Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I suppose I'm one of the few who absolutely loved it. Simple story but it was cohesive and told well, and the meta commentary about the illusion of free will, multiple timelines, and the overall execution kept me engaged. Bandersnatch was very surreal and meta in some very subtle ways, it was a brilliant experience imo.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
I played this again today, and I've been thinking about what would be considered a "winning" ending of the ones I've seen.
From the perspective of a Black Mirror episode, it would seem that the winning endings would be:
A: Release a 5 Star rated version of Bandersnatch
or
B: Change the timeline in the past so that you die happy.

But, if this were the real world and not a Black Mirror episode, the actual "Winning" ending would be the one where you
Take your medication and live to release a 2.5 star version of Bandersnatch.

Stefan says that this was the wrong choice, but it really isn't. In this ending you're
-Alive
-Not in Jail or a mental hospital
-Employed
-Not a murderer
-Still working with your idol Colin
-A game designer that singlehandedly created an "OK" video game on your FIRST TRY that never got pulled from stores.
-Actually in a better relationship with your father than you were at the start

That's not losing.
That was absolutely the best ending for Stefan lol and they give it to you in the 1st 15 minutes.

Once it told me that was the wrong ending j realised it was all about the fukkery. Which ultimately what the ep was about, no free will.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just watched and did multiple endings for like an hour and a half. Very cool. And I see there is some stuff I didn't do. Bad thing to watch before going to sleep tho. :lupe:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
With how popular the games Telltale Studios were years ago, this wasn’t exactly a unique experience for me, but it was fun, and I imagine for the average Netflix watcher, a different kind of experience. I was more impressed at the work that must’ve had to go into making this, and the dedication to it.

I marked down each choice I made, so I could compare the results for later rewatches. The first ending I got where I actually see a credit scene afterwards and not them forcing you to redo yourself was
Stefan returning his rabbit to his childhood self and getting on that doomed train with his mom
but all of the other dead end choices were well done, in particular the 4th wall breaking scenes & the P.A.C.S. & Pax scenes had me :dead: Cool idea, hopefully next time grounded by a stronger film around it. I did enjoy the meta commentary about it though, it was a typical Black Mirror commentary about the dangers of technology but delivered in a much more unusual fashion