Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The teddy bears they were trying to get in metalhead were filled with human consciousness right? :patrice:

Anyways, this season was ok. Nothing amazing besides The first episode and And the maybe the dating APP episode depending how you take it.

The scariest/most interesting thing about Black Mirror is that people are probably out there trying to create the same technology in each episode or it’s not far away.... if it’s even possible.

It’s like a warning to or a reflection on our society. I can respect that:hubie:

But they’re definitely running out of ideas. I’m pretty sure they copied from “Get Out” with the shared consciousnesses story in Black Museum :manny:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First Episode: 10/10, top three Black Mirror episode

Second Episode: 8/10, cool idea, some of the execution was a little off

Third Episode: 8.5/10 I really enjoyed it for the most part, had an old school British psychological thriller feel to it and the way it was shot was beautiful. The two leads were excellent. However the ending was kind of lame and the main character's actions/motivations are all a bit random.

Fourth Episode: 8/10 TBH I'm not big on happy Black Mirror episodes, but I enjoyed this a lot more than Sun Junipero.

Fifth Episode: 6/10 Bit of a nothing episode really. No reason for it to be black and white. Might have worked if she was being chased by something really terrifying/interesting and not a metal dog. The metal dogs were shoehorned in there to justify it as sci-fi, when clearly it wasn't a real sci-fi episode. Not bad in anyway but pretty pointless.

Sixth Episode: 5/10 Outside of the performances of the leads, didn't like it. The three stories just aren't very interesting (besides maybe the middle one), almost all the characters are unlikeable and uninteresting (besides the husband in the second story). I liked the female lead though, hope to see her in more movies/tv.

All in all, 8/10 season, with a slight drop off in quality in comparison to the third season. I do wonder if Brooker might just drop the program and do something else non-sci fi based.

niguez

All Star
Daps
Third Episode: 8.5/10 I really enjoyed it for the most part, had an old school British psychological thriller feel to it and the way it was shot was beautiful. The two leads were excellent. However the ending was kind of lame and the main character's actions/motivations are all a bit random.

Fourth Episode: 8/10 TBH I'm not big on happy Black Mirror episodes, but I enjoyed this a lot more than Sun Junipero.

Fifth Episode: 6/10 Bit of a nothing episode really. No reason for it to be black and white. Might have worked if she was being chased by something really terrifying/interesting and not a metal dog. The metal dogs were shoehorned in there to justify it as sci-fi, when clearly it wasn't a real sci-fi episode. Not bad in anyway but pretty pointless.

Sixth Episode: 5/10 Outside of the performances of the leads, didn't like it. The three stories just aren't very interesting (besides maybe the middle one), almost all the characters are unlikeable and uninteresting (besides the husband in the second story). I liked the female lead though, hope to see her in more movies/tv.

All in all, 8/10 season, with a slight drop off in quality in comparison to the third season. I do wonder if Brooker might just drop the program and do something else non-sci fi based.

Hit it on the head. Black Museum wasn't that great in terms of the stories, which are just rehashed ideas from the first 3 seasons. First one was the best and yes. top 3 in BM overall

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The teddy bears they were trying to get in metalhead were filled with human consciousness right? :patrice:

Anyways, this season was ok. Nothing amazing besides The first episode and And the maybe the dating APP episode depending how you take it.

The scariest/most interesting thing about Black Mirror is that people are probably out there trying to create the same technology in each episode or it’s not far away.... if it’s even possible.

It’s like a warning to or a reflection on our society. I can respect that:hubie:

But they’re definitely running out of ideas. I’m pretty sure they copied from “Get Out” with the shared consciousnesses story in Black Museum :manny:
If Black Museum came before Metalhead, maybe but there’s really nothing to suggest that.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
RE Metalhead

If Black Museum came before Metalhead, maybe but there’s really nothing to suggest that.

I think its more likely that
the DOGS were filled with human consciousness.
The entire world (or at least the part of the world that they're in) has been destroyed, and we see at the end that there are dozens or hundreds of dogs running around killing everything in sight. If this is the same timeline as the other episodes, it probably takes place chronologically after Black Museum. Even if the dogs only took over Britain, the owner of the Black Museum didn't act like the girl visitor was a refugee when she said she was British.

How crazy would it have been if when the dog got hit with a shotgun, it had a screaming souvenir keychain inside its head?

One of the running plotlines that crosses multiple episodes is the history of the rights of "Cookies" in this universe.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RE Metalhead

I think its more likely that
the DOGS were filled with human consciousness.
The entire world (or at least the part of the world that they're in) has been destroyed, and we see at the end that there are dozens or hundreds of dogs running around killing everything in sight. If this is the same timeline as the other episodes, it probably takes place chronologically after Black Museum. Even if the dogs only took over Britain, the owner of the Black Museum didn't act like the girl visitor was a refugee when she said she was British.

How crazy would it have been if when the dog got hit with a shotgun, it had a screaming souvenir keychain inside its head?

One of the running plotlines that crosses multiple episodes is the history of the rights of "Cookies" in this universe.

I just figured the Dogs were Drones controlled by someone. I think the dogs would've had some speaking mechanism or intelligence if it actually had human thinking.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was BUGGED tho..

imagine seeing your kids EVERY MOVEMENTS

There were a lot of interesting themes, but the episode doesn't explore them well at all. The first half of the episode implies that the daughter is having psychological issues because of the Arkangel's filter (like when she doesn't understand that her grandfather is having a heart attack right in front of her, or when she keeps stabbing herself with the pencil because she can't see blood). But the mother turns the Arkangel off after this, so by the time the daughter is a teenager, that subplot is gone, and she's just a regular rebellious teenage girl.

A big part of the problem is almost the entire episode is told through the mother's perspective, which also hurts the narrative because, while she comes across as overbearing and overprotective, she ultimately means well. So the climactic scene where the daughter breaks the Arkangel and runs away has much less impact.

If we saw the daughter still struggling with empathy, emotions, pleasure and pain stemming from years of being filtered by the Arkangel's filter, her need to break away from her mother would have been far more justified.

But instead we just get an overbearing mother story, which is why the episode plays like a shytty sci -fi lifetime movie.

Not to mention it goes out of its way to portray the mother as a horrible bytch when the only reason she turned the Arkangel back on was because the daughter lied to her and stayed out doing drugs and having sex, which most parents would have a problem with their 15- year - old doing.

"Arkangel" is some straight up white people shyt because that episode is portrayed entirely differently with any non-white family.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why aint nunna y'all tell me this was comin out !!!!!
full

Episode 1 and its already turnin tf up !!! :ohlawd:

USS Callister ! This CAC is CRAZY :damn:
But would yall do what he doing tho? :sas2:

I aint finish yet :lupe: so imma be back :mjgrin:

EDIT
Episode 1: :whew: I like that lead actress. She put in work. Mad solid. Cool world they created there but if anyone can do what that dood did keep me the hell away from it :whoa:

Episode 2: Way different tone, but kinda important episode. Boy don't my parents wish they had that sht:snoop:lord knows it fukkn felt like it smh
I would create that first world but it would be mostly a sex simulator. Yeah he was pretty nice then what he could have been doing.