Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
CvWg6_YXgAADYod.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was low key possible too which made it creepy:mjpls:

What happened the guy at the end? He went home but saw an illusion of his girlfriend?:dwillhuh:

The girl friend never existed. He was having dreams of a fake girl friend and fake nice house to keep him happy. Went back home, the house is a dump and the girl friend ain't there.

Just an all around subtly horrifying episode. Still kinda confused why The Coli didn't rate it higher.

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Concern yourself with e-rep, brehettes :mjlol:

Expect not to die with reality bending gaming brehs :damn:

Feel free to do whatever you want online brehs :scust:

Let your mind be copied and "live" on after you die brehettes :whoa:

Join the military and get implants brehs :sadcam:

Depend on computer bees to not be hacked brehs :huhldup:

Most of all: put your trust and faith in technology brehs :merchant:

Just finished 4. Man that shyt was dope, I don't know what people are complaining about. There ain't been a weak ep yet in season 3. Might have to re-arrange my series standings for 2016 when I finish this season.

Fred.

To me the top quote sums up the sad twisted irony of all of it..

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I assume the governments still controlling what he sees to keep him satisfied or whatever.

So they have him in a sedated state to keep him from telling. I was better off not knowing:mjcry:

That's why I loved San Junipero. It didn't have a grim ending. I watched seasons 1-3 in about a week so I needed some positivity:ahh:

The girl friend never existed. He was having dreams of a fake girl friend and fake nice house to keep him happy. Went back home, the house is a dump and the girl friend ain't there.

Just an all around subtly horrifying episode. Still kinda confused why The Coli didn't rate it higher.

Fred.

:usure:

He kept dreaming about her as if he knew her. The house was there it just wasn't as clean as the vision. Maybe she dumped him and moved on.

So you're saying the dreams are illusions but what's their purpose?

It does make some sense because when he woke up the other troops' hands were twitching. It was like an REM response and it's on a schedule that's why they were all doing it simultaneously. They're feeding them dreams at a certain hour. The girl replicating over and over was a glitch caused by the light that hit him.

I'm about to finish White Christmas. What's with that clock?:merchant:

Edit:
His wife just blocked him:mindblown:

Rob Starks' wife showed up:noah:

What is this episode about?:dahell:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So they have him in a sedated state to keep him from telling. I was better off not knowing:mjcry:

That's why I loved San Junipero. It didn't have a grim ending. I watched seasons 1-3 in about a week so I needed some positivity:ahh:

He kept dreaming about her as if he knew her. The house was there it just wasn't as clean as the vision. Maybe she dumped him and moved on.

It does make some sense because when he woke up the other troops' hands were twitching. It was like an REM response and it's on a schedule that's why they were all doing it simultaneously. They're feeding them dreams at a certain hour. The girl replicating over and over was a glitch caused by the light that hit him.

The purpose is to make him feel like he has something to go home to. It makes him fight harder.

shyt man, that's War Movie Trope 101. The guy with the girl, who has to get back to her. He usually ends up dying.

I'm saying she don't exist because the episode had a chance to show her, even if she looked completely different (like the house)....and she just flat out wasn't there. The only time we ever seen her, was in his dreams.

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Fred.
Same reason some cats thought San Junipero was whatever.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished White Christmas and I wish I hadn't:wow:

I'm ready to toss my phone, Xbox, computer, and TV in the bushes and go live in the woods:mjcry:

Out of all the episodes that one scared me the most. The Cookie was horrifying. When he was breaking Rob Starks' wife to get her work:sadbron:. The way they did the guy's cookie after the confession:sadcam:. John Hamm's L :damn:

Best episode of the series hands down.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished White Christmas and I wish I hadn't:wow:

I'm ready to toss my phone, Xbox, computer, and TV in the bushes and go live in the woods:mjcry:

Out of all the episodes that one scared me the most. The Cookie was horrifying. When he was breaking Rob Starks' wife to get her work:sadbron:. The way they did the guy's cookie after the confession:sadcam:. John Hamm's L :damn:

Best episode of the series hands down.

It was like three episodes in one

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Edit:
His wife just blocked him:mindblown:

Rob Starks' wife showed up:noah:

What is this episode about?:dahell:

The purpose is to make him feel like he has something to go home to. It makes him fight harder.

shyt man, that's War Movie Trope 101. The guy with the girl, who has to get back to her. He usually ends up dying.

I'm saying she don't exist because the episode had a chance to show her, even if she looked completely different (like the house)....and she just flat out wasn't there. The only time we ever seen her, was in his dreams.

Fred.

It was implied they were controlling their dreams when the Dr said he'd make sure he'd have a great night sleep, then in dream he actually had sex with the girl as opposed to just seeing her like his earlier dreams. That supports the idea that the girl was never real.