Black Men Need To Cut Their Hair or Stay At The Bottom (corporate world talk)

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
If we tried to bend to the will of every white attitude at a job we would end up killing ourselves. They're never happy about us. With that said, go in handle your business and you'll be fine.

Some black women on that :mjpls: have told me to cut my locs and that no one should have afros because of how we look to cops.

Of course there have been other black women bigging me up and I do the same to them. It's a shame some people don't realize how well they are being used.

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:picard:what u do bout it playa?
A Bit can’t diss the hair and get away wit it now

U can't really say shyt to females at that job. It was a restaurant, but it was under corporate. Everyone was or "acted" high class and most of the young women were put on the pedestal. I even looked at the women I wasn't cool with like :stopitslime:, and that alone would give me heat from everybody.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
You have to be as non-threatening as possible to thrive in corporate America.

Can't have facial hair
Can't talk in your natural deep voice
Avoid eye contact
Don't flirt with any of the female co-workers

If you're gay or tranny you get promoted with the quickness no questions asked.

A strong willed heterosexual black man is seen as a threat.

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m new in the game with locs in Corp but ok let you nikkas know how it goes after few years

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
U can't really say shyt to females at that job. It was a restaurant, but it was under corporate. Everyone was or "acted" high class and most of the young women were put on the pedestal. I even looked at the women I wasn't cool with like :stopitslime:, and that alone would give me heat from everybody.
that’s crazy but that’s good u didn’t lose sight of the money in the heat of the moment .your wise :leostare:

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that’s crazy but that’s good u didn’t lose sight of the money in the heat of the moment .your wise :leostare:

For me to get on track with getting my credit up and paying off bills, maybe. Other than that, it felt like I had no freedom. Nobody really cared how hard I worked and there's no chance of promotion. Almost lost my mind how bird brained and smug most of those cacs were.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
My wife has dreads, but she is also an attorney that works for herself and has several people that work under her.

During the quarantine, when I couldn't get regular cuts on a consistent basis and was sitting at home for a 2-3 months because my job was making us work from home, I grew my hair out.

I had a mini fro with the little textured twists if you are familiar with that style. I kept it for a while after I went back to work, but I inevitably cut it back down to my low cut taper fade.

A lot of brehs ain't going to like the next thing I say, BUT we play by a different set of rules than White folks. A lot of times you have to have a more clean cut look to seem less threatening when you work in an environment with 90 percent cacs.

I do have a side businesses with real estate; however, on my primary job I try to maintain a certain clean cut look. I'm mindful of how I dress too. I'm an administrator and typically in those adminstrative meetings, I'm the only Black person or only one of two Black people in the room.

A lot of White folks don't know our culture and a lot of them typically default to thinking we are like whatever stereotype they have seen on tv or painted in their head of us.

When they see a Black person that isn't about the jive talk and hip shyt they typically hit you with the...
:merchant:

and don't know how to take you.