Black Men Need To Cut Their Hair or Stay At The Bottom (corporate world talk)

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
1. it was a joke
2. Compare yourself to people at your level, not below.

who’s to say you couldn’t be making more? Who’s to say you couldn’t be making less?

unfortunately some hairstyles have negative connotations whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

similar to people who have white names having a better chance not having their resumes getting thrown out over those with ethnic names.

some people with tats on their throats do well in the corporate world, but many do not. Corporate world is still very conservative.
My name is biblical cacs love my name they say it goes together so well :troll:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I work in IT, but work amongst corporate. Our team answers to senior people.

It can definently feel :mjpls: especially as a breh who never wears a suit or any sort of sophiscated get up to the office.

But if you are exceptional in what you do, there is not much they will say or do. My manager loves me, I get pay raises, bonuses, great yearly views (no humble brag, its something any breh with 2 brain cells to rub together can do, these cacs and asians arent special and for damn sure arent any smarter)

My hair might hurt my chances of a promotion, but I havent seen it yet

Maybe mid-senior exec level it matters a lot more. Never seen a breh with grown out hair in any senior executive positions anywhere so far.
Is this still the case for your workplace?