Black Men need to "Man-Up", mentor these lil nigglets out chea.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
So the new story will be that the only nikkas leaving their kids are thugs that had signs on their foreheads that they'd leave if the chick gets pregnant. This coming from a bunch of cats who say they aren't thugs but hold viewpoints about kids and family life that show they'd probably leave as well :pachaha:

You nikkas will say anything to not hold other nikkas accountable for being fukk ups, the shyt baffles me

exactly :heh:

:mindblown:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
In her new article for Rolling Out, Yvette Caslin calls on more black men to step up and be an active presence in the lives of young black boys.

We know the stats and we’ve heard the anecdotes—70% of our kids are born to unwed parents—but that doesn’t tell the whole story. While there are scores of involved and dedicated black men who step up and take on the daunting task of being a parent (no matter their marital status), there are others who shirk responsibility and leave their children on the sideline while they move on with their lives.

And it is precisely this breakdown that has had a negative impact on so many young men and women in our communities.

Caslin breaks it down:

The school-to-prison pipeline for African American males is not just propaganda. According to new data released by the U.S. Department of Education this spring, “African-American students, particularly males, are far more likely to be suspended or expelled from school than their peers.”

The statistics are disheartening because there are many officials and educators, and a plethora of research, that supports that this disparity is not based on or related to “differential bad behavior” but to “differential responses” from the educational system.

You know the saying, when a door closes, a window opens. In this case, the alienation from school opens a window of opportunity for our young black men to often end up on the wrong side of the law and land in prison. Our young black men are “at risk” and three times more likely to be incarcerated than non-African American males. And that’s a fact.

Caslin highlights the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in Atlanta and points out that of the 455 children waiting to be matched with mentors, 95-percent were male and 77-percent were black. So what’s the hold up? The Big Brothers Big Sisters programs says they need more African-American male mentors to volunteer.

While Caslin focuses on Atlanta, I’m sure mentoring programs in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, New Orleans, Houston, and other metropolitan areas have similar numbers. And one thing is clear: more black men need to get involved.

Inside and outside of the home black women are stepping up to parent, teach, and mentor children, but we can’t do it alone. More black men need to join the ranks of teachers, mentors, coaches, and community leaders if we are going to help our young people avoid the traps that are ready and waiting to swallow them whole.
real sad to read

lets build each other, than tear each other.

do for self, do for all.

if they lack focus/ambition/drive and they get in the wrong, the next they on TV for something negative on the new...every person bears that responsibility because they are associated by color, in the weak western world

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
3 good black men for every 100 black women :mjpls:

whereareallthegoodsingleblackmen.jpg
:whoo: Hold the fukk up

Did that graphic just say that 70% of interracial relationships are between black men and white women :wtf:

So much bullshyt I can attack in that graphic, but I digress :wow:

All these articles are "Black Men Ain't shyt" articles on the low

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
I'm all for mentoring but this is a problem that has permeated all income levels of black culture. You guys are only talking about hoodrats when there just as many college educated single mothers and daddies. If you were born after 1980 there was probably a 44 percent chance you grew up with both parents in your house. That number has dropped to 30 percent today. So you think about 2030 when these kids turn 18.

We haven't seen the worst yet.

55% percent in Chicago are felons? All them lives in the bushes smh.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
And I'm not absolving the dead beats of all responsibility but the dead beats never have a shortage of black women.

If a hole in the wall Mom and Pop Shop with roaches and rats is out selling the Wal-Mart down the street, do you honestly think the dirty shop owner is going to take advice from the guy who owns the Wal-Mart?

Hell no. He'll say the same thing the hood nikkas will, "I'm putting in less effort to better myself and keep my store clean and maintained, and I'm still outselling you. Why would I listen to you? shyt, I'm not only getting more customers than you, but I'm also getting the best quality costumers. I'm getting the customers that you WANT. Why should I listen to you?"

As long as being a "Real nikka" is in-style those dumb hood nikkas will NEVER listen to the educated men about "bettering themselves." NEVER. UNDERSTAND THAT shyt.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
:whoo: Hold the fukk up

Did that graphic just say that 70% of interracial relationships are between black men and white women :wtf:

So much bullshyt I can attack in that graphic, but I digress :wow:

All these articles are "Black Men Ain't shyt" articles on the low

lets get to choppin these fables :wow:

theGoldmangod

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That being said, I don't think anyone even argues that these men need to straighten up, but the reality of it all is that women have to be held to a higher standard because the consequences are greater for them if things don't work out. Like it or not, she will suffer the brunt of the consequneces with an unplanned pregnancy. Debating otherwise is simply wishing for a perfect world.

:stopitslime:

If the only black men with the mentality to leave their kids are thugs like you cats pretend, how the fukk do women bear a greater consequence when a thugs greatest prospect is death or jail?

nikkas can't even keep they lies straight :heh:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
interesting how Liggins is quiet as a mouse in this thread. only threads calling out the male half of the community bring out the "fury" it seems. i wonder why that is... :mjpls:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I mentor youths that are locked up in the Harris County Juvenile Justice system, it's a rewarding experience. I'm the only black person in the program. The majority of the other people are old white men. These boys need positive black men in their lives :yeshrug:

awready bro i mentor in dallas :obama: definitely rewardin. i wish more would join. i try to encourage nikkas but so many are on the same shyt alotta people here are... "i aint handlin somebody else's responsibility :childplease:" etc. brehs if you gon take that position then don't ever say shyt about slavery and racism or whatever else no more. matta fact just go ahead and vote romney cuz you basically on the same shyt. whats the chances ya'll are democrats and expect the government to do shyt about social inequality? but don't wanna do shyt yourself :dead:

thats not to say i don't agree with yall on women though... its a two sided issue. women gotta start steppin up just like the men. that point aint made enough

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I'm not absolving the dead beats of all responsibility but the dead beats never have a shortage of black women.

:ohlawd: exactly. imma use a personal example, there's a dude that sells dvds at a gas station near me. i forgot how the convo came up but he has 8 kids :why: i'm like how many different women??? ALL OF THEM.

i'm thinking to myself, how does a guy sellin dvds for a living find 8 different women to procreate with. then to keep it 100%, one of his baby mommas rolled up and she was fine :whew:

makes me wonder if our women are criminally retarded or just taking advantage of the system whites have provided to them

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And I'm not absolving the dead beats of all responsibility
Lets say you were the owner of a fortune 500 company and one day you walked in a McDonald's and saw a nice man who took your order. you were impressed because you liked how he carried himself so you made him an offer to run your entire company off that alone no real interview process or nothing just on the spot.

if he takes that job and runs your company into the ground is he really responsible? he was exactly who he was. you made him a CEO. you walk up to any guy on the street and offer him a multi-million paying position and he's likely gonna take it. doesn't mean he's cut out for the job. if you do the hiring its your job to make sure the person you hire can handle the job and whatever potential responsibilities that job might bring.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I'm all for mentoring but this is a problem that has permeated all income levels of black culture. You guys are only talking about hoodrats when there just as many college educated single mothers and daddies. If you were born after 1980 there was probably a 44 percent chance you grew up with both parents in your house. That number has dropped to 30 percent today. So you think about 2030 when these kids turn 18.

We haven't seen the worst yet.

55% percent in Chicago are felons? All them lives in the bushes smh.

But that's what we're trying to say breh :mindblown:, You right it ain't just hoodrats going out here getting pregnant becoming single mothers but it's also the college educated ones.

That's why I :rudy: @ black women saying only hoodrats do this because it's college educated women too.

The only single mothers that are acceptable are divorced women, and widowed women.

I've seen some of the most brightest and sweetest of Black Women get caught up with the wrong dude despite people telling her to leave him. And she'll still stay with him and get knocked up. It's not until they get knocked up that they realize what's a good man. Why does it take a disaster for them to wake up.:mindblown:

That's why I say it boils down to black women's choices:manny:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
So the new story will be that the only nikkas leaving their kids are thugs that had signs on their foreheads that they'd leave if the chick gets pregnant. This coming from a bunch of cats who say they aren't thugs but hold viewpoints about kids and family life that show they'd probably leave as well :pachaha:

You nikkas will say anything to not hold other nikkas accountable for being fukk ups, the shyt baffles me

:leon:

Great point. I've noticed this website really is the male version of Lipstick Alley. On both sites the threads are the same except that site will completely absolve the woman no matter what and this site will completely absolve the male. It's crazy.

:why:

You have threads on here from admitted adulterers and wife beaters and dudes are in there saying,

"keep your head up"

"It's not your fault"

Etc etc.

No nygga it is your fault! Geesh supposed adults can't even acknowledge they are wrong.

Then on lipstick alley you have broads who will openly state they slept with men who knew weren't father material. Who knew the men were no good. I'm a firm believer that you are what you attract. I never attracted potentially violent women or women too fcking lazy not to take birth control. I know both sites are obviously a small minority of people but it raises a good point that even when two people are together you immature parents who have no business raising children because they can't even admit their wrong.

How do you fix problems?