Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Damn see I was wondering about that. Guess it won’t work on Firesticks too.

Oh has anyone else tried it on that?

Martha
How to check if your device supports Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Look like no android? I'm going to try to airplay to my apple tv after this movie I'm watching goes off.
it works on fire tv.

The story itself wasnt very interesting, but seeing how much work they put into making coherent story go in numerous directions was impressive
I enjoyed figuring out all the endings.
pretty sure I seen them all.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Damn that sucks for anyone that don’t have a console or smart tv then:lolbron:

I’m about to go in deeper on this shyt tonight.... like last night since it was after 3 and I had to work today.... I kinda purposely made decisions that led to quick final conclusions.

I was afraid if not I’d been on that shyt till I had to go to work:mjlol:

But now I got time:blessed:

Martha

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I really hope season five is a step up because not gonna lie, they're losing me.
I was enjoying it until they pulled the okie doke and made me go back for picking "the wrong choice". Like breh what's the point of letting me pick if you're just gonna force a scenario on me?

That's what disappointed me about the "illusion of choice" aspect. Right from the start I chose to

Refuse to work in the office

I played with that for hours and as far as I can tell I got all the "major" endings. But, I was looking forward to going back to an entirely DIFFERENT movie where
Stefan works in the office and has increasingly awkward/disturbing interactions with Colin and his other coworkers with lots of references to videogames like "Playtest" and "USS Calister". Since Tucker is the same company from San Junipero I expected they would force you into turning into the first generation 8-bit Cookie.

But when I finally went back to try out the other "branch", as you said they just basically say "nope...wrong choice".

I'm going to go back and play around with this some more today.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what disappointed me about the "illusion of choice" aspect. Right from the start I chose to

Refuse to work in the office

I played with that for hours and as far as I can tell I got all the "major" endings. But, I was looking forward to going back to an entirely DIFFERENT movie where
Stefan works in the office and has increasingly awkward/disturbing interactions with Colin and his other coworkers with lots of references to videogames like "Playtest" and "USS Calister". Since Tucker is the same company from San Junipero I expected they would force you into turning into the first generation 8-bit Cookie.

But when I finally went back to try out the other "branch", as you said they just basically say "nope...wrong choice".

I'm going to go back and play around with this some more today.
Like Stefan said, you think you have a choice, but he's already picked the ending :manny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
...But to followup the above there IS once idea I liked. The idea that choices made in one parallel universe have an effect on other parallel universes even if you didn't make that choice.

If you choose to let
Colin jump out the window
then it "snaps" back to earlier in the day like it was all a dream. But even though you never get a chance to make those choices you never see that other character again. So its like the "dream" was a real event that happened in a parallel universe that had a muted echo effect on other universes.

That would also explain why you die in the "time travel" ending.
The mirror in the dream takes you to a REAL parallel universe where you get on the train and die as a child. That has the effect of killing you years later in a parallel universe.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
shyt seemed broken. Kept bringing me back to redo choices I already made and I wasn't tryna watch the same scenes over and over again. I guess the choose your own adventure thing was a lie since it forces you to make choices you don't want to with one option instead of two. Bad attempt at being groundbreaking. 2/5