Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Brehs I just watched season 1 episode 1 and this shyt is pure fukkERY :mjlol: What a first episode :russ:

After I watched that, I didn't watch another episode for over two years.
Now, I always tell anyone starting the show to start with the 3rd episode and watch the first season backwards. Not that The National Anthem episode is bad, it's just a little...extreme...to start out with :mindblown:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
After I watched that, I didn't watch another episode for over two years.
Now, I always tell anyone starting the show to start with the 3rd episode and watch the first season backwards. Not that The National Anthem episode is bad, it's just a little...extreme...to start out with :mindblown:
Yeah, I prolly shoulda done it like that. I'm watching the second episode now with the dude from Get Out and it's underwhelming cuz...I mean coming off of that episode is just:mindblown:. You need some time to come down from it lmao

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't know it was that one fine black chick from Game of thrones in that one episode :ehh:

She's beautiful man... Didn't even recognize her especially with the hair and no accent.

Sad episode though... Good af though.

I love how these episodes can either end sad, good/great (the wedding episode/star trek parody/black museum) or just completely fukked up.

But there is literally always a twist to these shyts. Like unexpected af twists

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I've missed some episodes. I skipped the episode with the giant spider tho I don't watch those.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
This show is just trash to me I always thought it was over hyped but after this dog episode I might be out for the season.

I forgot to watch the last episode of the season and watched it before I started this and the difference is huge.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
latest

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
Just ran through season 1 I’m ready to burn through all the episodes now

Episode 3 and 1 :wow:

2 was underwhelming to me

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
so y'all would be marching outside his office with signs that said "codes are people too"? They should get all the rights and opportunities as humans? What if those codes want to be downloaded into robots/androids and recognized as equal to humans? What if those codes/robots rebel and decide to terminate all organic lifeforms on some Terminator shyt? Or they hunt down anyone with too high a score on GTA/Call of Duty because they shot so many of their fellow codes? What side are you on then? The story was written clearly to root for the girl/codes against the boss, but in doing so people are really siding with technology over humanity. This is just a show and all hypotheticals, but a society that sees codes and humans as equals and the ramifications of that are scary to think of.
They are humans. Hence why they have a human rights code that requires all AI to receive 5 senses.

If there is a singular line of reason from episode 1 to black museum it's that the human conscious/psyche is life. The grain is indistinguishable from "reality". San Junipero puts to the rest the argument that a human body is needed. White Bear and White Christmas put to end the idea that mental imprisonment is "more humane" than the current penal code.

What the CTO was doing was absolutely no different than current forms of torture. He knew that as the human rights law had already been established.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
so y'all would be marching outside his office with signs that said "codes are people too"? They should get all the rights and opportunities as humans? What if those codes want to be downloaded into robots/androids and recognized as equal to humans? What if those codes/robots rebel and decide to terminate all organic lifeforms on some Terminator shyt? Or they hunt down anyone with too high a score on GTA/Call of Duty because they shot so many of their fellow codes? What side are you on then? The story was written clearly to root for the girl/codes against the boss, but in doing so people are really siding with technology over humanity. This is just a show and all hypotheticals, but a society that sees codes and humans as equals and the ramifications of that are scary to think of.

They are humans. Hence why they have a human rights code that requires all AI to receive 5 senses.

If there is a singular line of reason from episode 1 to black museum it's that the human conscious/psyche is life. The grain is indistinguishable from "reality". San Junipero puts to the rest the argument that a human body is needed. White Bear and White Christmas put to end the idea that mental imprisonment is "more humane" than the current penal code.

What the CTO was doing was absolutely no different than current forms of torture. He knew that as the human rights law had already been established.
I don't think humans are all that special, I mean we are but we aren't.

Outside of our own personal bias why should a chimpanzees life hold less value than any random human being? Both are products of the same process of evolution.

You may say that because we're more intelligent then that alone makes our lives more important. And by saying that you're basically acknowledging that you feel mentally or intellectually handicapped people's lives are more expendable.

At the very core of it all we're nothing more than an organic computer. One that can trace it's origins back to RNA, bacteria and single celled organisms.

And through those simple life forms our brains would arise.

Limiting artificial consciousness to simply "code" would be equivalent to simplifying humans to "organic gooey stuff" imo and is very narcissistic.

But after centuries of mythology and religion programming us to feel special and unique I guess it's a predictable response.

Last edited: