Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:francis: So I watched the first two episodes of Electric Dreams and it's looking like trash so far.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The first two eps went nowhere and were boring as hell and had me :dwillhuh: at the end of them. Way too gainax . At least with Black Mirror I know what the fukk is going on.

To be fair, I liked "15 Million Merits", but I STILL don't know what exactly was going on in that one. Where were these people? Does this take place thousands of years in the future? Were they underground, or in a spaceship, or were they all "Cookies"? What was stopping them from just walking away and quitting to go live in the forest somewhere? How were they generating more power from their bikes than what it took to power their TVs and environmental equipment?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, I liked "15 Million Merits", but I STILL don't know what exactly was going on in that one. Where were these people? Does this take place thousands of years in the future? Were they underground, or in a spaceship, or were they all "Cookies"? What was stopping them from just walking away and quitting to go live in the forest somewhere? How were they generating more power from their bikes than what it took to power their TVs and environmental equipment?
None of that matters.

This was a story about a bunch of people working meaningless jobs, went home and watched mindless entertainment and bought shyt they really don't need to forget the fact that in 12 hours they'll be back at that bullshyt job.

It's a story about people so willing to escape their "boring" life, they'll do anything to become rich and famous, even if it means whoring themselves out.

It's a story about someone who knows how all of this is bullshyt, is willing to be passionate about a cause, but will throw it all away and sell out for money.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
24058833_2085393238362145_39780581856199363_n.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
When is this shyt suppose to drop :beli:

Last week I read an article saying that it wasn't on the schedule for 2017. HOWEVER, I just read the following today:
'Black Mirror': All the Season 4 Details (So Far)

As 2017 comes to a close and the inevitable Black Mirror season four release date approaches, Netflix has launched 13 Days of Black Mirror. Starting on Nov 24, the streamer is dropping season four breadcrumbs that will lead to a 13th-day surprise. Here is everything to know about new episodes, which are listed in no particular order below. Check back in as THR will continue to update this post with new information.

So...it's not officially listed on the schedule, but there's going to be some kind of "Surprise" announcement on the 13th day after November 24th. That's next Wednesday.

A quote further up in the article says
Brooker wanted to take that one step further, and either have the episode play on infinite loop or delete itself after it was watched. "I wanted to do it in nightmare mode where after you watched it once, if you watched it again it was different," he told The Hollywood Reporter.

I'm starting to suspect that there will be some kind of April Fool's Day-style :troll: pranks going on. Like, maybe the episode titles will randomly appear at 3PM in the afternoon, then disappear at 9PM or something.

Edit:
Or, what if the season shows up on the 6th, then when you try to click on an episode you get a message like "Early viewing only available for users with a rating of 4.3 and higher" :mjcry:

Last edited:
Daps

I read a theory that although its an anthology, these episodes exist in one universe. Kinda like all tarantino films exists in the same universe. The theory goes like this: the people pedaling are creating energy for the people in nosedive, or just creating energy to support all these technological advances you see in every episode. Notice in white Christmas ( if youve seen it) the man sits down to watch tv , and the talent show comes on.

What was your major take away from the episode tho?
I think it was an look at society as a whole, but the merits part really stuck with me. That you could make it in life on your own merit, but sometimes, no matter how hard you work certain decisions are made for you and those decisions can affect your direction in life eg ( socioeconomic status, luck, natural talents etc.). . I think the cup of "cuppliance" symbolizes that people just accept certain fates and realities.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I read a theory that although its an anthology, these episodes exist in one universe. Kinda like all tarantino films exists in the same universe. The theory goes like this: the people pedaling are creating energy for the people in nosedive, or just creating energy to support all these technological advances you see in every episode. Notice in white Christmas ( if youve seen it) the man sits down to watch tv , and the talent show comes on.

What was your major take away from the episode tho?
I think it was an look at society as a whole, but the merits part really stuck with me. That you could make it in life on your own merit, but sometimes, no matter how hard you work certain decisions are made for you and those decisions can affect your direction in life eg ( socioeconomic status, luck, natural talents etc.). . I think the cup of "cuppliance" symbolizes that people just accept certain fates and realities.

I think they chose the term "merit" as an analogy to video game "Achievements". A play on the idea that you're not really "achieving" all that much in the real world by doing repetitive tasks...

As you mention, everything in that episode is kind of an allegory for technology in the current world. This episode basically takes place in The Twilight Zone.... "The Dimension of Imagination." At that early stage they probably didn't intend to create a shared universe, just a few "Easter egg" references. By the time they got to the White Christmas episode, they decided to tie everything together.