Black Manta rumored to be the villain in Aquaman (2018) !!!

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I wonder who they would cast. Marvel got all the big names. :patrice:

I guess Nate Parker could work. Maybe Aldis Hodge.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i like the choice, but no, he doesnt need to go for manta...cause he should be john stewart...i've been saying that shyt since day 1...he would kill that role....

posted it in the aquaman thread, but i'll post it here:

for black manta, an actor i thought of: sean blakemore...he has the look and size to pull off a great manta....

I'd fukk with John Stewart heavily but my understanding is that Geoff Johns (Or maybe it was Zack Snyder) has a hard-on for Hal Jordan. Can't remember where I read that, might have been one of those bullshyt reddit "leaks" in which case it might not even be true, but I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for Stewart.

Let's be honest, with Cyborg in there, DC is probably looking at this like "black quota filled....:noah:" :lolbron:

Regardless, I agree, Hodge is definitely someone that I hope has "next".

For some reason I always go with Lance Reddikk as Black Manta in a live action movie.

A little older than I'd like but I'd fukk with this....:ehh:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder who they would cast. Marvel got all the big names. :patrice:

I guess Nate Parker could work. Maybe Aldis Hodge.

they dont need a big name like that, they just need a muthafukka that can act and looks the part....also, i'm down with them giving a new brotha a chance....

to go along with the point of giving someone new a chance: think they might do it to save on the budget....say that cause as much as aquaman is getting hype/support, i can see them not blank checking this budget cause whether or not the character can bring in money is unproven...plus they already gonna have to spend a grip on the cgi...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd fukk with John Stewart heavily but my understanding is that Geoff Johns (Or maybe it was Zack Snyder) has a hard-on for Hal Jordan. Can't remember where I read that, might have been one of those bullshyt reddit "leaks" in which case it might not even be true, but I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for Stewart.

Let's be honest, with Cyborg in there, DC is probably looking at this like "black quota filled....:noah:" :lolbron:

it wasnt geoff nor zack....think that was one of those bullshyt articles.....so far, the word is the lantern movie will be a corp movie, so it'll have multiple lanterns....and with WB/DC pushing 'we the diverse' superhero universe, john gonna have a spot....i want hodge to get that role...if he doesnt get that, i'm with you, i just want him to have 'next'...been a fan of that brotha since the leverage series....

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Black Manta has one of the coolest character designs in comics

Morris Chesnut would be a great choice. He's 6'0 and stays in shape. Almost 50 doe.

morris-chestnut-1-sized.jpg

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

A little older than I'd like but I'd fukk with this....:ehh:

I think Black Manta should be older to introduce the black Aqualad in the sequals. But they might go for an origin story for Black Manta, since there really wasn't one in the pre-New52 continuity (and not talking about him being assaulted by pirates. Im talking about how he built his evil empire). I think they might make him a rouge Atlantean General or something.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Cumberbatch is taller means what?! :dahell:

Who said I didn't know the characterization?

IT's a primordial trait that women dig taller men. IT's like that in every movie with the prettyboy white star and the black partner/sidekick. Like Paul Walker and Tyrese. Or any Kevin Hart Movie. Die Hard may not have portray it though, but you see where Im getting at.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
IT's a primordial trait that women dig taller men. IT's like that in every movie with the prettyboy white star and the black partner/sidekick. Like Paul Walker and Tyrese. Or any Kevin Hart Movie. Die Hard may not have portray it though, but you see where Im getting at.
I don't, please be explicit. This is a conspiracy now to do what?

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Black Manta has one of the coolest character designs in comics

Morris Chesnut would be a great choice. He's 6'0 and stays in shape. Almost 50 doe.

morris-chestnut-1-sized.jpg

He's the right age but I dont think he could pull off the psychopathic trait of Manta. Manta is insane.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
:43

Because black characters don't need black in front of their names. It only works for Panther.

Black manta originally was a black supremacist so it makes sense for him to have black in the name. Y'all new jack comic book fans should learn y'all history

I can understand the sensitivity behind it, so I think they will give him a personal name and he will be called that throughout the movie.