckwith and Carter claimed that for Mursi and Surma women, the size of their lip plate indicates the number of cattle paid as the bride price.[4] Whereas anthropologist Turton, who studied the Mursi for 30 years, denies this.[5] Shauna LaTosky, building from field research among the Mursi in 2004, discusses in detail why most Mursi women use lip plates and describes the value of the ornamentation within a discourse of female strength and self-esteem.[clarification needed][6]"

Put it this way,theres easier ways to disfigure your women. The different sizes of the lip plates tells us theres probably a significance for that. Saying they did it to disfigure their women is somewhat offensive and downplaying what I'm sure is cultural significance. I don't understand it,but without hearing it straight from the horses mouth I think its better to not assume. But the disfigurment theory makes less sense to me.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
SHoutout to Disney. Boy they know comic nerds and sucker ass nukkas gon eat this shyt up. And even black folks who dont give a fux about comics will line up for this too because it features black "heroes" and its being released in Black History Month. It'll be great to line the pockets of racist ass Disney Corporation which is all we'll really be doing.
People are hilarious with the false sense of empowerment they are attaching to this film manufactured and delivered by our masters. SMH. The invisible plantation is real...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I get your point. But again we always fall into the trap of "Not far enough.." shyt is baby steps.

This film, with this budget, with this amount of promo had to have shyt like Meteor Man and shyt come before it. Its a progression.

And it IS something to get excited about because how often do you see gully ass brothers and sisters on the screen going in like this....imagine all the little white kids who are gonna wanna dress up like Black Panther for Halloween next year :laff:...not say that's important but when black faces are lauded as heroes it helps to see us in a different light...

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I hear what you're saying...

But when 95% of other comic heroes are white and the black ones are all "grew up in the hood stealing to get by until super powers changed his life", it's really REALLY nice to have one hero who looks like us who defines excellence.
fukk you for making me agree and dap you of all people :wow: