Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Nah, I'm with @Mr Hate Coffee fukk him. Watching Black Museum reinforces my thoughts on that. Don't care if dude was torturing code, it was sentient and based of human conscience. Hope his body rots in that chair.

This is very sad to read and precisely why this world will go into ruin. I will never value a computer over an actual human. Sentient? :mjlol:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Haven't read anything on this thread yet', but will.

I've watched all 4 seasons of Black Mirror and i have to say it is one of the most racially coded programmes I've ever come across.
Gus T Renegae of the Context Of White Supremacy (COWS) has done a far better and more critical analysis of the show with Dr Mark Kervokian author of Color Monitors. (search it on YouTube)

My jaw hit the floor so many times watching this series.:dwillhuh:

Effectively it's layered into the 3 distinct yet intertwined themes:
1. is the obvious critique of how technology and human nature (greed, lust, need for love , acceptance, sex, gender roles etc etc) will be intertwined in the future (already is with social media)

2. is a critique and portrayl of how the white world already operates in modern times (workplace, family structures, media, child rearing, white women vs white men, corrupt power structures/people etc etc)

3. is the most important and my observation is that it is THE main message behind this series, from its name "BLACK MIRROR' to the season finale of season 4 "BLACK MUSEUM" , all the standard white supremacist hollywood codes are strictly adhered to
a.black people bodies being used as guinea pigs for white medical/technological advancements

b. emasculated black males in ALL aspects of life (in season 4 the black guy who marries the white women who gets hit by a car twice has to make the most important decision of his life and twice he's overruled by the women in his life)

c. black women lusting for white men and being treated a just sluts that you fukk and move on from
d. the promotion of AFFLUENT/RICH/RESOURCEFUL black people having mullatoe kids with white people ( this is like how whites infused their genetics with the non-white people in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia , Brazil etc , eventually they encourage the light skinned mullattoes who look or can pass for white to also procreate with white people, within 3-4 generations they have not only infused their recessive genes with black ones, they also boost the population numbers of the overall white population.
Again please note that these so called interracial couples are promoted in controlled white environments and the black person is always a minority.

d. black people sacrificing their lives and overall well being to protect or save a white person's life, even white strangers for no reason whatsoever

The racist codes go on and on and on and on. The racism in Black Mirror redundant, subtle at times and ubiquitous. :francis:

i got more observations but i don't wanna get too long winded, I highly suggest the COWS episode breaking down this programme.

Peace from South Africa.

Can't wait to listen

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Just watching the first episode..heard of the show so said fukk it..

A PIG?

fukkery already and i'm not even 5minutes into the show..:mjlol:

q05Aaw3.gif
Episode 3 is GMB in televisiom form.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This show is just trash to me I always thought it was over hyped but after this dog episode I might be out for the season.

I forgot to watch the last episode of the season and watched it before I started this and the difference is huge.

Watched everything but Uss Callister

Ranking-

Metalhead- loved it, intense as hell. It was like a futuristic Halloween movie and the minimalist aspect was cool.

Hang the DJ- like a better, easier to follow San Junipero.

Crocodile

Arkangel

Black Museum- I liked the three story idea and the setup, but none of the stories were that good.

You owe it to yourself to watch USS Calister. Not gonna lie I waited until the end to watch it because it thought it was gonna have that same tone throughout the episode. My girl was looking at me like :martin: "What the hell do you have me watching?" I then was gonna watch it by myself but when it switched to the office setting I told her to come back and finish it with me.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This is very sad to read and precisely why this world will go into ruin. I will never value a computer over an actual human. Sentient? :mjlol:

:ohreallynow:

Nah buddy, it will go into ruin when fakkits make self-aware AI, treat it like shyt, and wanna go :whoa: when it rebels. Daly was in major violation for creating that kind of coding so he deserved to die off GP for that shyt. I'm not siding with the codes over humanity, just against Daly

Ask about me breh, I got posts around going in on Hosts, Geths, and Cylons.

About my Mass Effect 3 canon ending

:russ: First time around I didn't have enough points so I threw Legion in the bushes. Hate it had to be him but Organics >>>>>>>>

When a breh checked me for siding with the humans on Westworld

Ohh we got a cylon over here. :mjpls:

:skip: fukk them hosts, b. They're supposed to be toys to entertain and tools to help the human race nothing more. Throw the dumbass that made them "self-aware" in the bushes. Not helping at all :camby: I'd take the flawed humans any day.

When a poster said Legion had a soul

:spikeusalty: No he doesn't. Geth are man-made tools. Destruction is my canon ending, breh. All them shyts should be scrapheap. Organics should be able to ascend without having to create "self-aware" AI.

The only time where I sided with non-humans in this sci-fi shyt was in War Of The Planets...

When a breh mentioned he always sides with the opressed.

That's usually the case for me but not when it's machines. I don't care what the fukk happened I'll always be pro-human/organic when it comes to self-aware AI. :dame:

Where were you when brehs were giving me the :mjpls: for all that?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:ohreallynow:

Nah buddy, it will go into ruin when fakkits make self-aware AI, treat it like shyt, and wanna go :whoa: when it rebels. Daly was in major violation for creating that kind of coding so he deserved to die off GP for that shyt. I'm not siding with the codes over humanity, just against Daly

Ask about me breh, I got posts around going in on Hosts, Geths, and Cylons.

About my Mass Effect 3 canon ending

When a breh checked me for siding with the humans on Westworld

When a poster said Legion had a soul

The only time where I sided with non-humans in this sci-fi shyt was in War Of The Planets...

When a breh mentioned he always sides with the opressed.

Where were you when brehs were giving me the :mjpls: for all that?

I see you understand the bigger picture, good work breh :obama:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I see you understand the bigger picture, good work breh :obama:

:myman: Trust me, I'm consistent with this shyt. I like technological progress but working on self-aware AI should be considered crimes against humanity.

You watch that Netflix show Travelers? Teams of humans coming from the future on the orders of a super AI computer set to save humanity :picard: I can't help but agree with the villain on that show who feels that these dudes need to start thinking for themselves.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I had to rank them I’d say
1. USS Callister
2. Black Museum
3. Hang the DJ
4. Arkangel
5. Crocodile
6. Metalhead

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The Space Fleet episode...instant classic. Great storytelling, great plot, great execution.

That episode was bittersweet only because after it ended I immediately wanted more...

The cast was dope and so was the premise...

Wish somebody made that into a real series somehow :mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm debating if this makes my #10 spot for TV this year. Right now its in my HM

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
USS Callister was dope. This season didnt have that one, 10/10 all tine classic episode, but all 6 were good imo. Good season.