Black Panther- breaking record Watch Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yo the mental image of Madea pullin up to Wakanda c00nin it up got me:laff::laff::laff:

And T'challa like "whose the tranny:gucci: get this thing out of Wakanda"
full

Yall laugh, but the potential fukkery would be so good. :pachaha:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I love how successful this movie is, I pray it hits a billion and over. The momentum of this movie has been insane I saw it yesterday and I had to struggle to find a seat that is how packed the theatre was. There was people of all races there but the majority was black and dam it was beautiful. People clapped at the end and were cheering and being vocal and I just loved the atmosphere.:blessed:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
so if I go see this 2 more times using movie pass does that inflate the box office #'s?

I mean it's not costing me extra, so fukk it.

doublex

Pro
Daps
Monday, 12:05AM: T’Challa has recorded the second best Sunday ever at the domestic B.O. with an estimated $59.55M per industry estimates tonight, filing behind the all-time record held by Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60.5M on Dec. 20, 2015). This now pushes Black Panther to a 3-day between $201M-$202M; still the 5th best domestic opening of all-time after 2012’s Avengers ($207.4M).

But here’s where it gets crazy: Rivals are literally forecasting that the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie could take the record for the second-best 4-day opening of all-time with $241M-$243M after Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($288M). In that case, Black Panther would slaughter the Friday-Monday hauls of Avengers ($226.3M) Jurassic World ($234.1M), and, yes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($241.6M).

In order for Black Panther to claw its way to that height, it would mean that Monday’s ease from Sunday would range between -30% to -32% or $40.3M to $41.75M. Conservative projections this morning figured Monday would decline -45% from Sunday, in which case Presidents Day would yield $32.75M for a $234M+ FSSM. Black Panther has ripped up all previous pre-summer comps, which has made Monday a challenge for many to predict. Another factor juicing ticket sales, as we mentioned earlier, is that the 18-24 crowd comes out in bulk after 10PM, and that contributes to the swing factor with these forecasts by the time the sun comes up. No doubt people will continue to flock to the movies tomorrow with ComScore’s school calendar showing 88% K-12 out and 34% of all colleges off.

‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi’

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:salute:@lutha you said it would exceed 153m i thought:whoa:glad to see i was wrong. Hope its not front loaded movie like the DCEU do, where opening week does good business but once word gets out and ppl have seen it they like we good :hubie:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
"J-j-j-just wait until Aquaman tho :mjcry:"
I wish Aquaman well, but Jason Mamoa underwhelmed as Conan. I WANT an Aquaman movie with a Pacific Islander main to succeed. I really do. Take back all of the water reverence rituals Euros and Americans culturally appropriated as recreation.

What's the script looking like?