Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don’t why I see tons of Facebook profile pictures of the cinanamatic black panther helmet with the red green and black filter like it’s some black owned and black controlled property. I mean damn nikka y’all rocking that as a testament to black excellence but not a black hand was involved in its creation nor the movie is made by black executive producers (Fiege).

Yeah I get he’s a strong, respectful, and intelligent black comic book character but that’s where it should end. He should not be looked at as a symbol of pro-blackness since we don’t own or control the property.

Beyond all that its a fukkin comic book character. Its fiction. Make believe. Black people aren't above infantalization either I suppose.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don’t why I see tons of Facebook profile pictures of the cinanamatic black panther helmet with the red green and black filter like it’s some black owned and black controlled property. I mean damn nikka y’all rocking that as a testament to black excellence but not a black hand was involved in its creation nor the movie is made by black executive producers (Fiege).

Yeah I get he’s a strong, respectful, and intelligent black comic book character but that’s where it should end. He should not be looked at as a symbol of pro-blackness since we don’t own or control the property.

If you mad, make your own property of black superheroes, and then come back to the Coli and cry when no one supports it. :kanyebp:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Fake super woke outrage
Op prolly fukks fat white women
dafuq does it matter if a white company made the movie
You think tyler perry guna make a Madea movie about the black panter
fukk outta here with that bullshyt
It matters everything dumb dumb.

They control the narrative. You probably thought that Eminem cypher went hard :mjlol:

Daps
I agree. It's fine if people are excited to see Black heroes on the screen, but some people that I've seen on social media are acting like this is some Black landmark. The millions of dollars that this movie will make is going to Disney. I'll get excited when a Black-owned company puts out a superhero movie.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Emotional response. Read the op, think about it, dissect it, and edit your post.
some of these people they only want co-signs from white people, that is there end goal, not to see blacks stand on our own without impediment, but for a white person to look at them and tip their head to them and that is so fukking sad to me.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
when i saw the elder male wit the lip plate i knew it some bullshyt...

cuz thats something that was forced on african women to make em unattractive to arab invaders...

so they wouldnt be kidnapped as sex slaves... now they got us believing its something to be proud of...

let cacs tell yo history brehs...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Black Panther is amazing Warrior-Philosopher-King-Scientist all in one.

Like someone said it's far superior to the generic kid from hood gets superpowers.

I prefer Blue Marvel though, cool powers. Genius Physcist turned Demi-God.
How is he better than Icon?
That you reduce Shock, to a kid from the hood getting super powers, but you don't reduce Black Panther to a white created Gary Stu tells me instantly that you inately view black creations as inferior to white stories.
LIke I said before, just go look up a bit of the heroes Milestone created Hardware and Icon in particular. appreciate what they have given us, and support them if the characters resonate with you.