Black/Minority Women Goin' Against White Feminists On Twitter :lupe:

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This could have been a good thread, but looks like it was derailed and killed all good possible debate.

Anyway, I'll still add in my two cents. On the topic of Black women seemingly being asked to choose to fight sexism or racism first or second, I hope more and more Black women take the approach to laugh at the ridiculousness of the request. It is a tactic used to purposefully play on Black women's sensibilities employed by both white women and Black men so that we can put our unique issues on the backburner and dedicate all our efforts to issues that would address all of their issues, but neglect huge parts of ours. If today racism ends, I will still have to deal with men, even those of my own race, dictating to me my my natural inferiority, assessing my value according to standards that only benefit them, and operating under a unique threat of violence/social ostracism if I don't abide by those standards. And if sexism were to end today, I would still have to deal with white folks' prejudice keeping me from economic opportunities, using resources to paint me in a negative light so that all others view me with suspicious as well, and even putting my life in danger.

I'm a Black woman. There is no separating that into pieces. I cannot choose to only be Black or only be female for a second. I face racism because I am Black, I face sexism because I am a woman. I even face racialized sexism. To tell me to compartmentalize myself for someone else's benefit is some tripe that Black women have swallowed for too long, and really gotten us nowhere.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I don't care too much for intersectionality theory, I find its far too simplistic and one-sided a model to use for complex "grey" dynamics. It's too black-and-white in its interpretation of societal hierarchies.

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Yall need to listen to this:
Tariq Nasheed: Debates A Black Feminist

Tariq is spittin some real shyt

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Black males do have male privilege, this is especially true in corporate America and male dominated fields. No you don't see tons of hedge funds or private equity partners being black men, but they're there, women are a rare minority but Asian and white women are there - black women? It ain't even a possibility in the more established funds. I won't underestimate the societal pressures y'all deal with, but when you get out of the financially disadvantaged portion of black society, black males have more mobility and simply an easier time being taken seriously in academia and the workplace.

Do you have any data and/or articles backing this up? Not trying to be dismissive or come at you sideways but every Economist I have read who writes on the subject of race and labor/economic mobility put forward evidence pointing to the exact opposite.

Singh

All Star
Daps
Jesus fukking christ I was waiting for this moment to happen (and didn't even know it)

I remember back when I was @ San Jose State in my last semester (Sept 2012) chopping it up wit this punjabi hoe named Priya that was a-part of this feminist empowerment club. I tried to just be on some koo game shyt and she would hit me with "women get no respect from guys like you & we don't make as much money as men in the occupational field, all men included indian are garbage, you have clue about the trials and tribulations females go through in this world".

I would chop it up with her on the semi-regular just killing time b4 classes & shyt and i found out she came up in a village in punjab not too far off from where I lived. Back when dudes had to go to the dirty river to get water to boil just so we had clean shyt to sip on and etc growin' up in the fukkin dirt stories type shyt. She knew what was up but she hung around these feminist broads.

I swear to god all of these feminist girls she rolled with (White/Black/Asian/Latin) had a certified simp of simps borderline homosexual boyfriend or husband that bowed down to them and they still shytted on those dudes.

Irony was that the broads that were her "feminist" role models and club LEADERS were white UPPPER CLASS women. that she followed and mimicked.

For whatever reason I never had the idea in my head to point out to her that she wasn't fukking WHITE
& never fukking will be no matter how acculturated, americanized institutionalized and whatever she will try to become bish your just a added accessory to a white woman who has and always will be above you.

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Trying to use stats that show us making more money does not tell the real story of what is really going on.
Yes if your a black man with a good job you're most likely going to make more money then the avg black woman,
but the fact is black men with good jobs are the minorty not the majorty. While the number of black women with ok jobs beats out the number of black men with ok jobs.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a woman before I'm Black but I will not let anyone disrespect my good black guys..not nikkas..but my young Black men, I wont let nikkas diss them, white women, even my fellow sistas.I stay checking my friends for liking no good thug nikkas:demonic: and putting down the real brothas who are going somewhere.

Shout out brothas I got yo back :lawd::salute:

You're/we're black before you're/we are women. When two black people procreate, the gender is uncertain, but we know it will be black.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aa was created for white women in the first place! no one mentions this!

Not to mention, welfare was also only made available for white people.

I get mad when whites call them mexicans and natives illegals. You came over hear on a damn boat and stole everything. You're illegal!

Or white people afraid to becoming minorities. They were in the minority when they first arrived here. :leon:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another problem with white feminist is that they are the desired women, therefore they just get to chase men. WOC have to work for jobs, respect, etc even down to cars. By 35 society does not care if WOC is not married but white women are as bausra by 35 if they are not married. White Feminism is superficial on some level.

I actually think its the opposite. There are always articles about unmarried WOC/BW percentages statistics and the reason for it, but with WW its on some 'the emphasis on how many women are married and not men is sexist' (which is while true, but solely focuses on WW).

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
People calling others out about not acknowledging their privilege when those same people don't have the guts to acknowledge that they are privileged as well...the audacity.

Also some of you need to read on and try to understand the concept of intersectionality and interlocking systems of oppression. You can't really tell someone else how they should disentangle their identity, especially when context is so important.

This thread took a nose dive. Not coming back.

Get back in here Ma :youngsabo: