Black Manta rumored to be the villain in Aquaman (2018) !!!

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
What about dude from Power?

PageImage-485033-3701786-OmariHardwick_leatherJacket.jpg

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
it wasnt geoff nor zack....think that was one of those bullshyt articles.....so far, the word is the lantern movie will be a corp movie, so it'll have multiple lanterns....and with WB/DC pushing 'we the diverse' superhero universe, john gonna have a spot....i want hodge to get that role...if he doesnt get that, i'm with you, i just want him to have 'next'...been a fan of that brotha since the leverage series....

Thanks for the scoop breh, I didn't hear about the corps/team angle.

I agree, he's real good on Leverage that's where I first saw him too.

I think Black Manta should be older to introduce the black Aqualad in the sequals. But they might go for an origin story for Black Manta, since there really wasn't one in the pre-New52 continuity (and not talking about him being assaulted by pirates. Im talking about how he built his evil empire). I think they might make him a rouge Atlantean General or something.

He's the right age but I dont think he could pull off the psychopathic trait of Manta. Manta is insane.

After this fukkery, I'm not sure if I want to see Aqualad :ld: : Aqualad Is Gay In DC Comics' New "Rebirth" Universe

That character also seems to be a slick way to comment on black parenthood....:mjpls: Why doesn't he have his dads last name (Isn't Black Manta's real name David Ray?) And it seems like he mostly spends his time fighting against his father as well. Damn, Aquaman took homies father AND son....:laugh:

Now, in regards to BM's characterization, if they go with a slightly psychotic angle, I could get down with that. Ya know, I was thinking about a character earlier that kind of reminds me of Manta. For anyone that has seen Firefly, you might already know who I'm thinking about :

o1wG1Px.gif

w9ZGZii.gif

Jubal Early only appeared in one episode, the final episode of the first (and only) season, but he made a HELL of an impression. He was this sort of...existentialist bounty hunter. He was crazy as hell, and came across as just eccentric and violent...but he'd muse on all these philosophical issues....:wow: I personally prefer him to Chewitel's "Operative" from the Serenity movie.

Hell, Richard Brooks is 53 and if they want to go older he probably deserves a consideration just off the strength of this character alone.

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
^^ The ADA from the early seasons of Law & Order.

I fukks with Michael Williams as he's clearly a great actor...but I really hope they don't go with an "Alex Cross". I was hoping for someone a little more younger and physically imposing.
For those talking about height, he's 5'10....:skip:

Aldis Hodge needs to throw his name out there.

hbIi3i1.jpg
Hodge is good. Don't know why everyone is bringing up size like Atlanteans ain't some mystical creatures. Is this the reverse of Wonder Woman not looking like Chyna, Manta has to stand right next to Aquaman? Camera angles will fix all that, Tom Cruise has been 6 feet for years on film whilst standing 5'8 off set.