Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Coates the most legit and defined?

Glass houses bro

Coates is defining this run, breh.

Coates sold/is selling the most BP comics out of any writer.

He's also writing at the same time BP is getting the biggest push and most exposure ever, right alongside a blockbuster movie rollout.

This is unreached historical precedence.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Coates is defining this run, breh.

Coates sold the most BP comics out of any writer.

He's also writing at the same time BP is getting the biggest push and most exposure ever, right alongside a blockbuster movie rollout.

This is historical fact.

You've stated things that has nothing to do with the content of his trash run. And his issues are selling when a new movie on the horizon? And not even well considering the drop off from earlier books? Come on

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Dwayne McDuffie's creativity is/was controlled by cacs and neglected by cacs.
You are grasping for straws. All I said was McDuffie’s creations aren’t being praised as much as BP and Static should’ve got his own movie by now. YOU trying to make it as seem that I am “championing” by merely me mentioning that it’s not being deservingly pushed by DC/Warner Bros.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
when i saw the elder male wit the lip plate i knew it some bullshyt...

cuz thats something that was forced on african women to make em unattractive to arab invaders...

so they wouldnt be kidnapped as sex slaves... now they got us believing its something to be proud of...

let cacs tell yo history brehs...

This is arguable,melanated women and men have had lip plates in africa and south america. We have to be careful with stating woke theories like these as facts as well,it goes right in with sagging came from prison fags theory:mjlol:? a horrible attempt to scare nikkas into pulling our pants up.

The lip plate is still done today by women and men,and is seen as a sign of beauty and right of passage,So i assume they would know better than we do and know their own cultural history. If it was to stop invaders,the men wouldn't be doing it,and men aint disfiguring their own women for 1000's of years continuously because they think invaders MIGHT show up.

I have to call this one a myth,at least in regards to saying all tribes do it for that reason. The property is in good hands with Coogler who is responsible.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
all of you need to stop talking about shyt that you have no knowledge of. billy grahman had a lot to do with black panther in jungle action and black panther in his own book. two nobody believe jack kirby created black panther. all he did was put his name in the book. jack kirby spent time in africia for a year while in the service. he took the idea from one of the natives

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Released by DC.... right?

Is DC a black-owned company?

You see how stupid you are?
You’re the stupid fukk whose negating the entire post to focus on what you want to focus to push your feeble arguement. Putting words in people mouths like a fukking woman. Now quote part of that.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I hear ya breh.. but honestly that's weak. fukk image and symbolism.. don't knock real brehs who want tangible gains and not more of the same.

This movie will give black actors probably the biggest pay days of their careers. The movie is a nice symbolic gesture and something nice to see,just like the change of avatars.
Are we going to make tangible gains with people focusing time on trivial bullshyt like this? Stupid debates like this is one of the biggest and most divisive problems among black people smh.

Hate to be any more divisive,but Static SHock was a wack ass cartoon.

if OP is simply reminding people not to think that black folks have made it,thats okay I guess. But black people should be allowed to enjoy it just like we enjoyed seeing a black president,while realizing work still needs to be done.

Probably won't be though since we are so comfortable under the toe of white supremacy:francis:

If there is anybody you would want to owe a ransom too,it would be black people. We make a demand,they say "What do you want!",and our reply is "How much can you spare:lupe:?"

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Can y'all let Black people enjoy anything god damn.

We out here dying and broke--allow people to have some refuge from the shyt.

If a Black Panther display picture makes someone feel pride in their race then so be it.

Doesn't affect me in any way.

Miserable nikka brigade can't seem to be content unless they're scolding others for being happy about anything.

Living breathing contradictions :Ugh5150:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
I agree. It's fine if people are excited to see Black heroes on the screen, but some people that I've seen on social media are acting like this is some Black landmark. The millions of dollars that this movie will make is going to Disney. I'll get excited when a Black-owned company puts out a superhero movie.

you think black people would support it

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The irony of you champing Milestone when they were OWNED by DC (aka CACS) and subsequently never given a fukk about. :russ:

Milestone was the abused and forgotten stepson.

DC CACS let Milestone die. They never gave a shyt about it characters and the ruined the ones they pretended to care about (Static).
Milestone isn't owned by DC.

Per wiki
Publishing deal
Although Milestone comics were published through DC Comics, they did not fall under DC Comics' editorial control; DC retained only the right not to publish any material they objected to. Milestone Media retained the copyright of their properties and had the final say on all merchandising and licensing deals pertaining to them. In essence, DC licensed the characters, editorial services, and creative content of the Milestone books for an annual fee and a share of the profits.[4] Dwayne McDuffie said that DC held up this agreement even though some of Milestone's storylines made them "very uncomfortable" as they were from perspectives that DC weren't used to.[5] The biggest conflict they had was when an issue of Static showed the hero kissing his girlfriend on a bed, with unopened condoms visible. DC didn't want to publish this cover on grounds that it was using sex to sell comics; Milestone covered most of the image as a compromise. McDuffie believed it made DC uncomfortable because it was specifically "black sexuality".[6]

Milestone was criticized by several black independent companies and creators for their DC deal, claiming that Milestone Media was compromising itself by working with a "white" company like DC Comics and was being used by DC to undermine independent black companies.[