Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
USS callister 8/10
I thought it was a pretty dope story on npc revenge, but damn dude was a walking L to the very end. Buddy got shytted on constantly in the real world only have some npc murk you lol.

IMO he deserved it.
He lost my sympathy when I saw that he was snatching DNA without consent especially when he did it to the new girl that actually treated him with respect. He let the folks around him turn him to shyt and ironically his shytty actions turned the personalities of the NPCs he created out of them into decent people :mjlol: I'm glad dude will expire in his chair before anybody can find him.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I finished this last night, thoughts on the final three episodes:

Hang the DJ - I liked this episode. Felt like it was really trying to be San Junipero, but it was fun, and a nice change of pace from some of the other bleak, depressing episodes in the season. Not too much to say about it.

Metalhead - This seems to be a divisive episode, but I enjoyed it. The dogs looked creepy and they were menacing as hell. I would’ve liked to have known more about the world outside of the plot, as there are plenty of questions that the episode raised. But on its own, I enjoyed it.

Black Museum - Really felt and looked like a Tales from the Crypt, which I quite enjoyed. The first story within the episode was hit or miss, but the final two were intriguing enough and the twist at the end was pulled off well.

All in all meh season. Plenty of average-good episodes, but nothing really worth a rewatch for me outside of Black Museum.

IAmListenin'

Rookie
Daps
I just figured the Dogs were Drones controlled by someone. I think the dogs would've had some speaking mechanism or intelligence if it actually had human thinking.

They were initially supposed to be, but it was cut out.

You never filled in questions such as: How did the robots take over? Is anybody controlling them? Did you figure that out and is there any backstory you can share?
We sort of deliberately decided not to flesh out a lot of the backstory. Originally in my first draft, we also showed a human operator operating the dog robot from across the ocean at his house. There was a bit I liked where he leaves the [control unit] while the robot is watching her while she’s up in the tree and he goes and gives his kids a bath. But it felt a bit weird and too on-the-nose. It kind of felt superfluous. We deliberately pared it back and did a very simple story.
link

Daps
On Episode 5 now. So far I would rank it 3>4>1>2. I didn't really care much for 2 at all as I thought it was boring as hell. 3 was the most suspenseful and 4 and 1 was the most creative and and 4 was the most shocking from what I have seen so far.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched the 2nd ep....shyt was cool until....

She tried to beat her mom to death with an Ipad or whatever the fukk. Not sure where they were going with that.

I was hoping the ep was they accidentally created a sociopath because she had no baseline for what's considered normal, good, or bad. It would've been better than what we got. :yeshrug:

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The lead in Episode 3 was even worse than the lead in Episode 1 :damn::damn::damn:

So, you're saying a
Person on a killing spree eliminating all witnesses including little babies
is worse than a
Loser who is really mean to his AI video game characters and steals lollipops but never actually hurt anyone in the real world (other than being a "starer")
?

I think I would agree.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Season is wack fam

Episode 1 was cool.

2 damn near put me to sleep. That's a big ass 15 year old. Plus it played out in the most boring fashion possible. Thought it would be about censorship which is a dope concept but nah.

3 was just :martin:

Gotta finish the rest but man. Can't even call it rose tinted glasses or whatever the fukk because I watched Season 3 for the first time last week and that killed all this bullshyt.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Overall 2 good episodes, 1 decent one, and 3 trash episodes. It's got a good season if half of the season is garbage.

To be fair, Season 2 had 3 episodes (not counting White Christmas, which was great).
I would rate "Be Right Back" and the most boring of all Black Mirror Episodes. It's the ONLY episode that was a struggle for me to finish.
"White Bear" was great, 9/10
Lots of people thing "The Waldo Moment" was garbage. I wouldn't go that far, but maybe 6/10.

So Season 2 had 1 great episode, one trash episode, and one substandard episode.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Watched the 2nd ep....shyt was cool until....

She tried to beat her mom to death with an Ipad or whatever the fukk. Not sure where they were going with that.

I was hoping the ep was they accidentally created a sociopath because she had no baseline for what's considered normal, good, or bad. It would've been better than what we got. :yeshrug:

Fred.
:heh: I mean to be fair
Her mom did involuntarily induce an abortion. The daughter spazzing out isn't all that crazy, it's just the execution that's severely off.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Finally finished it.

The two standouts to me were the first episode and the last. With "Hang the DJ" coming in third. Everything between those were just okay, nothing was terrible imo.

I'm assuming this was the general consensus, no?

My current top 3 episodes of the entire series stands as

1. San Junipero
2. U.S.S Callister
3. Black Museum

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Yeah I had to look at myself when I thought he was not that bad when he took away there genitals.
That’s what got you?

:dahell:
So, you're saying a
Person on a killing spree eliminating all witnesses including little babies
is worse than a
Loser who is really mean to his AI video game characters and steals lollipops but never actually hurt anyone in the real world (other than being a "starer")
?

I think I would agree.

:shaq2: Try to play me like episode 1 don’t come before episode 3 brehs

Imma give you the benefit of the doubt but that tone seemed a lil stank :usure:

Episode 5 Metalhead I couldnt wait to be over good lord. Fell asleep and was revived only to endure more :hhh: the interaction with the drone dog was A1 special effects tho. What was the moral here? I shoulda did what breh said earlier and skipped it no more than ten minutes in

Episode 6 was dope how they implemented several stories for the one, prob trashed ideas that they couldn't or didn't complete for whatever reason, the core story I didnt really care about but overall I love the message most, probably of any BM episode, because it kind of attacks the viewer for enjoying the show itself.:ohhh: Atleast thats what I took away from it. It really could be looked at a standalone who's commentary does not stretch so far.

Season was iight overall. I did enjoy about half of the eps and the rest kind of coasted on the name value. Would look forward to what they may have in store in the future and the possibility of them revisiting worlds and characters from previous eps if they so choose to go that direction. Open to knockoffs and biters too. The world could use some more anthology style shows:ehh:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
USS Callister
Black Museum
Hang the DJ
Arkangel
Crocodile

getting rid of Netflix and throwing my TV in the trash

Meathead