Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

leoc

All Star
Daps
Damn this yellow wind sage aint no joke. Cant get past his second stage. The tiger was easy compared to this

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Stone Vanguard actually seemed like he was going to be easy to beat. I took the first 2 attempts to just feel him out & see his move set, which seemed super limited. But fast forward an hour later & I still haven't beaten him yet & I don't even understand why :dead:

One nit pick complaint that I have, is having to run all the way back through the map after you die to get back to a boss fight. I don't know why they just don't put shrines before all of them. It takes like 90 seconds of running & dodging enemies you've already killed to get back to Stone Vanguard after every attempt.
Stone Vanguard is tough because he spams his AOE attack and your window to attack him is pretty small and that window gets smaller as the fight prolongs. He also doesn't stagger at all. His battle is pretty long and dragged out. It took me 7 minutes to beat him.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Stone Vanguard is tough because he spams his AOE attack and your window to attack him is pretty small and that window gets smaller as the fight prolongs. He also doesn't stagger at all. His battle is pretty long and dragged out. It took me 7 minutes to beat him.

He was a pain, he’s got those slow hits but that AOE is often.
I dodged the ground slam attack, then jump+kick during the AOE.
Jump kick kept monkey airborne long enough to be safe and get small damage in.

If you unlock “composure“ in the stamina skill tree, you can attack with harder hitting combos more often because you can dodge while mid combo.
As long as you don’t get hit (and continue swinging right after your dodges), you’ll pick up where you left off in you combo string.

So you can get those weak first 2-3 quick hits in, dodge (up to x 3 in quick succession), then press light attack and it will pick up where you left off and hit with either 3 or 4th part of the combo which if it’s the 4th/hard hit it will usually stagger, giving you time for more damage.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like i cheesed Tiger dude but fukk it

:troll:

showme-show.gif

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps

I actually ended up beating him shortly after making that post. Now I'm hard stuck at Wind Sage. Might actually be a few days before I manage to beat this guy. His move set is unorthodox & irritating as fukk.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn this yellow wind sage aint no joke. Cant get past his second stage. The tiger was easy compared to this
Did you do the side quest to get the Wind Amulet? It's crucial for the final phase when he brings out the tornado

Overall I tried to save my mana until the end when he starts going wild and you need to freeze him. The giant beetle is hard to dodge so I use the Rock power to block it. Learning the pattern of his sand form attacks takes practice but it makes dodging it quite easy. When he pauses and looks around, run like hell cause he's dialing up the kick grab combo. He usually does it after his flip attack.

Eventually he brings out the tornado, use the amulet and pray to holy hell that RNG limits the cheapness of his moves. He can jump behind an invisible wall and attack you, if you aren't careful about spacing.

The added point into Resolute Combo helped me do a bit more damage so the fight doesn't go on so long. But he also back steps the combo half of the time lol

I really really hated this fight