Black Men Need To Cut Their Hair or Stay At The Bottom (corporate world talk)

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I work in IT, but work amongst corporate. Our team answers to senior people.

It can definently feel :mjpls: especially as a breh who never wears a suit or any sort of sophiscated get up to the office.

But if you are exceptional in what you do, there is not much they will say or do. My manager loves me, I get pay raises, bonuses, great yearly views (no humble brag, its something any breh with 2 brain cells to rub together can do, these cacs and asians arent special and for damn sure arent any smarter)

My hair might hurt my chances of a promotion, but I havent seen it yet

Maybe mid-senior exec level it matters a lot more. Never seen a breh with grown out hair in any senior executive positions anywhere so far.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
If you are in IT, they daf really unless you some shyt anyway
I’ve noticed dress codes only come into play in useless, unskilled positions like corporate sales. They’re typically the most selective even though all you really need is a mouthpiece.

IT brehs live good wherever they work at and aren’t held to those same bs standards

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I’ve noticed dress codes only come into play in useless, unskilled positions like corporate sales. They’re typically the most selective even though all you really need is a mouthpiece.

IT brehs live good wherever they work at and aren’t held to those same bs standards

:pachaha: I thank the universe every day I discovered the IT major by chance.
And then when this covid hit :wow: This remote shyt has IT brehs spoiled as fukk

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It can definently feel :mjpls: especially as a breh who never wears a suit or any sort of sophiscated get up to the office.

But if you are exceptional in what you do, there is not much they will say or do. My manager loves me, I get pay raises, bonuses, great yearly views (no humble brag, its something any breh with 2 brain cells to rub together can do, these cacs and asians arent special and for damn sure arent any smarter)

Maybe mid-senior exec level it matters a lot more. Never seen a breh with grown out hair in any senior executive positions anywhere so far.
I'm bald and I agree.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

This is a contradiction, don't ask how

I see you say your manager loves you, you get pay raises, bonuses. I don't see you say 'My manager loves me AND gives me promotions'.

Speak on it breh
:jbhmm:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This is a contradiction, don't ask how

I see you say your manager loves you, you get pay raises, bonuses. I don't see you say 'My manager loves me AND gives me promotions'.

Speak on it breh
:jbhmm:

My manager and I are technically at the same pay grade level, he gets a manager bonus and thats about it and he is a white guy only a couple years older than me.

They are basically fukking everyone with the promotion shyt. The only person who is at a different pay grade is our global lead and a super smart dude in one of our emea locations.

Everyone else is at the same paygrade pretty much.