Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Daps
I think they chose the term "merit" as an analogy to video game "Achievements". A play on the idea that you're not really "achieving" all that much in the real world by doing repetitive tasks...

As you mention, everything in that episode is kind of an allegory for technology in the current world. This episode basically takes place in The Twilight Zone.... "The Dimension of Imagination." At that early stage they probably didn't intend to create a shared universe, just a few "Easter egg" references. By the time they got to the White Christmas episode, they decided to tie everything together.

ahhh that makes sense.I have to give white Christmas a rewatch tho, I watched it late at night i think i was too tired to grasp certain things,.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Last week I read an article saying that it wasn't on the schedule for 2017. HOWEVER, I just read the following today:
'Black Mirror': All the Season 4 Details (So Far)

So...it's not officially listed on the schedule, but there's going to be some kind of "Surprise" announcement on the 13th day after November 24th. That's next Wednesday.

A quote further up in the article says

I'm starting to suspect that there will be some kind of April Fool's Day-style :troll: pranks going on. Like, maybe the episode titles will randomly appear at 3PM in the afternoon, then disappear at 9PM or something.

Edit:
Or, what if the season shows up on the 6th, then when you try to click on an episode you get a message like "Early viewing only available for users with a rating of 4.3 and higher" :mjcry:
All this cryptic shyt :dead:
Gimme a damn date so I can watch the show man :snoop:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
hpL_KgbiCyXa95pBJgnTgm8y1jtj5lpB9ExfkyZGfwo.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like 'Hated In The Nation' should have been some kind of crime procedural spin off with six episodes per season (like Luther, Endeavour and Line Of Duty). Think it would have worked better that way as it doesn't really feel like a 'Black Mirror' episode imo.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waldo was for sure my least favorite of the two seasons. My rankings look something like this:

1. 15 million merits (season 1 episode 2)
2. White Bear (season 2 episode 2)
3. The National Anthem (season 1 episode 1)
4. The Entire History of You (season 1 episode 3)
5. Be Right Back (season 2 episode 1)
6. Waldo (season 2 episode 3)

Just added Utopia to my list of shows to check, is it similar to Black Mirror?

You ever check out Utopia breh? Season 1 and the opening episode of Season 2 are incredible. Kind of falls off after that a bit though.