Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Just finished watching, amazing season :wow:

All the episodes were excellent, except for Arkangel which just was okay :ehh:

My only complaint is I wish Metalhead had more of a backstory.

The twist at the end of Black Museum :ooh:
naw Metalhead was perfect. Had a Twilight zone vibe to it where they characters start in the middle of something and you dont find out whats the backstory till the very end

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm in the 5th episode. As far as I'm concerned it's all splendid so far...
I'm convinced most of you are nostalgic about a 1 or 2 episodes in the previous seasons that it overwhelms your thought process.

In my opinion

Season 1 was spectacular but it was new so that's the bias
Season 2 had 2 good episodes
Season 3 had 4 good episodes
So far season 4 based on what I've seen has 3 good episodes and I'm just starting episode 5

Edit:episode 5 is good also. That makes 4 good episodes. Wonderful suspense throughout.

Edit: episode 6 is amazing.

Officially the best season 5 good episodes excluding episode 2 imo
This is super flawed thinking. The first 2 seasons were only 3 episodes each.

Netflix lists the christmas episode as a 4th ep of S2 but really it was an in between thing. 2 good out of 3 is the same % as 4 good out of 6.

I like all 6 episodes but they weren't as strong as the best eps of previous seasons. Plus the seams started to show a bit with every ep having a device on the head. Black Museum felt series finale-ish

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Which I why I'm glad they killed him. If he would have lived then he would have went and got new DNA from his coworkers...This works because they have no idea what's going on in the digital world.

so you're happy a human being died so he wouldn't program more codes? :what: that's what you're really saying. dude was creepy as fukk and morally repulsive but he did nothing worthy of death.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I'm not watching these in order but instead in the genre's I like the least to the most (I was told to watch black museum last tho so I will)...so far I can only say I really liked crocodile and arkangel. Metalhead was meh and hang the dj was ass (saw that ending coming instantly plus I didn't like how the woman was such a whore for cacs)....bout to watch USS and then black museum.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
so you're happy a human being died so he wouldn't program more codes? :what: that's what you're really saying. dude was creepy as fukk and morally repulsive but he did nothing worthy of death.

Nah, I'm with @Mr Hate Coffee fukk him. Watching Black Museum reinforces my thoughts on that. Don't care if dude was torturing code, it was sentient and based of human conscience. Hope his body rots in that chair.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
This is super flawed thinking. The first 2 seasons were only 3 episodes each.
precisely why i said that the first season had the initial bias of being new:stopitslime:

Netflix lists the christmas episode as a 4th ep of S2 but really it was an in between thing. 2 good out of 3 is the same % as 4 good out of 6.
doesnt matter...we will give more credence to the season with more episodes if they have the same % due to the inherent difficulty in shooting more scenes, more complexity etc

I like all 6 episodes but they weren't as strong as the best eps of previous seasons. Plus the seams started to show a bit with every ep having a device on the head. Black Museum felt series finale-ish
depends...specify the episodes. maybe one or two in each of the previous season would have been that good but this season still beats them all on average:wtb:

answers in bold

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I've watched the first 2 of the new season and haven't been impressed so far.

Everybody in the black mirror universe are master level cat burglars and there's an epidemic of people not having peripheral vision apparently so far.

Edit- I completely forgot about that angel bullshyt it was so unforgettable and I only watched it two days ago :mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
If he lived, he would have been VERY pissed off when he got out of the game. So what does he do next? He takes new samples of his coworkers and goes even HARDER on them. The only way to resolve the story was for him to die.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Nah, I'm with @Mr Hate Coffee fukk him. Watching Black Museum reinforces my thoughts on that. Don't care if dude was torturing code, it was sentient and based of human conscience. Hope his body rots in that chair.
If he lived, he would have been VERY pissed off when he got out of the game. So what does he do next? He takes new samples of his coworkers and goes even HARDER on them. The only way to resolve the story was for him to die.
so y'all would be marching outside his office with signs that said "codes are people too"? They should get all the rights and opportunities as humans? What if those codes want to be downloaded into robots/androids and recognized as equal to humans? What if those codes/robots rebel and decide to terminate all organic lifeforms on some Terminator shyt? Or they hunt down anyone with too high a score on GTA/Call of Duty because they shot so many of their fellow codes? What side are you on then? The story was written clearly to root for the girl/codes against the boss, but in doing so people are really siding with technology over humanity. This is just a show and all hypotheticals, but a society that sees codes and humans as equals and the ramifications of that are scary to think of.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

When they started making the blackmail phonecall, I thought they might be tying it in to "Shut Up and Dance".

Other than going as far as actually letting him die, another good ending would be if the crew of the USS Callister hides out in the gigantic "Infinity" game universe and uses it as a base to make the "Shut Up and Dance" blackmail calls. They get a bunch of dirt on Daly and use it to torment him (and maybe get him to give them upgrades in the game world). But that ending might not be dark enough for Black Mirror.