Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ok, well I'll let the experts breakdown what most of you are too afraid to say :francis:

And early in they say it's more bad than good :damn:

I'm just the messenger, and I called it and up already knew this yet you still acted like I'm hating :stop:

@Canon does reality apply or are you too busy pointing out the fact a game that has been hyped for years is receiving hype at launch?

You got the worst version, the Xbox version will be much cleaner and because of RDNA2 will run better. The series s might even run it better but let's not reveal everything too soon :win:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ok, well I'll let the experts breakdown what most of you are too afraid to say :francis:

And early in they say it's more bad than good :damn:

I'm just the messenger, and I called it and up already knew this yet you still acted like I'm hating :stop:

@Canon does reality apply or are you too busy pointing out the fact a game that has been hyped for years is receiving hype at launch?

You got the worst version, the Xbox version will be much cleaner and because of RDNA2 will run better. The series s might even run it better but let's not reveal everything too soon :win:

I just finished watching the video and :laff:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Does wukong get drunk in heaven in this? JTTW is one of my favorite books so I’m excited

I don't know if we'll get to see stuff exactly as it happened in JttW

It seems like this is after the events of JttW, and Sun Wukong was betrayed and put back into stone. The monkey we play as may be a reincarnation or something, trying to get back the powers. He doesn't speak or exactly have that same mischievous/rebellious character about him as Wukong in the opening.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Well you just unsold me
s-l1600.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

:ohhh: I thought the controls felt weird. The game is only running at 30fps with Frame Gen doubling it to 60.

However, this comes at the cost of traditional frame generation artefacts around the borders of the screen, on particle effects and within UI elements, which are much more obvious than normal as the game is operating at such a low base resolution. Neither AMD nor Nvidia recommends using frame generation in this manner - Nvidia suggests a 40fps to 80fps conversion for a base level of quality, while AMD's guidance revolves around an even more conservative 60fps to 120fps use case.

This puts the game in an uncomfortable place, as you're getting the visual fluidity of 60fps, but with graphical artefacts and more input lag than you'd expect at 30fps - not ideal for an action game, even on played on gamepad.

People asking if they should wait for a couple patches i say yeah. Will be a much better experience if you wait for a few patches. I remember Jedi survivor was kinda like this at launch. It got A LOT better over time.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
These mfs been playing helldivers or some shyt? :heh: fukking sentient tornado chasing me around