Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I been telling niqqas this for days now.

Black Panther is cool as hell but basically no more 'black' than Thor.

Let me put it like this

They make movies about green and purple people too. Does that mean they know something about real aliens?

No.

Just like writing about fantastic shyt.

The oddity is that this dude is a real king who was never a con or addict. That's cool.

Wakanda in the comics isn't much better than normal African stereotypes. I always see their soldiers in loincloths with spears even tho they are some tech giant.

The movie seems to avoid the bold faced cliches, tho.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I’m very much looking forward to this movie, but cats needa chilll. It’s not that serious :whoa:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
where the fukk is the nonsense? some of ya'll on this site are like legit retarded. no wonder you've been negged so much, must be posting idiotic shyt like what you replied to me with all the goddamn time.
The nikka complaining that Tyler perry won’t make a movie like black panther...I asked him why can’t he make some shyt like that...the cliché of “be th change that you wanna see” applies here...nikkas complain like bytches while doing nothing to change what they’re complaining about...

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
"I DON'T CARE IF ONLY WHITE PEOPLE ARE GUNNA GET RICH OFF THIS, IMMA SEE THIS FILM 5 TIMES IN THE THEATER, AND BUY THE DVD. EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T BOUGHT BLACK OWNED IN YEARS IF EVER"
full

:laff:

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
yall acting like yall not doing the most in the opposite direction from shea butter twitter :dead:

The only reason OP chose to state/clarify this is because a lot of nikkas are running around claiming that BP is "black progress", "black excellence", "pro black" when it's not even black owned. They're the ones saying it's some sort of pinnacle of pro blackness. How can something be pro black if black ppl don't own it? He's not saying don't go see it, he's just disagreeing with them.

One nikka in here even said, "pro blackness isn't about ownership" and got daps. nikkas are clueless, no wonder black americans are behind every other group in america.
yall realize people can enjoy the movie but still understand that we have work to do, right? :dead:

I believe a few bros on The Coli understand that and are building, but i'm gonna be honest, most black men my age, including all the ones hyped about BP, aren't building anything. They just care about working for white people until they're 65, nikka trinkets and turning up. :yeshrug:And this leads back to my point about us overall not understanding or caring about ownership. This should be one place where we can discuss this without nikkas trying to change the subject but :aicmon:

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther is black progress. There are millions of black people ad this movie is going to impact black people and many will talk about it. This thread doing the numbers that it's doing is proof of this.

Why is it that excitement in the black community has to be criticized?

Also the argument that BP can't be pro-black because of a white person owning it is like saying you cant give back to the community because most black people dont own their home.

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther is black progress. There are millions of black people ad this movie is going to impact black people and many will talk about it. This thread doing the numbers that it's doing is proof of this.

Why is it that excitement in the black community has to be criticized?

Also the argument that BP can't be pro-black because of a white person owning it is like saying you cant give back to the community because most black people dont own their home.

These nikkas haters. They hate to see black people happy, coming together, black success, or black power. They ain't nothing but c00ns or white racists. They getting all kind of excuses ready for when this movie do good at the box office. They can say but white people own the movie. Like all the black cast and black people who worked behind the scenes won't benefit from this movie doing good.