Black Men Need To Cut Their Hair or Stay At The Bottom (corporate world talk)

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Depends on the organization.

My homie works at McDonald's corporate as a senior manager and his hair is like Jay-Z's now. Dude isn't in marketing or HR either.

Some organizations are outdated with their view on hairstyles...I believe UPS just started letting you have facial hair.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course kevin samuels would subscribe to this antiquated bullshyt. his entire hustle is built around convincing people that he's always in the know based in large part on the visual he presents to you.

Depends on the organization.

My homie works at McDonald's corporate as a senior manager and his hair is like Jay-Z's now. Dude isn't in marketing or HR either.

Some organizations are outdated with their view on hairstyles...I believe UPS just started letting you have facial hair.

thank you. of course you have to worry about your appearance in an industry where success is determined in part by face-to-face interactions with potential clients/consumers. but even then, the smart companies have already shifted their approach, acknowleding their best chance of engaging those consumers is by hiring people who have credibility when speaking to them.

why cater to the dinosaurs that dont understand this? if you're stuck at one of these places, save your bread, bide your time and use the experience to find an opportunity that's a better fit for you. fukk 'em.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
I have dreads and making more money then I have in my life, even when I had cornrows I ran up a bag, promotion after promotion :wow:. Corporate dont care they even hire people with exposed tats.
This

We got whole men dressing up like a whole female and this fakkit worried about dreads. I have dreads and just got a 10k raise and a new job

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The office sambo is now required to act a lil street to pacify cacs awkwardness finding ways to relate to black people.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most of these corporate dress codes aren’t even in play anymore. Depends on your office and career.

When I got my first corporate job back in 2005 I had to wear a tie everyday, no earrings or bulky men’s jewelry. Now? The only time ties and suit jackets are mandatory is for headshots.

10 years from now well all be wearing those Star Trek onesies and working from home.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of these corporate dress codes aren’t even in play anymore. Depends on your office and career.

When I got my first corporate job back in 2005 I had to wear a tie everyday, no earrings or bulky men’s jewelry. Now? The only time ties and suit jackets are mandatory is for headshots.

10 years from now well all be wearing those Star Trek onesies and working from home.

I’ve seen both sides. When I started, it was unspoken rule that you shouldn’t have dreads/cornrows on a “serious” job interview, and definitely no tats exposed. No one said it. But you knew. And because I wanted to be taken seriously I thought I had no choice but to go along with it.

Looking back on it, I’m disappointed in myself for conscribing.

I have at least 3 inches of beard on my face now. An arm covered in ink. No one gives a shyt. And if they do, I’d be happy to make a movement out of their discriminatory hiring practices.

seriously. fukk anyone still perpetuating this “gotta look a certain way to be taken seriously” bullshyt. Stop letting these people think it’s their place to dictate the rules of engagement. It feeds into the entitlement they already think is their birthright.