Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
If Colin’s death happened in a parallel universe, then where and when did he die in the present? He was clearly around after the jump scene otherwise he wouldn’t have been around to tape the documentary so where did he go? And why did they feel the need to ask Stefan?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
If Colin’s death happened in a parallel universe, then where and when did he die in the present? He was clearly around after the jump scene otherwise he wouldn’t have been around to tape the documentary so where did he go? And why did they feel the need to ask Stefan?

When Colin gives his LSD speech, he explains that events that happen in one universe have an effect on different parallel universes where different choices were made

If you let Colin jump, then go back before that moment, Colin will still be alive but it will have an effect that he won't come around you anymore. But if you jump yourself, then go back to an earlier point, then Colin will still be there to hand you the documentary himself.

So your choice changed the other universe, but in a much less powerful way.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
When Colin gives his LSD speech, he explains that events that happen in one universe have an effect on different parallel universes where different choices were made

If you let Colin jump, then go back before that moment, Colin will still be alive but it will have an effect that he won't come around you anymore. But if you jump yourself, then go back to an earlier point, then Colin will still be there to hand you the documentary himself.

So your choice changed the other universe, but in a much less powerful way.

If you let Stefan go further down the Cliff rabbit hole after lettin Colin jump, there comes a point where his wife comes around looking for him because no one’s seen/heard from him for a long time. His absence just goes unexplained. A body’s never found or anything.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I turned this on thinking it was new episodes of black mirror...these fools want my undivided attention, making choices and whatnot. This better end up wing good

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The movie wasn't good. Felt more like a demo or something that should have been presented as a visual short.

I give props to Netflix for continuing to innovate their lane tho.

The Tell Tale Games and joints like Heavy Rain do this better as they give the viewer real options... Where as with this, it felt like a loop with the main character just waking up if you picked the option that you "weren't" supposed to pick.

:manny:

Cool concept, sub-par execution, but that's how it is when you're the first to do something in most cases

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i "died" like 15 minutes in...picked the right path after, but it is kinda a chore sitting and waiting...ironically I like the video game versions of this type of shyt, but despite this being loosely about video games, it's not really holding my attention like I thought it would

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I played this again today, and I've been thinking about what would be considered a "winning" ending of the ones I've seen.
From the perspective of a Black Mirror episode, it would seem that the winning endings would be:
A: Release a 5 Star rated version of Bandersnatch
or
B: Change the timeline in the past so that you die happy.

But, if this were the real world and not a Black Mirror episode, the actual "Winning" ending would be the one where you
Take your medication and live to release a 2.5 star version of Bandersnatch.

Stefan says that this was the wrong choice, but it really isn't. In this ending you're
-Alive
-Not in Jail or a mental hospital
-Employed
-Not a murderer
-Still working with your idol Colin
-A game designer that singlehandedly created an "OK" video game on your FIRST TRY that never got pulled from stores.
-Actually in a better relationship with your father than you were at the start

That's not losing.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I played this again today, and I've been thinking about what would be considered a "winning" ending of the ones I've seen.
From the perspective of a Black Mirror episode, it would seem that the winning endings would be:
A: Release a 5 Star rated version of Bandersnatch
or
B: Change the timeline in the past so that you die happy.

But, if this were the real world and not a Black Mirror episode, the actual "Winning" ending would be the one where you
Take your medication and live to release a 2.5 star version of Bandersnatch.

Stefan says that this was the wrong choice, but it really isn't. In this ending you're
-Alive
-Not in Jail or a mental hospital
-Employed
-Not a murderer
-Still working with your idol Colin
-A game designer that singlehandedly created an "OK" video game on your FIRST TRY that never got pulled from stores.
-Actually in a better relationship with your father than you were at the start

That's not losing.

:obama: :ehh:

Depends how you look at it. But i see where u coming from..