Black Panther’ Breaking All Time Box Office Records

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
It’s not true, it’s based on the truth.

Parker’s film is as white owned as BP. A lot of His investors AKA the people who will reap the money from the film were white. So what’s your point?

Also black people went to go see BOAN; obviously
Majority if not all black movies have black and white investors idiot

The CRM had funding from white jewish dudes. Yall stay making excuses for white daddy

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA

Parker’s film is as white owned as BP. A lot of His investors AKA the people who will reap the money from the film were white. So what’s your point?

The black main actors get backend profits, the exec prod is black so he gets a big cut, and plenty of black folks on the cast and crew made dough and got hella experience + connections from this movie

Anyone saying this film is only largely beneficial to blacks is uneducated when it comes to film

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Most of the investors were black. Over 20 athletes and Nate Parker himself contributed and invested in getting the film created. Tony Parker of the Spurs and Micheal Finley were some of the main investors. Birth of a Nation was black created and produced by Parker and his studio independently.

Yall love talking about black athletes and entertainers pooling their resources but when they do look who are the biggest critics and detractors. This was the very definition of black excellence. The lack of support is reason you don't see more athletes and entertainers going this route.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Do for self.

If black folks wanna support white folks creations, let em.

The black community is a myth.

Its just a bunch of people scattered across the world who happen to be black. There is no community. Thats what I've realized recently.

Get your money and worry about your own shyt..... if nikkas wanna support cac creations & corporations even tho cacs will rather commit dat instead of empower black people... who cares at this point? You gon die broke and depressed if you worried about empowering black people collectively.

All you can do is worry about your own shyt at this point.

I've come to accept that the white man won the battle a long time ago.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
BOAN wasn't historically accurate. Nate Parker toned down certain shyt. Ppl got on me in a fit of rage but it is what it is...
Black panther was toned down and it wasn't flawless.... Nate Parker's Boan wasnt terrible

Most people wasnt mad at BOAN for inaccuracy but his old rape case that pop up. Whats with nikkas shyting on other Black projects and other black superhero movies/characters to praise black panther?

With the " historically accurate" i have to research to see if its true

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Black panther was toned down and it wasn't flawless.... Nate Parker's Boan wasnt terrible

Most people wasnt mad at BOAN for inaccuracy but his old rape case that pop up. Whats with nikkas shyting on other Black projects and other black superhero movies/characters to praise black panther?

With the " historically accurate" i have to research to see if its true
I never said BOAN was a bad movie. That wasn't even my argument or why people didn't watch. I was solely addressing the part of about it being historically accurate. That poster IS right, the movie DID have significant historic inaccuracies in it. The biggest example being the rebellion. In the movie the slave masters wife and kid were spared, in real life they and everyone else was slaughtered. But I agree you don't have to shyt on BOAN to praise Black Panther.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The black main actors get backend profits, the exec prod is black so he gets a big cut, and plenty of black folks on the cast and crew made dough and got hella experience + connections from this movie

Anyone saying this film is only largely beneficial to blacks is uneducated when it comes to film

C/s. black representation, black actresses, black actors, black love, black heroism, black director, black screen writer, black costume designer, black executive producer... but bc it's owned by Disney and their majority cac shareholders, all the aforementioned must be disregarded :dead:

Black Panther isn't here to end institutional racism; it's here to inspire kids and young adults, and to widen the doors for more black actors, writers, and directors to get more work, and bigger pay days.

Black Panther was created by a jew hippy named Stan Lee in 1966 but a black man named Christopher Priest revamped the character in 1998, which inspired a black kid from Compton named Ryan Coolger who wanted a black superhero and was handed Priest's comics, to take that iteration of the character and 20 years later make it into what we saw this weekend... in the process hiring all his black actor friends, and they all secured the bag and can continue doing so for at least 2 more movies. And as a result, he'll also be getting bigger bags to make bigger and bigger movies, and more movies in general that speak on issues he finds important to his and other communities.

Now sure, it would be even sweeter if more black people owned movie theaters, shares at Disney, and distribution companies. And that should be concurrent goals in addition to what Coogler and them are doing. Just like ideally it would be great if the majority of NBA owners were black; and that will always be the concurrent, ongoing battle.

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You are a cac or c00n. It was the best reviewed and critically acclaimed and praised movie after it debuted at the Sudance festival. It wasn't until nate Parker secured his historic distribution deal that the cacs and coins went into overdrive trying to tear down Parker and the film. No film is 100% accurate. That's another cac c00n talking point.

Don't forget he took the name of the first racist movie to be mass distributed
Ya boy a real one. Saw that in theaters a cheered when then killed the racists. It was a good movie but homie college bedbuck shenanigans caught up with him and the feminuts jumped in.

Daps
It helps open the door for more black actors and reduces some of the financial risks Hollywood feels black movies have. Especially when it comes to Disney. Their least selling disney princess is the only black one.

What the fukk does this have to do with us peon black people who work 9 to 5?

I know a lot of you Coli nikkas are aspiring "screenwriters" and shyt, so y'all live vicariously thru Hollywood nikkas, but these people don't mean shyt to me.

They're not gonna feed my kids.

But I'm starting to realize woke nikkas live thru black celebrities like poor cacs live thru the 1%. Thats why they vote republican, even tho republican policies only benefit the rich. They see everything from their perspective.

And y'all see everything from the eyes of black celebrities.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What the fukk does this have to do with us peon black people who work 9 to 5?

I know a lot of you Coli nikkas are aspiring "screenwriters" and shyt, so y'all live vicariously thru Hollywood nikkas, but these people don't mean shyt to me.

They're not gonna feed my kids.

But I'm starting to realize woke nikkas live thru black celebrities like poor cacs live thru the 1%. Thats why they vote republican, even tho republican policies only benefit the rich. They see everything from their perspective.

And y'all see everything from the eyes of black celebrities.

Well no shyt it doesnt help regular 9 to 5 nikkas. But what does? Yall path is set, but those actual talented aspiring young black actors, directors, screenwriters, artists, whoever, it makes it easier for them. In the Coliseum we clamor for more black QBs, and the more groundbreakers in that area opens the door for those young black QBs in pop warner that are told daily to switch their position, use your head.

No it doesnt help all black people but it helps those young black youths that have legitimate talent that arent given the time of day or benefit of the doubt because of the color of their skin. Think beyond your own world.

Lesfilles

Pro
Daps
C/s. black representation, black actresses, black actors, black love, black heroism, black director, black screen writer, black costume designer, black executive producer... but bc it's owned by Disney and their majority cac shareholders, all the aforementioned must be disregarded :dead:

Black Panther isn't here to end institutional racism; it's here to inspire kids and young adults, and to widen the doors for more black actors, writers, and directors to get more work, and bigger pay days.

Black Panther was created by a jew hippy named Stan Lee in 1966 but a black man named Christopher Priest revamped the character in 1998, which inspired a black kid from Compton named Ryan Coolger who wanted a black superhero and was handed Priest's comics, to take that iteration of the character and 20 years later make it into what we saw this weekend... in the process hiring all his black actor friends, and they all secured the bag and can continue doing so for at least 2 more movies. And as a result, he'll also be getting bigger bags to make bigger and bigger movies, and more movies in general that speak on issues he finds important to his and other communities.

Now sure, it would be even sweeter if more black people owned movie theaters, shares at Disney, and distribution companies. And that should be concurrent goals in addition to what Coogler and them are doing. Just like ideally it would be great if the majority of NBA owners were black; and that will always be the concurrent, ongoing battle.

People legit hating on this movie "cause white people" and yet 90% of the dudes on this site own a Madden NFL and/or NBA2k game, know all the words to Scarface, The Godfather (I-III) and Rocky's 1- 5, not to mention F&F 1-34213....are flexing in a Gucci belt and driving a BMW 2 series they probably bought from Fitz Auto-mall...but going to see BP, which was directed by a black man, stars a majority black cast, was staffed by majority blacks is 'lame/stupid/pathetic/dumb' ....

"it's not gon' change nothing for black people?"

Yeah and neither is NBA 2k, but y'all dudes go out and buy it every time a new one comes out...